Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Isn’t there a Menards out that way? I haven’t been that way I a while. I know it was farther east, but not that far away. It my day it the article.
    You are correct.
    About 1.5 miles from this location but it is very small. Suspect that location will close and this new location will become a mega-menards similar or bigger than what the schererville one is.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Good. Maybe keep the riff raff more north and out of my Schererville store
    Agree! The hammond menards has outgrown itself as well. Still it tends to have stuff in stock vs the schererville one.

jedi does not like the schererville one. It's too big and at least for electrical stuff is always out of stock. Maybe cause everyone goes there vs the smaller locations.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Agree! The hammond menards has outgrown itself as well. Still it tends to have stuff in stock vs the schererville one.

jedi does not like the schererville one. It's too big and at least for electrical stuff is always out of stock. Maybe cause everyone goes there vs the smaller locations.
    Since I can avoid 30&41 Merrillville menards has been my go to

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I heard awhile back that was in the works but Dollar Tree has a long term lease that was getting in the way. Maybe they worked a deal. The existing one down the road to the east is an an old Zayers building.
    R u sure about that zayers building?

The Cline Ave plaza had a Zayer then it became Venture then it became Kmart.

The other location (current griffith/Gary menards) had an Ultra foods and something else before it became menards.

bdj357

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    DaRegion NWI Crown Point

The other location (current griffith/Gary menards) had an Ultra foods and something else before it became menards.
    I believe you are correct. The menards is where a grocery store sat. And the corner in question, was the venture/zarye/Kmart

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Same reason I went with the Sig P365. Forget it’s there. Conceals and carries much nicer. I had a laser/light set up on the G26. Haven’t decided for the Sig yet.
    I was never in love with the Glock. I have several. I appreciate them as amazingly reliable handguns, they do exactly what they should do. But for compact concealed carry they are lacking in actual comfortable concealed carry, even in very good holsters.

I am not criticizing the Glock brand or the G26 in particular. Fantastically reliable handguns. No gripe from me. But the Sig P365, the S.A. Hellcat, and a few select others, are also reliable and somewhat more comfortable, compact, lighter and/or smaller for concealed carry. The Hellcat and the Sig P365 were both on the top of my list. The Hellcat was actually second to the Sig when I started looking seriously but for my hand it came out first when the money came out of the wallet.

bdj357

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    DaRegion NWI Crown Point
    I was never in love with the Glock. I have several. I appreciate them as amazingly reliable handguns, they do exactly what they should do. But for compact concealed carry they are lacking in actual comfortable concealed carry, even in very good holsters.

I am not criticizing the Glock brand or the G26 in particular. Fantastically reliable handguns. No gripe from me. But the Sig P365, the S.A. Hellcat, and a few select others, are also reliable and somewhat more comfortable, compact, lighter and/or smaller for concealed carry. The Hellcat and the Sig P365 were both on the top of my list. The Hellcat was actually second to the Sig when I started looking seriously but for my hand it came out first when the money came out of the wallet.
    I am with you 100%
    I really wasn’t even looking to replace my G26. I actually overlooked the p365 until I shot a friends. And then when I got my hands on a Wilson grip module…

Attachments

• 87A7EBEF-FACD-4BE0-92A1-FB46A38D0E12.jpeg
      87A7EBEF-FACD-4BE0-92A1-FB46A38D0E12.jpeg
      503 KB · Views: 3
    Last edited:

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland

Yes, used to go there as a kid with my mother. Don't ever remember anything but a drive in theater before Venture at Cline and Ridge. Ultra foods in the spot to the east of the current Menards. Think you can still see the shadow of the Ultra sign in place. The Hammond one was also a Zayer before Menard's tore it down to build the existing place. I know that cuz my mom took me to that one to get an 8 x 10 foot cabin tent with my lawn mowing money.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Used to go to Goldblatt's, Edward C. Minas and the great old Army Navy Surplus downtown Hammond. That and Woodmar mall were places to go before Southlake Mall was built. I remember when the Dead Sea was just sick.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom