• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M9Hoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    NWI
    I found this post on the open carry forum if anybody needs a ffl that doesn't charge an arm and a leg.

If you live up around NWI way, try Dennis at: glshooters@gmail.com

Dennis is a straight-up, stand-up guy and a really great guy to deal with, and charges a meer $15 for a transfer. He also refuses to deal (sales, transfers, socialize, etc.) with anyone of "questionable character". So, you can be certain he's doing all he can to help out the good guys and keep access to guns away from the not-so-good-guys.

I bought a handgun from a dealer in South Carolina, found Dennis' name on the GunsAmerica.com website, and Dennis did the transfer for me. I didn't know him prior to this, but we're definitely friends now!

I recommend Dennis, and Great Lakes Shooters (hence the e-mail addy) quite highly. Tell him J.B. had ya call.

Hope this helps a bit, friends.

J.B.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    If he is the same Dennis I'm thinking of I would also highly recommend him. I have delt with him quite a few times with deals through Gunbroker. Great guy.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Yes, Portage. I do not have his info handy. You can go to Gunbroker and find the part about locating a dealer. I also don't think he wants to deal with scumbags and will probably feel a person out.

M9Hoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    NWI
    what exactly do you mean by scumbags? If a person cant own a firearm they will be denied by the NICS. So do you mean he judges people on appearance?

Gritch

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Portage
    I just did a transfer through him two weeks ago. Great guy. I asked if he accepted transfers from individuals and he said that he did. Just let him know about it when you contact him.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    what exactly do you mean by scumbags? If a person cant own a firearm they will be denied by the NICS. So do you mean he judges people on appearance?

Like the OP stated, people of questionable character. Not by a person's looks.

Edit....Let me say this. I have been in local gun shops and have personally seen someone denied because even though the person could pass the background check the dealer thought the possibilty of a straw purchase was good.

M9Hoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    NWI
    Like the OP stated, people of questionable character. Not by a person's looks.

Edit....Let me say this. I have been in local gun shops and have personally seen someone denied because even though the person could pass the background check the dealer thought the possibilty of a straw purchase was good.

I understand, does he have a store front or is this home based?

diverdown219

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    N.W. IN
    Thank You M9Hoosier!!!

I contacted Dennis based on this post and he was fantastic to deal with.
    He gave me a great deal on a new PM40 w/ night sights...I highly recommend him.
    I will definitely be dealing with him again.

I also turned him onto INGO.....hopefully we will see him soon.

M9Hoosier wrote:

"I found this post on the open carry forum if anybody needs a ffl that doesn't charge an arm and a leg. "

Quote:
    If you live up around NWI way, try Dennis at: glshooters@gmail.com

Dennis is a straight-up, stand-up guy and a really great guy to deal with, and charges a meer $15 for a transfer. He also refuses to deal (sales, transfers, socialize, etc.) with anyone of "questionable character". So, you can be certain he's doing all he can to help out the good guys and keep access to guns away from the not-so-good-guys.

I bought a handgun from a dealer in South Carolina, found Dennis' name on the GunsAmerica.com website, and Dennis did the transfer for me. I didn't know him prior to this, but we're definitely friends now!

I recommend Dennis, and Great Lakes Shooters (hence the e-mail addy) quite highly. Tell him J.B. had ya call.

Hope this helps a bit, friends.

J.B.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :hijack: (to a certain degree)

Anyone know how much the other local FFLs charge?

Cabela's (Hammond, IN)
    Deb's Gun Range (Hammond, IN)
    Blythes (Griffith, IN)

Anyone else I'm missing? To get a comparision of price and service.
    Thanks

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    +1 for Dennis

I dealt with Dennis this week. He was very helpful regarding a FFL transfer from out of state. He even worked with me while he was away on vacation. The prices were good, and the service was prompt. I'll be dealing with Dennis again. :yesway::yesway:

Ask him for quotes on weapons you are searching for.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :hijack: (to a certain degree)

Anyone know how much the other local FFLs charge?

Cabela's (Hammond, IN)
    Deb's Gun Range (Hammond, IN)
    Blythes (Griffith, IN)

Anyone else I'm missing? To get a comparision of price and service.
    Thanks

Oh what fun I get to answer my own question. :laugh:

Blythe's Fees
    Value of item: 0 - $500 = $50 fee
    $501 - $1000 = $75 fee
    $1001+ = $76+ depending on value of firearm

Deb's Gun Range flate $50 fee

Did not bother to call Cabela's or Garner Mountain.
    Rather give my biz to the smaller shops.

Top Bottom