• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    Back a few weeks ago I received a letter stating that the nursing home my mother had stayed in owed us a decent amount of money from overpayment. I called the nursing home and was told the company had been holding credits and was preparing to pay them. I was given the number to the corporate office. I have called several times left numerous messages and even tried to contact them through their website with no results. Anyone have any suggestions or should I just wait at this point to see if they just send us a check?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    When my wife’s mom passed away a few years ago, I think there was still a question about final billing and whatnot. It took a little time to finalize everything. Maybe 2-3 months? Her estate wasn’t really owed anything that I can remember though so her situation may not be apples-apples with yours.

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    "holding credits and was preparing to pay them"

Are they going to pay you in $US$ dollars?
    I'd stay on them from every angle until I got some information...
    * Name & number of the person that gives you solid information.
    * Date & time I finally got that information.
    * A backup number from them, where I could follow up, should there be any issues.
    * Specific amount to be refunded, when and how it would be refunded.

Having a buttload of information will never hurt you in a situation where someone owes you money.
    Remember that YOU are far more motivated in receiving a refund than THEY are to refund you.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    "holding credits and was preparing to pay them"

Are they going to pay you in $US$ dollars?
    I'd stay on them from every angle until I got some information...
    * Name & number of the person that gives you solid information.
    * Date & time I finally got that information.
    * A backup number from them, where I could follow up, should there be any issues.
    * Specific amount to be refunded, when and how it would be refunded.

Having a buttload of information will never hurt you in a situation where someone owes you money.
    Remember that YOU are far more motivated in receiving a refund than THEY are to refund you.
    The nursing home mom was at was sold and they are no longer owned by same company. The only thing the person I spoke to could give me was a corporate number that no one answers. I have left numerous messages with no return call. No response to my contact through their website. I am at a loss on what to do next.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    The nursing home mom was at was sold and they are no longer owned by same company. The only thing the person I spoke to could give me was a corporate number that no one answers. I have left numerous messages with no return call. No response to my contact through their website. I am at a loss on what to do next.
    Which corporate number did they provide? The old company or the new? If it's the new corporation that took over then drive in there and speak with their business office manager about it. Let them know no one is answering and they need to reach out and find answers. Of course be polite about. Give them a couple weeks. After that go back in there and follow up. If nothing has happened then let them know a lawyer will be contacting them. That should help get them moving

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Why is it “we” have to pay our money immediately but refunds from a company?

When you get the refund, make sure they have paid you interest on the money they have withheld.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Which corporate number did they provide? The old company or the new? If it's the new corporation that took over then drive in there and speak with their business office manager about it. Let them know no one is answering and they need to reach out and find answers. Of course be polite about. Give them a couple weeks. After that go back in there and follow up. If nothing has happened then let them know a lawyer will be contacting them. That should help get them moving
    THIS. Its easy to just not return messages or emails. A grumpy (yet polite of course) customer sitting across the desk from you is another matter entirely. Make an appointment so you can discuss with the local person in the business office of the home. Ask for them to reach out on your behalf while you sit there. Possibly speakerphone.

If the corporate office just happens to be in town, even better. Go see them.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I do printing for several nursing and elder-care facilities up here in NWI. There seems to be a lot of consolidation and buyouts in the industry, at least up by us. It's hard to believe, with what they charge, but many are having a hard time making money, and every one of them are short staffed and having a hard time recruiting help.

I advise anyone with a loved one in one of these facilities to be extra diligent that they are getting the level of care they deserve and are paying for.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    The number I was given was for the old corporation which is who has the money. They no longer operate any facilities in the area and the number is located in Tennessee.

nbunga

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    If you know the name of the company that owes you the money, I would look on their website for any other phone numbers that might at least get you to someone in the building. Then maybe be able to be transferred to the person that you need to talk with.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    So here is the latest update. I started leaving voice mail at a 2nd extension. Three weeks ago I received a call from someone at the 2nd extension. They informed me they are new to their position (of course) and would forward my information to a facility here in Indiana and they would contact me. I made no calls Thanksgiving week figuring no one is doing anything that week anyway. Last week I started leaving voice mail at the original extension and there was no contact from anyone. So now I have decided to turn up the heat. Next week I will give them a deadline or I will be contacting the state AG's office. Let's see if that gets their attention.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So here is the latest update. I started leaving voice mail at a 2nd extension. Three weeks ago I received a call from someone at the 2nd extension. They informed me they are new to their position (of course) and would forward my information to a facility here in Indiana and they would contact me. I made no calls Thanksgiving week figuring no one is doing anything that week anyway. Last week I started leaving voice mail at the original extension and there was no contact from anyone. So now I have decided to turn up the heat. Next week I will give them a deadline or I will be contacting the state AG's office. Let's see if that gets their attention.
    Just contact the AG's office. You've already tried too hard.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom