NRA finally realizes it's time to Dump the Dick...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    And it only took them a speedy 25 years or so to figure this out... :rolleyes: :xmad: :rolleyes:

Ummm, yeah, who was Lugar's primary opponent in 1994? 2000? How about 2006?

What are you mad at the NRA for?:rolleyes: This is the first opportunity that we have to dump him in the primary. Let's get it done! The NRA is helping; what are we doing?

INGO, if you don't like Dick Lugar, write a check and turn out in May!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Ummm, yeah, who was Lugar's primary opponent in 1994? 2000? How about 2006?

What are you mad at the NRA for?:rolleyes: This is the first opportunity that we have to dump him in the primary.

Regardless of whether he had a primary opponent or not, the Dickster has proven to be such an enemy to the 2nd Amendment that I just think the NRA should have done much more to unseat him, even if it meant endorsing a less-anti-gun Democrat...or the Libertarian candidate...or an old mildewy boot...or a steaming pile of dog :poop: on the street...almost anything/one except for The Dick would have been better. My :twocents: ...

It would seem that I am not alone in wondering where the NRA has been the past several years...

"Why didn't the NRA start fighting Lugar right after these votes, in his reelection campaigns in 1996 or 2000 or 2006? Perhaps it's because Lugar ran unopposed...Even so, surely the NRA had the resources to make its feelings heard way back when."

The Prosecution rests...! ;) :D

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Regardless of whether he had a primary opponent or not, the Dickster has proven to be such an enemy to the 2nd Amendment that I just think the NRA should have done much more to unseat him, even if it meant endorsing a less-anti-gun Democrat...or the Libertarian candidate...or an old mildewy boot...or a steaming pile of dog :poop: on the street...almost anything/one except for The Dick would have been better. My :twocents: ...

It would seem that I am not alone in wondering where the NRA has been the past several years...

"Why didn't the NRA start fighting Lugar right after these votes, in his reelection campaigns in 1996 or 2000 or 2006? Perhaps it's because Lugar ran unopposed...Even so, surely the NRA had the resources to make its feelings heard way back when."

The Prosecution rests...! ;) :D

So, the NRA should have fought a losing to battle against a Senator running unopposed? Why? What would that do except waste money?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The Prosecution rests

If only they would.

I object and move for a bad trial thingy.

Regardless of whether he had a primary opponent or not, the Dickster has proven to be such an enemy to the 2nd Amendment that I just think the NRA should have done much more to unseat him,

What should the NRA have done? Magic pixie dust?

even if it meant endorsing a less-anti-gun Democrat...or the Libertarian candidate

No Democrat or Libertarians were running in the Republican primary of '94, 2000, 2006.

Why didn't the NRA start fighting Lugar right after these votes, in his reelection campaigns in 1996 or 2000 or 2006?

Because the NRA does not have magic pixie dust. The NRA needed an opponent to endorse and with this mossback conservative that is running against him, the NRA now has an opponent to endorse.

You are quoting a bunch of East Coast Eloi at the Atlantic that do not even realize that Lugar did not run in 1996. Well, gee, I apologize to the Atlantic editor, Mr. L. Underbite Mumbler IV, for noti clapping my hands and not having a viable right-wing candidate that would meet with the Atlantic's approval.

Lugar has had an F rating for a long time, but Lugar has not had a primary opponent in a long time. He has one now and the NRA endorsed a PRIMARY opponent.

Mother of Pearl! Only on INGO, and L. Neil Smith's blog, would the NRA be criticized for attempting to unelect a anti-gun politician.:D

"Mommy, Daddy isn't fixing the car quick enough."

Top Bottom