Now you must declare ethnicity when buying a gun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Now i'm going to sound like a hippy, but true is true.

We're all just shades of brown, man, shades of brown. Like a row in the most beautiful crayola box there ever was.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You don't think that area results in any children with both an Asian and a Hispanic parent?

I think what he's saying is that to be "Asian and Hispanic" one part of the lineage would have to be from someplace Spanish speaking (or even directly from Spain). Something more like this:
    Chinatown in Madrid - Madrid Forum - TripAdvisor

In Buenos Aires, Portuguese is the official language.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The philippines can not give you a "hispanic" anything normally.

That horrible term is used by the usa .gov for people who's family of orgin are from "latin america" (ie. mexico, central and south america (most countries that speeak spanish)
    Around the world "hispanic" tends to be known as people who are from "the americas" and speak spanish and/or porteguess.

The CORRECT term is latino. "His Panic" is the made up world that the USA has created for a whole region of people that are/have come to the USA and they (USA) think are one and the same, which is not the case. While a mexican and salvadorian may look the same (skin color, dark hair, etc.) that is where it ends. Their cultures are different. They both speak spanish and are probably catholic but that is about it. They have different social issues.

But now back to our discussion.

@KLB
    Not sure I understand your comment?

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Old news. I have been checking the "Not Hispanic or Latino" and the "White" boxes for sometime now. I have never known what any of that has to do with me buying the gun, other than a way the store clerks can visually verify that I am the non Hispanic or Latino White guy I claim to be.

my mom is from argentina, but i look like a northern european...ive never known how to answer..have i lied when i said "non-hispanic"?????

(she came here legally, i promise)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    my mom is from argentina, but i look like a northern european...ive never known how to answer..have i lied when i said "non-hispanic"?????

(she came here legally, i promise)
    Yes, you did - the BATFE will take all your guns. For safe keeping I'll take all your guns. Then, when the feds come, give them the 'ole fishing accident story.

Do you identify yourself with Argentinian culture?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Everything I know about mid century Argentinian politics, I learned from this:

[video=youtube;gwDdL6dfXYI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwDdL6dfXYI[/video]

Top Bottom