Now you must declare ethnicity when buying a gun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Old news. I have been checking the "Not Hispanic or Latino" and the "White" boxes for sometime now. I have never known what any of that has to do with me buying the gun, other than a way the store clerks can visually verify that I am the non Hispanic or Latino White guy I claim to be.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    According to Antropologists, current man originated in Africa. So, therefore, aren't we ALL African Americans (ancestors from Africa, but living in America)?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    According to Antropologists, current man originated in Africa. So, therefore, aren't we ALL African Americans (ancestors from Africa, but living in America)?

IT BEGAN IN AFRICA.
    [video=youtube;NO4WBkLV3qs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO4WBkLV3qs[/video]

wabashman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Hrm...I'm probably selecting the wrong ones...I'm 1/4 hispanic but NEVER have checked that box. It's always been the 'white' box. Always felt if I checked hispanic I would have received handouts for something eventually. I do NOT want any handouts from anyone. Nor do I associate with any hispanic ancestry of mine. Only positive thing I've gained from that bloodline is the year-round tan.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Hrm...I'm probably selecting the wrong ones...I'm 1/4 hispanic but NEVER have checked that box. It's always been the 'white' box. Always felt if I checked hispanic I would have received handouts for something eventually. I do NOT want any handouts from anyone. Nor do I associate with any hispanic ancestry of mine. Only positive thing I've gained from that bloodline is the year-round tan.

Sounds like you are definitely doing the right thing.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    That's a serious pet peeve of mine. Here's how I respond, in order: don't respond at all if that option is available; check the box that says "choose not to disclose" if that's available; "other" if that's available; if none of those options are there, I pick one randomly. Especially since these things are never defined (partly because it is almost impossible to define the categories).

Ancestry somewhat convoluted.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    It is said that all native Americans have asian bloodlines.

I don't think race has anything to do with transferring a firearm.

Top Bottom