• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You'd be pretty surprised at how well they do. A lot of their sales are after the show at the store with people who made initial contact at the show. It only takes selling one $10,000 Drilling to put you well into the black!

Joe and Guy are great people. Known them for a long long time.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Maybe I went to a different show than other INGOers, but I went this afternoon and was pretty unimpressed. News guns selling for full retail and above. Used guns selling for new gun prices. Add to that, not much in the way actually interesting items. Meh. I guess it's a way to kill a few hours. Occasionally it pays off, like the police trade in Benelli M1s with Surefire fore ends that ACME had a few shows ago for $600 a piece.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Maybe I went to a different show than other INGOers, but I went this afternoon and was pretty unimpressed. News guns selling for full retail and above. Used guns selling for new gun prices. Add to that, not much in the way actually interesting items. Meh. I guess it's a way to kill a few hours. Occasionally it pays off, like the police trade in Benelli M1s with Surefire fore ends that ACME had a few shows ago for $600 a piece.

I went to the last gun show at Muncie and thought that I would no longer go to them in the future. Almost no firearms, ammunition, and reloading components. There was a lot of flea market type items. The firearms that were there seemed like they were going for higher than normal prices. Based on my experience with the local show, I was eager to go to this INDY 1500 because I was hoping for the gun shows of 8 years ago. It almost sounds like that I would be money ahead if I put the money for gas, parking, and entry to the 1500 toward items ordered off the Internet. Am I right?

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I went to the last gun show at Muncie and thought that I would no longer go to them in the future. Almost no firearms, ammunition, and reloading components. There was a lot of flea market type items. The firearms that were there seemed like they were going for higher than normal prices. Based on my experience with the local show, I was eager to go to this INDY 1500 because I was hoping for the gun shows of 8 years ago. It almost sounds like that I would be money ahead if I put the money for gas, parking, and entry to the 1500 toward items ordered off the Internet. Am I right?

With the price of gas and parking/admission nearing $20, quite frankly, yes, you’d be better off ordering online.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

One does not attend to go to a gun show for the latest plastic fantastic piece of crap from Ruger, Remington or Glock. Why would you think a new gun would magically be less expensive at a gun show?

I had incredibly interesting items. They did not move so I moved the crap. I simply responded to the market.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I'm satisfied with my mil-surp collection but would have liked to have seen what was on Kirk's table.

I only made a quick stop into the show to help my bro-in-law trade in an old hated Gen2 Glock .40S&W for a newer Gen4 Glock .45 MOS. He's happy, so I'm happy.

I do really miss vendors like PK Firearms who brought lots of quality uppers + high quality small ticket items like; Blue Force Gear slings, GG&G swivels, optic mounts, bipods... I'm sick of the cheap China black gun crap.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    One does not attend to go to a gun show for the latest plastic fantastic piece of crap from Ruger, Remington or Glock. Why would you think a new gun would magically be less expensive at a gun show?

I had incredibly interesting items. They did not move so I moved the crap. I simply responded to the market.

I rarely go looking for new guns. But as to why I would think they would be less expensive, it's for the same reason I expect them to be less expensive online. A good chunk of the dealers operating at guns shows aren't running large, expensive retail establishments with a large staff, all of which adds overhead.

Anyway, as to used guns, the selection was pretty sad in general, though I'm sure yours were great.

I'm sure I walked by your table at some point, since I always stop and look at the milsurps... though I've sadly given up buying bolt action rifles. I've learned in my old age that I really don't enjoy shooting right handed bolt actions as a lefty, so other than the ones in my collection still, I've given them up. Single shots, lever guns, pump action, or semi-autos sure, PITA right handed bolt actions, nope.

I did see at least one table with what appeared to be a good price on a Baby Browning (though I didn't look closely enough to check the condition). I didn't see any Colt M1909 New Service, which was what I was keeping my eye out for (did see a few M1917s though).

But really, it mostly table after table of the same exact new stuff, and of course, knock-off Microtech/Benchmade knives and knock-off Eotech and Aimpoint sights, and other random stuff.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I do really miss vendors like PK Firearms who brought lots of quality uppers + high quality small ticket items like; Blue Force Gear slings, GG&G swivels, optic mounts, bipods... I'm sick of the cheap China black gun crap.

People don't want quality, they want crap. The vendors simply respond to what people want.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I rarely go looking for new guns. But as to why I would think they would be less expensive, it's for the same reason I expect them to be less expensive online. A good chunk of the dealers operating at guns shows aren't running large, expensive retail establishments with a large staff, all of which adds overhead.

Anyway, as to used guns, the selection was pretty sad in general, though I'm sure yours were great.

I'm sure I walked by your table at some point, since I always stop and look at the milsurps... though I've sadly given up buying bolt action rifles. I've learned in my old age that I really don't enjoy shooting right handed bolt actions as a lefty, so other than the ones in my collection still, I've given them up. Single shots, lever guns, pump action, or semi-autos sure, PITA right handed bolt actions, nope.

I did see at least one table with what appeared to be a good price on a Baby Browning (though I didn't look closely enough to check the condition). I didn't see any Colt M1909 New Service, which was what I was keeping my eye out for (did see a few M1917s though).

But really, it mostly table after table of the same exact new stuff, and of course, knock-off Microtech/Benchmade knives and knock-off Eotech and Aimpoint sights, and other random stuff.

This particular show seemed worse than normal with the amount of counterfeits, knock-offs/clones. Not much you can do about the knock-offs and clones as long as they don't have the company's name or logo on them. My problem is with the counterfeits that have the company's name and or logo on them....it's an infringement of copyright laws in most cases. I have addressed this concern with the promoter before, and he doesn't seem to concerned about, and is not willing to do anything about it..........His show, his rules, and he can run his show how he sees fit.

I believe I was the only knife dealer there this past weekend with the "real" Microtech, Benchmade, Chris Reeve, (and others) knives. It can be a PIA having to explain to customers why my Microtech knives start at $225.00 when they think they are looking at the same thing at another table for $50.00.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    I think i fell into a knock off product by accident. Bought a fixed rear sight for my AR for 10 bucks thinking i got a sweet deal. Havent shot it yet but build quality seems iffy at best.. at least it is only 10 dollars

Top Bottom