Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    This is a followup to this thread here
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/187824-not_again.html

We are pleased that MR and MRS 88GT have chosen to allow us to repair their truck after it T boned a Caddy.

Also thank you for allowing me to photo document the repairs in process and display them here.

It took a couple weeks to get everything worked out with the insurance company before we could start on it but we have come to an agreement and repairs are under way.

This truck an F350 Crew Cab Long bed 1 ton frame really highlights some of the more involved repairs we can do.

The frame straightening is where everything begins and that is the phase it is in now while doing some of the mechanical at the same time.

The Frame Bench and Anchoring setup we have is state of the art and you won't find it in many shops in central Indiana.

Just want to drop a side note here. Yes the frame was bent and yet it will be like it was before the wreck. The old "it will never be the same" is based on some shops abilities not ours, I get tired of hearing that. /rant off :D

Any way here some pics of the truck being setup up and frame repairs being performed

Starting with a computerized before measurement of the frame.

The number on the printout are in Millimeters they should be as close to 0 as possible with 5 mils being on the outside of acceptable.

I would hate to see the Cadillac.

Picture037.jpg

In order to correct this damage properly the truck needs to be anchored solid to our frame bench so we can measure and pull everything back into place
    Here are the anchors that need to be assembled to hold the truck:

Picture013.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Assembled and anchored:

Picture021.jpg

Picture022.jpg

We had to suspend the suspension up off the rack

Picture024.jpg

And drop the springs out of the front for repairs

Picture036.jpg

It looks like a lot and it is but now we have created a flat plane under the truck from which to pull and measure from.

Picture029.jpg

Picture031.jpg

As it stands now the frame is straight and being removed from the bench.
    Most of the mechanical repairs have been done and ready to move to the next part of the repair process.

After print out

Picture038.jpg

For a long truck like this one is. this is an outstanding printout. some don't measure this nice from the factory.
    There won't be any "dog tracking" once we are finished.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Thank you for an awesome job

Mr. 88GT typing, (this is her account, that explains the avatar)

I am nothing but impressed on the quality of work you guys did with our truck. You an EXCEPTIONAL crew there at diamond. I especially appreciate all the patience the John had with us and all the questions and concerns that we had. I was amazed at how well Todd new his work, down to the metallurgy of the frames, and was very glad he took the time to explain to me exactly what they were going to do. I am a very experience engineer and his explanation to me was better than I get from most of engineers at a design review.

Having tried to catch 88GT all the way home, I can tell you for sure the truck did not dog track, drove great, and looks awesome!!! (Actually better than when we bought it!!)

Thanks again for an awesome job! Too bad I won't ever be allowed to drive it again.

Last edited:

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    88GT
    I goofed and did not get a good res final photo....would you mind sometime? :)

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    88GT
    I goofed and did not get a good res final photo....would you mind sometime? :)

I'll see what I can do. :) Hopefully we'll get a sunny day so the shine is maximized. She really is a purty truck. :D

I can't stress enough how great the Diamond folks were. I honestly think the truck looks better than when we bought it. And it drives superbly. Not a hint of issues in the suspension or steering, which to be honest, was something I was concerned with. Not a reflection of my thoughts on Allen and Crew's abilities, but more of a "can this really be fixed" concern? I had no idea such damage could be "erased" from a vehicle like that.

Worst part of the whole thing was time, and though I don't know the exact numbers, I'm betting the insurance wait was at least a third of the down time, if not closer to half. Seems like it took them forever to sign off on the repairs. :rolleyes:

Not that I ever want to go through this again, but if I do, it's going straight to Diamond.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    T-Bones happen.. I'm very happy to say I don't need your services, but if I ever do.. you'll be the shop!

Let me knock on wood, can't jinx myself!

Top Bottom