Sonuva.....

or

Someone didn't get the memo that 2011 left the building

or

Mr88GT is NOT driving my vehicles anymore

or

350 FOR THE WIN!!!

or

Caddies. Not safe for old people like we thought.

P1040549.jpg

P1040550.jpg

P1040551.jpg

Mr88GT was driving to work this morning when some guy in a Caddy pulled out in front of him. Newton being the kind of guy he is (was?), the truck plowed the Caddy across the two lanes of oncoming traffic, through the shoulder, and up over the railroad tracks that run about 20' from the shoulder's edge. The truck stopped with the front wheels between the two rails of the tracks. While most of the parts will have to be replaced, the driver of the Caddy had to be cut from his vehicle. It doesn't look as bad as it did because Mr88GT had them cut the bumper off due to its rubbing on the tire (and they weren't able to bend it away). The crappy thing is that all the parts have to be replaced even though the damage is mostly superficial and insignificant. There's no buffing those out. :xmad: Hood will have to be swapped too, I think. The only thing that may survive with a pound-out is the passenger fender.

Steering wheel is turned 90* to center and it drives "funny" due to alignment issues (ya think?). But that's what happens when you careen into idiots at cruising speed on a major thoroughfare. Wish I had pics of the Caddy though. And can you imagine how a smaller car would have fared? We don't call 'em road pucks for nuthin'.

Diamond Collision, you're on notice. Thankfully, the other guy was insured. Which for Mars Hill is kinda surprising. :rolleyes:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    If I had a dollar for every time somebody just pulled right out in front of me rather than waiting the 2 seconds for me to go by I could pay to fix your truck. People cannot drive!

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    If I had a dollar for every time somebody just pulled right out in front of me rather than waiting the 2 seconds for me to go by I could pay to fix your truck. People cannot drive!

If I had a dollar for every time someone pulled out in front of me ...
    I still wouldn't give any money to the guys who have the "Will Work for Food" signs.

will-work-for-food.jpg

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Look about like my sisters Tahoe after a woman ran a redlight and
    my sister smashed her broadside on Christmas day.
    $6,000.00 damage to the Tahoe, the old womans Saturn looked to be a total loss.
    Everybody walked away though so that's the only silver lining.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Don't wanna get in my way like that :) I'm drivin a school bus. I'd flatten you. I have several years with no paint scratched, though, at least by me. Some of these psychos would eat a car now and then if the cars didn't have rational drivers. I just shake my head and restrain myself from calling them out on the radio. Not so sure I'm doing them favors, though, like "55, you just about ate an Audi just now." Some of them might benefit.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Not being from here I often wondered if they teach that a person has the right away to pull out in traffic off of a side street or driveway in drivers ed here?

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Is it me, or has anyone else noticed that most Caddies are driven by people older than God and dirt????

My sis drove a Caddy till she could no longer drive, and she was in her early 80's before she finally had to quit. In the last few years that she drove, she managed to dent and ding several cars along the way. Not that it did much damage to her car, mostly the damage was to the other people that she'd hit. Which was probably due to the fact that the Caddy she was driving (which I inherited) was a 1969 Cadillac Sedan de Ville. The thing was a BOAT! And made back in the days when they used actual steel for frames, not just fiberglass.

I remember her telling me one time of someone she hit, but she didn't report it to her ins co, or the LEO's that came to the site, that she'd "blacked out for a few moments", before she hit the other person's poor car! She was afraid that either her ins would go up, or that they'd take away her drivers license. Actually, that would have been a GOOD thing, for all concerned! I got the thing, drove it home from CA to here, and promptly sold it to the first person I could find who'd buy it.

It was so huge that the only things on the freeway bigger than we were on the way home were the 18 wheelers and motorhomes! NOT a good car, needed more repair work that it was worth, and was a gas hog. I'd wanted that car since I was a kid, and when I finally got it, I discovered how far off base a youngsters idea of "a really cool car" could be.

We had an older driver in a Caddy broadside us several years ago, the woman was probably in her late 70's or early 80's and merged into us in a double left turn lane. She just drifted over and plowed into the side of the car my daughter and I were in. Fortunately I saw her coming and we had a chance to "brace for impact".

Our car wasn't badly damaged and neither was hers....and fortunately no one was hurt. But I swear she was about to have a heart attack by the time the LEO showed up to take the PD report. She and her passenger were very shaken up, so we got out and brought them to sit in our car so that they'd calm down. When we called it in, dispatch asked us if anyone was injured and we had to get out of our car and go check on them, they were to terrified to move! We told them no, not at present, but if we called back, it would be because one of them was having a heart attack! WE were fine, THEY shouldn't have been on the road in the first place.

I can say that, simply because I no longer drive myself. Not because of any infraction or accident, simply because with some of the medical issues I have going on, it's safer for the people on the sidewalk if I stay off the road. :): Either Bill or our daughter are my drivers, and if all else fails....I take a Taxi. I'd rather do that, than have to live with the fact that I injured (or worse) someone because I was to stubborn to accept the fact that I (in my own opinion) have no business being behind the wheel of a car.

So I can feel for Mr. GT, gotta watch those "gomers", they'll get you every time you're not looking! Some drivers don't have the sense God gave a gnat!

7th Stepper

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Here lately people have been driving crazy. Some day, I'm just gonna be in a mood and plow into the person who pulls out in front of me. Don't tempt me.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Yikes, if it weren't for bad luck you just wouldn't have any. PM sent

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Some day, I'm just gonna be in a mood and plow into the person who pulls out in front of me. Don't tempt me.

I can't tell you how many times I've thought something similar.

Or to just go ahead and allow someone to hit me.

But then I realize that I not have enough money to deal with the inevitable expense from the myriad bills that would ensue. Plus, I have a wife and a very young daughter. And that whole "self preservation" thing keeps kicking in. Generally kicks in more when it involves a semi/trailer drifting out of their lane into mine.

-J-

Top Bottom