Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Few years ago had that stuff injected 2 times. Few weeks later I’m scrapping some metal. Sitting in my truck on the yard scale and the attendant comes out and asks me if I had any medical procedures lately. Long story short, I set off their gigercounter. Also learned that some scrap yards have a lot more technology than you realize.
    We had to have rad detectors at the mill.
    For about 5 years, I was one of the people calibrating them.

Had some scrap ruin some loads of steel.

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    Hum...
    What u got?
    So what are you sporting in that pic? With the seats out or down, I see you didn’t get the candy/food option for under the seats. It adds character, but could be a raccoon attractant, so good move. Yeah cg, it does seem sleek considering the whole minivan thing…. I went to a wedding in Alabama in 2017 when we got it, I was dressed for the wedding and gas station guy thought I might be a driver, for like a limo. lol. No, I wasn’t wearing one of those hats, but it was Alabama.
    Wife was flirting with getting a new vehicle, but they’re just so convenient, and get about 30mpg…

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @jedi is it a caravan rt??
    Yes it is.
    2015 grand caravan R/T edition.

Road Trip edition with the entertainment center, auxiliary power (120v outlets) in the back to connect Playstation/Xbox, leather seats, interior blue lighting, remote start (yuck).

Sadly no roof racks for luggage/kayakes. :(

Got it used (1 prior owner) who only used it from NWI to Indy to visit relative one every 3 months. Had around 28k miles all mainly highway.

Had a credit card check deal of 0% for 14 months so used that to loan myself 50% of the cost and this past month finished paying that loan off fully so never paid interest. :woot:

jedi gets around 28 to 29 mpg from nwi 2 chiraqi but then again it's just highway as well. Don't drive around nwi too much.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Yes it is.
    2015 grand caravan R/T edition.

Road Trip edition with the entertainment center, auxiliary power (120v outlets) in the back to connect Playstation/Xbox, leather seats, interior blue lighting, remote start (yuck).

Sadly no roof racks for luggage/kayakes. :(

Got it used (1 prior owner) who only used it from NWI to Indy to visit relative one every 3 months. Had around 28k miles all mainly highway.

Had a credit card check deal of 0% for 14 months so used that to loan myself 50% of the cost and this past month finished paying that loan off fully so never paid interest. :woot:

Nice I have the same exact van except a 16 (pretty sure lol) I love it we just recently got it. And all the stuff for the kids is great for road trips. And stow and go is great for me I do wish it had a roof rack. It tows the camper great though.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @CheesRat the seats were down.

Normally jedi drives with the driver side seats down middle and back row to be able to toss gear quickly in/out.

Today jedi had to drive to golfcartland to meet some horrible mod that had some purple plants he was getting rid of. :)

At the same time jedi dropped off a custom bag for said mod's daughter. It was her give for the 2020 nwi ingo/winamac youth shoot but covid hit and jedi never got to give it to her until now.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Nice I have the same exact van except a 16 (pretty sure lol) I love it we just recently got it. And all the stuff for the kids is great for road trips. And stow and go is great for me I do wish it had a roof rack. It tows the camper great though.
    Darkkevin said it is possible to install a roof rack but you run the risk of water leaking later on. :(

jedi has the Yakama torpedo luggage rack which was great one the 2005 caravan for the road trips but sadly can't use now.

Oh this one also has the towing capability and the light for thr trailer connector. Have never used that.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    A lot of Van Chit Chat going on. The last van I drove, and my last Chrysler product, was an 86 Plymouth Voyager that we bought for the shop. Sold it after the 5th transmission replacement. In Chrysler's defense, they did replace it under warranty even after the warranty was up. From a business viewpoint, seems it would have been less expensive to just fix the problem.

Before that, my only experience with vans included black lights, shag carpet and heavy metal posters. But those days are a little foggy now. I may be getting old.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Since no one asked I have a 2013 Dodge Ram CV1500 Tradesmsn, which is a converted Grand Caravan, I think.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom