Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    :xmad:
    Thank you f.. a... Biden and the "green" democrats!

View attachment 292446

jedi used less electrical this month than LAST month yet the bill is still higher!

All because NIPSCO did a price increase to use "green" energy and start to decommission the coal power plant.

Ugh...

Well, yes.
    I've told everyone that solar and wind have their place, but per kWh are more expensive.
    Then I ask if they want their NIPSCO bill to go up.
    And then they just look confused.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Nipsco closed Bailey several years ago. They got fined major $$$$ for emissions then made it look good by telling everyone about the land they donated to a nature preserve of some type. The donated land was part of their settlement. The outflow of hot water from the steam turbines temporarily got the salmon, etc in but it was bad for the fish overall. Hell, they barely kept up with the maintenance. They had a planned shutdown of unit 8 when I worked there in 2016 and cheaped out doing a half assed job. They could not keep that thing running. They said it was past design useful life but skipping maintenance wasn't good.

They spent major $$$$$ having GE doing a complete turbine overhaul at Dean H Mitchell station in the early 2000's not long before they shut it down.

Their rates are based upon costs so what do they do? They will intentionally raise costs needlessly in order to get a rate increase and once they get a rate increase they cut, cut, cut.

When I was in the garage we were in charge of getting parts with a company CC. All of a sudden we had to call some bogus company to get parts because, as I believe they were going for a rate case. Bogus company got the parts from the same places we did ourselves and charged some insane amount over and above.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Well, yes.
    I've told everyone that solar and wind have their place, but per kWh are more expensive.
    Then I ask if they want their NIPSCO bill to go up.
    And then they just look confused.
    That's cause no one listen to ooollllddd folks like u. :p

U better be laying down and taking it easy.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    The roped off gas station I drove past a few days ago. One rumor suspected it was over a lot lizard.

"Man charged with three felonies in connection with shooting in Washington Township

A 70-year-old Anderson, Ind., man has been charged with three felonies in connection with a shooting in Washington Township, outside the Pilot Travel Center at 4105 E. U.S. Highway 30, on Tuesday, Aug. 8.

The man was charged with intimidation, a Level 5 felony punishable by a term of one to six years; criminal recklessness, a Level 6 felony punishable by a term of six to 30 months; and pointing a firearm, also a Level 6 felony.

According to the probable cause affidavit filed by the Porter County Sheriff’s Police, the suspect and another man were arguing in the Pilot Travel Center’s parking lot when the other man began to strike the suspect’s vehicle with a baseball bat, hitting the suspect’s arm in the process.

“An independent witness confirmed seeing (the suspect’s) vehicle and arm struck by a bat,” the PCSP.

The suspect then produced a firearm, a Smith & Wesson M&P .40 semiautomatic pistol, “causing (the other man) to flee,” the PCSP said. The suspect “chased after” the other man and “fired approximately three shots from the firearm. (The other man) was struck by bullets and was injured.”

No further information on the incident was available."

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The roped off gas station I drove past a few days ago. One rumor suspected it was over a lot lizard.

"Man charged with three felonies in connection with shooting in Washington Township

A 70-year-old Anderson, Ind., man has been charged with three felonies in connection with a shooting in Washington Township, outside the Pilot Travel Center at 4105 E. U.S. Highway 30, on Tuesday, Aug. 8.

The man was charged with intimidation, a Level 5 felony punishable by a term of one to six years; criminal recklessness, a Level 6 felony punishable by a term of six to 30 months; and pointing a firearm, also a Level 6 felony.

According to the probable cause affidavit filed by the Porter County Sheriff’s Police, the suspect and another man were arguing in the Pilot Travel Center’s parking lot when the other man began to strike the suspect’s vehicle with a baseball bat, hitting the suspect’s arm in the process.

“An independent witness confirmed seeing (the suspect’s) vehicle and arm struck by a bat,” the PCSP.

The suspect then produced a firearm, a Smith & Wesson M&P .40 semiautomatic pistol, “causing (the other man) to flee,” the PCSP said. The suspect “chased after” the other man and “fired approximately three shots from the firearm. (The other man) was struck by bullets and was injured.”

No further information on the incident was available."
    suspect's arm struck by a baseball bat?
    How is this not "self defense".

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Born in 1905, my dad drove nothing but manual transmission cars and trucks for decades. Everything from Model T's on up. When he retired in the 60's my sister bought him a new car with an automatic transmission. It was hilarious, he would just get going down the road about 20 mph and he would SLAM on the brakes with his left foot to shift.
    Been there and done it. Had a part time job driving a truck with a clutch and went back to work on Monday pushing my left foot to the floor for the clutch and the work truck is automatic trans. My current pickup truck is the first automatic vehicle (2007) for me and have been driving manual since learning to drive stick when I was 15 years old.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    suspect's arm struck by a baseball bat?
    How is this not "self defense".
    Because the deadly threath was over.
    The guy with bat had run away after seeing the gun.

The charge of intimidation is bogus and jedi would not go for. That de-escalated the beating.

His fault was going after and shooting the guy running away.

Had he pulled it out and shot right away that jedi would say is self defense as thr bat guy was beating him at that time.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Because the deadly threath was over.
    The guy with bat had run away after seeing the gun.

The charge of intimidation is bogus and jedi would not go for. That de-escalated the beating.

His fault was going after and shooting the guy running away.

Had he pulled it out and shot right away that jedi would say is self defense as thr bat guy was beating him at that time.

Agreed. Can’t let feelings get involved it is a shield not a sword.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Had a friend stop by the jerk restaurant in Merrillville tonight (the old Pizza Hut building near Merrillville rd on 30) full pat down before they let you enter! He doesn’t carry but was caught off guard when security started searching him. That’s insane, there’s no way in hell I’m getting patted down at a restaurant.

Had to look, it’s called jerk n go

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Wow anyone see that meteor shower this morning ? Pretty spectacular.

Had a friend stop by the jerk restaurant in Merrillville tonight (the old Pizza Hut building near Merrillville rd on 30) full pat down before they let you enter! He doesn’t carry but was caught off guard when security started searching him. That’s insane, there’s no way in hell I’m getting patted down at a restaurant.

Had to look, it’s called jerk n go

You know I agree with you I would NEVER agree to that. I just hate that they think they can stop crime and bad guys…. A person with ill intentions isn’t going to agree to be pat down then what does the (im assuming unarmed but at the least unprepared) security guard do when a bad guy wants in the building and a bunch of helpless sheep are at the tables…..?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom