• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    What's the autism diagnosis rate up to now? Like 1 out of 57 boys will become autistic? And rising?

I didn't think rare genetic disorders could multiply every year.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What's the autism diagnosis rate up to now? Like 1 out of 57 boys will become autistic? And rising?

I didn't think rare genetic disorders could multiply every year.

It can if you didn't diagnose it before. Autism isn't as easy as webbed toes to diagnose either.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    What evidence would satisfy your requirement of proof?

She took the shot, she started seizing immediately. It was an observable reaction. She never had a seizure before that moment.

The drug sales rep said it should be brushed off as a reaction to her breakfast.

There are numerous other accounts of similar reactions, even including paralysis and death.

Of course not. Its like Russian Roulette.

Would you ask, "Does every person exposed to this carcinogen develop cancer?"

Ever heard of SIDS?

You give non-logical responses and wonder why people think you're crackers. You said in response to 88GT that it could not have been her personal sensitivity to the contents of the shot, but then admit that no, not everyone would react the same way, suggesting that personal sensitivity or an allergic reaction IS or MAY BE involved and get angry that the question was asked. And yes, there is genetic sensitivity involved with carcinogens and who develops cancer and who does not.

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    Because if the population, on a whole, isn't vaccinated the disease is never wiped out. Therefore the vaccinations must continue.

Plus, there's the impact on the health community - in terms of need to help those that never got vaccinated and now have contracted a horrible disease that they could have avoided.

But worst of all, a kid with whooping cough, or some other commonly vaccinated disease is on the playground / daycare / Starbucks / Airplane / etc. with my infant who is too young for vaccinations. Now my infant contracts the disease and dies. There, are you happy? Your irrational fear kills a baby.

This could be the most ignorant, asinine rant I've ever read. I ask a question and this (edited) says my irrational fear (of which he knows absolutely nothing) kills a baby?

(Further editing)

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    This could be the most ignorant, asinine rant I've ever read. I ask a question and this (edited) says my irrational fear (of which he knows absolutely nothing) kills a baby?

(Further editing)

Should have kept editing. His post was far from ignorant or irrational.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    That this would even be defended is disturbing...

Let's look at it then. He says that we have to keep vaccinating if we do not completely wipe out the disease (as we did smallpox). How is this irrational. It is completely logical. It is what has occurred. We no longer vaccinate for smallpox because it was wiped out through mass vaccinations.

He says that the medical industry is impacted by people getting sick that were not vaccinated. Once again there is no doubt that hospitals and/or medical professionals in a community have been impacted when large groups of people that were not vaccinated for measles or whooping cough come down with it. It has happened. So once again hardly an irrational statement.

Then he points out that he would be upset if his infant caught one of the communicable diseases that are vaccinated for by exposure to your kid that was not vaccinated but should have been and is carrying the disease. How can you dispute that. So nothing irrational in anything he said.

Sorry but your post is the irrational type of thinking that is giving rise to this pseudoscience.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    You said in response to 88GT that it could not have been her personal sensitivity to the contents of the shot, but then admit that no, not everyone would react the same way, suggesting that personal sensitivity or an allergic reaction IS or MAY BE involved and get angry that the question was asked.

I don't buy the premise that all these drug reactions are because of "allergies." That's a lie perpetuated by the drug industry in order to shift blame away from the chemical additives and back onto the victim's own body. An allergy is predictable.

Aluminum compounds, Thimerosol, formaldehyde, and other compounds are not "allergens," they are known neurotoxins. People getting brain damage and seizures are not victims of an "allergic reaction."

The truth is that anyone could have a serious reaction to vaccines based only on luck. A roll of the dice. If my sister were "allergic" to the crap in the vaccines, she would have known about it well before she reached adulthood when she had her seizure. It would be a predictable phenomenon, yet there were no similar incidents any time during her childhood, when she was fully-vaccinated. Only by sheer bad luck did that final shot disrupt her nervous system and give her a seizure. I have no doubt in my mind that it could happen to you or me.

Allergy defined:
    An allergy is a hypersensitivity disorder of the immune system. Allergic reactions occur when a person's immune system reacts to normally harmless substances in the environment. A substance that causes a reaction is called an allergen. These reactions are acquired, predictable, and rapid.

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Well, it's nice of her to show us her scientific credentials, yet again.

I wonder if she will reveal the secret of her cure to Autism.

Read about it if you want. More than a few people have said their autistic child improved after giving them an adjusted diet. If a drug could help someone, so can proper nutrition.

It can't be patented in pill form so I'm sure you'll continue to mock.

The Autism Diet - Dietary Treatment of Autistic Children

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Read about it if you want. More than a few people have said their autistic child improved after giving them an adjusted diet. If a drug could help someone, so can proper nutrition.

It can't be patented in pill form so I'm sure you'll continue to mock.

The Autism Diet - Dietary Treatment of Autistic Children

So the magical cure diet is just a gluten free meal plan? Talk about uneventful...yeesh. I need super-foods for maximum entertainment. GarliC+ or some Hogwarts extract.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Except Jenny McCarthy now says that her son did not have Autism but another condition. Oh, and Jenny also says that MMR did not cause her son's Autism.

The one-time leader of the anti-vax movement is famous because she takes her clothes off and has not read a science book since 7th grade. When it comes to science, I'll go with science over a chick from Playboy . . . almost any day.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I read the article and wasn't impressed since it wasn't, in any sense that I could tell, objective in its reporting. One look at the byline of the author tells you what his agenda is.

My sister has four children, #2 and #4 are autistic. The onset occurred after multiple vaccinations. My sister, who works in the medical field, is convinced that the multiple vaccinations played a role.

I have a nephew who, while in Basic Training, received something on the order of 16 vaccinations at once. Later he had to be hospitalized, and a month or two later he was diagnosed with Type II Diabetes; his pancreas was no longer functioning. Although the Army denied any fault, it is likely he developed diabetes as a result of the multiple vaccinations; his twin brother has no symptoms and it doesn't run in either side of his family.

I don't know what it is about vaccinations that ends up being toxic, but SOMETHING happens on occasion and it would be good to know what that something is. Fortunately, I'm at an age where I don't have to worry too much about normal vaccinations, but I'm going to be leery of anyone who wants to include me in a blanket immunization for just about anything.

CountryBoy1981

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    When I was in grade school, I did not know a single autistic child nor can I recall any of my fellow classmates exhibiting any of the symptoms of autism. Now if you went into a few classrooms, it would be hard not to find some child exhibiting the symptoms. Something is causing a rise in autism and the cause happens within the first few years of a child's life. I do not necessarily believe that vaccinations are the cause, but there are only a limited number of environmental factors that have changed since I grew up that could be the cause.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    When I was in grade school, I did not know a single autistic child nor can I recall any of my fellow classmates exhibiting any of the symptoms of autism. Now if you went into a few classrooms, it would be hard not to find some child exhibiting the symptoms. Something is causing a rise in autism and the cause happens within the first few years of a child's life. I do not necessarily believe that vaccinations are the cause, but there are only a limited number of environmental factors that have changed since I grew up that could be the cause.

There have also been changes to the composition of food (real food to processed...things...) and the process of diagnosing autism and other mental diseases. We didn't use to have every kid proscribed medicine for ADHD either but then we started handing out pills to every kid with an ounce of energy in his body.

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    Let's look at it then. He says that we have to keep vaccinating if we do not completely wipe out the disease (as we did smallpox). How is this irrational. It is completely logical. It is what has occurred. We no longer vaccinate for smallpox because it was wiped out through mass vaccinations.

He says that the medical industry is impacted by people getting sick that were not vaccinated. Once again there is no doubt that hospitals and/or medical professionals in a community have been impacted when large groups of people that were not vaccinated for measles or whooping cough come down with it. It has happened. So once again hardly an irrational statement.

Then he points out that he would be upset if his infant caught one of the communicable diseases that are vaccinated for by exposure to your kid that was not vaccinated but should have been and is carrying the disease. How can you dispute that. So nothing irrational in anything he said.

Sorry but your post is the irrational type of thinking that is giving rise to this pseudoscience.

You are commenting about my post, about which you know not a thing! As usual, you have made gross assumptions.

My incredulity comes from my asking a question, which lead to a post stating my 'irrational fear' has 'caused' a child's death. I have stated no fears (rational,or irrational) about this topic whatsoever.

My irrational thinking is giving rise to pseudoscience? My power knows no bounds... WTF?

I will not comment on any more of your ignorant posts...and I have no further interest in addressing your assumptions.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

Actually, lots changed, food sourcing and the chemical herbicides and insecticides commonly used. Antibiotics and other chemicals are now in the food supply in greater concentrations. Lots changed. Maybe immunizations are a factor, maybe not, but I have not any rational science based links shown on here. Anecdotes are not rational science based links.

CountryBoy1981

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Actually, lots changed, food sourcing and the chemical herbicides and insecticides commonly used. Antibiotics and other chemicals are now in the food supply in greater concentrations. Lots changed. Maybe immunizations are a factor, maybe not, but I have not any rational science based links shown on here. Anecdotes are not rational science based links.

Those are some of the other things that could be the culprit and also genetically modified food. Anyone of these could be the cause. As to vaccinations, why does the pro-vaccine want to force the non-vaccination crowd into getting vaccines? Some schools will not allow children to attend if they have not been vaccinated. I have been vaccinated and have had no adverse reactions, but what about the children that do have reactions/autism (if it is the culprit)/death to vaccines. Why does the pro-vaccine crowd want to force everyone to be vaccinated? Is it because they believe it is for the greater good that they are willing to accept the casualties of the children with reactions/death to vaccinations?

In a response to a previous poster: Unlike ADHD, the symptoms of autism were not exhibited by any of my classmates in grade school. I know there is an autism spectrum, but even if some were in the aspergers spectrum, where were the ones in the more severe spectrum of autism? My experience could be anecdotal and not one of general applicability, but from my personal experience I don't believe that the rise can be due to better diagnosing it better; autism is occurring more often in children these days.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I don't buy the premise that all these drug reactions are because of "allergies." That's a lie perpetuated by the drug industry in order to shift blame away from the chemical additives and back onto the victim's own body. An allergy is predictable.

Allergies or a personal sensitivity.

The truth is that anyone could have a serious reaction to vaccines based only on luck.
    But everyone doesn't, that's the point. Almost everyone doesn't. Reactions happen at the asymptotes.

A roll of the dice. If my sister were "allergic" to the crap in the vaccines, she would have known about it well before she reached adulthood when she had her seizure.
    Not necessarily, sensitivity can be acquired. A first bee sting may show no reaction but a subsequent sting show an anaphylactic reaction.

It would be a predictable phenomenon, yet there were no similar incidents any time during her childhood, when she was fully-vaccinated. Only by sheer bad luck did that final shot disrupt her nervous system and give her a seizure. I have no doubt in my mind that it could happen to you or me.
    Allergy defined:
    An allergy is a hypersensitivity disorder of the immune system. Allergic reactions occur when a person's immune system reacts to normally harmless substances in the environment. A substance that causes a reaction is called an allergen. These reactions are acquired, predictable, and rapid.
    Acquired, a sensitivity develops. Predictable, after a sensitivity develops the reactions to the allergen will be mostly the same in intensity. Normally harmless, does not adversely affect the great majority of the population. The probability of the threat of the disease in an unvaccinated population is much greater than the probability that any one individual will suffer an adverse reaction to the vaccine.

Top Bottom