• Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Nobel laureate joins anti-vaccination crowd at Autism One - Forbes

A Nobel Laureate has joined the anti-vaccine crowd... unfortunately he is also babbling about molecules teleporting from test tube to test tube. The lunatic fringe sadly has a new member. Be sure to read page 2 of the story.

A look at the presentations reveals that rather than presenting “the truth,” one speaker after another is making unsupported, unscientific claims and then offering their own special therapy. The one thing that most of these presentations have in common is that the speaker is making money from selling their so-called treatments. For example, Anat Baniel offers her self-named “Anat Baniel method” and is promoting it through ads in the conference program. Other speakers are offering special diets, hyperbaric oxygen therapy, and in perhaps the most damaging treatment, Mark and David Geier’s chemical castration therapy. Mark Blaxill is there, still pushing the thoroughly disproven link between mercury and autism, and hawking his book on the topic.

This is the saddest part to me. These charlatans are all trying to make a buck off these poor desperate deluded people.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Nobel laureate joins anti-vaccination crowd at Autism One - Forbes

A Nobel Laureate has joined the anti-vaccine crowd... unfortunately he is also babbling about molecules teleporting from test tube to test tube. The lunatic fringe sadly has a new member. Be sure to read page 2 of the story.

This is the saddest part to me. These charlatans are all trying to make a buck off these poor desperate deluded people.

If the government wants me to have it done to me, really... REALLY badly..........

I'll pass.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Yawn. Go get your shots and wash them down with some fluoride water. Leave me alone and spare me the collectivist arguments.

I see Kirk has wasted no time bringing up celebrities to bash.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    You have to admit, it is likely a deficiency of patented compounds that makes most folks sick.

It is a proven fact that organic food has a higher frequency of deadly bacteria such as e. coli, botulism, etc. This is due to the use of raw manures on the crops in the place of chemical fertilizers. I use some manure occasionally but it is composted and I wash the produce very well.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I see Kirk has wasted no time bringing up celebrities to bash.

Did you read the article? Obviously not because guess you is front and center in the article? That's right, the face of the anti-vax movement, Ms. Jenny "I cured Autism" McCarthy.

There's your science, ram.

Also, don't eat organic food.

Organic foods carries many risks, especially when its advocates do not even know what nightsoil is.

What does reason have to do with anything posted on INGO?

Reason and science? On INGO?:laugh:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Kirk saw many people die in the Republic of South Africa who died of AIDS at the hands of magic food advocates.

And the American Educational Industry is turning out a population that knows nothing of science or logic. They are primed to be bamboozled by every snake oil salesman that comes along.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    And the American Educational Industry is turning out a population that knows nothing of science or logic. They are primed to be bamboozled by every snake oil salesman that comes along.

How many booster shots do I need for the snake oil to be effective?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011

They are also primed to take sides between two snake oil salesmen selling the opposite products, no disrespect intended. Just because these folks are fools and liars doesn't mean that the concept itself (anti-vaccination) is incorrect. It merely weakens the cause with ignorant drivel.

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    Every time this topic comes up I wonder why those that believe in the benefits of vaccines can get theirs; feeling secure in the fact that they will be protected from those of us who do not wish to be vaccinated and as a result put ourselves at 'risk.' Isn't this natural selection at work?

Why must force and the rule of law be applied?

Top Bottom