No off-topic comments in classified-THANK YOU!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    So I guess I never appreciated how tight the mods run the classifieds here until I started looking at some of the facebook gun sale sites. Good God, it is nothing but internet cowboys trying to show off. Non stop arguing , devolving into insults, devolving into threats...it is unreal. They say you don't know what you have until it's gone, but just seeing how it could be makes me realize ingo is doing something right that I never really noticed. So thanks!

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I thought you were going to b**** about something that was said here.

Totally agreed. Facebook groups can be a joke. But I guess whoever creates the group makes the rules. One of the things that pisses me off more than anything is how someone in a "guns for sale" group will post a pic of a sweet gun and then say "just showing off my new xxxxx, ain't it purdy?" Of course, the totally off-topic BS is annoying too.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Most of the fb gun sale groups I have been in had pretty much the same post time after time. "Looking for a hi point pistol, need it tonight".

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I came across aan armslist ad recently where the seller remarked that the gun was a 'clean piece' lol. Not sure what he meant but I have a good idea although the useage seems a bit archaic.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    On FB, if they aren't in the ad *****ing, then they are posting other threads whining about price of this or that. One admin even outlawed the sale of .22 ammo period to put a stop to it.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    It's the fact that we don't comment on sales here that keeps me from doing it on other sites. I've never seen so many people trying to sell basic ARs with a light for $1,500 and Glocks with "an extra mag" for $550! Man, when I see that I want to post something, but I guess when you learn how to act at home you can behave when outside of the house.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I incurred some mods wrath a week ago by posting on a sale that the seller could make more money by parting the item out. It's a harsh world. :rules:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    50 post rule becomes even more clear. Helps keep this place from become a zoo...... well, in the classifieds at least......

Top Bottom