• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The two Bill Gates (Sr. & Jr.) are doing their best to get a statewide income tax passed in Washington state. A tax that will target those who make more than 200K a year and have higher rates for those who make more. Not only will these taxes be bad for the individuals, they'll be bad for the state, as well. I just can't support people who want to steal from the productive classes. So, no Microsoft products for me and mine, (not that I bought many anyway). I'll gladly pay more for a Mac or less for Linux. I'll not give any money to support people like the Gates'.

Arthur Laffer: The Bill Gates Income Tax - WSJ.com

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Why am I not surprised
    images

BillGatesDEVIL.gif

Note this is being posted on my Mac running Slackware Linux which is set up as a dual boot.

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I bought an HP computer, and quickly transformed it over to Linux. Although my linux functions similair to Mac, except I only spent 400$ instead of 1200 for a brand new laptop. Linux is the best in my EXTREMELY biased opinion.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Funny thing about the rich. Once they get there, they want to make sure no one else hase the opportunity to get rich too. That's why they always want an income tax as opposed to a wealth tax. A wealth tax would take their stuff. An income tax prevents others from attaining their status.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Bill is more insterested in giving his fortune to 3rd world countries than helping cure any of the problems we have here in the land that made him rich.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    I'm still running on Windows ME, and have no intention on ever upgrading.

One time, I sent in two Microsoft Mice in for a warranty claim, and only received one in return. And, it was junk.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    I am a recent MAC convert, it started with my iPad, then moved to a new iMac and I am going to buy the new AppleTV when it is finally released. I absolutly love the MAC, it is so much easer to use than the PC. Plus I get all Microsoft software free from work as a employee of the Commonwealth of Kentucky, and that also includes the MAC version of MS Office with is all I need.

INGunGuy

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I am a recent MAC convert, it started with my iPad, then moved to a new iMac and I am going to buy the new AppleTV when it is finally released. I absolutly love the MAC, it is so much easer to use than the PC. Plus I get all Microsoft software free from work as a employee of the Commonwealth of Kentucky, and that also includes the MAC version of MS Office with is all I need.

INGunGuy
    You can download Open Office free. It does everything that Orifice does and it's open source.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Some of the software I use at work to interface with fire alarm panels, Digital mixer boards, and ect will not function on a mac or linux. Windows based machines only.

That said my home pc's are a mix or XP, linux and mac. My wife is used to XP so thats what she used ( We are running safari or explorer) my daughter loves her Ipod touch and wants an I mac and an I pad. I have an old mac running and use it for graphics package based on mac OS. Been running fine since 1998 when I inherited it when the guy (Upgraded) to win 98.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Can you run IE on a mac computer?

The website I absolutely cannot live without for my business will not operate on any other web browser. It is the one thing keeping me from going Mac when I get the new computer.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Can you run IE on a mac computer?

The website I absolutely cannot live without for my business will not operate on any other web browser. It is the one thing keeping me from going Mac when I get the new computer.
    Nope. And I'm glad you can't. IE is not a secure browser and sites that require it are not W3C compliant, in most cases. There is a solution, tho. You can use something like Boot Camp or Parallels and run Windows (with IE) on a Mac. That's the easier solution if IE is a must have.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    You guys are funny.........I can understand bashing Microsoft......makes total sense. But you have to admit, Apple is like liberal Kool-Aide. So with the OP argument, I would put them in the same category. Apple is just better at protecting their product development and marketing.........making them able to charge a fortune for their merchandise. Supporting an open source OS is one thing, but calling Mac's the answer is just an oxy moron IMO.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Nope. And I'm glad you can't. IE is not a secure browser and sites that require it are not W3C compliant, in most cases. There is a solution, tho. You can use something like Boot Camp or Parallels and run Windows (with IE) on a Mac. That's the easier solution if IE is a must have.

In layman's terms, what is Boot Camp? Parallels? (Or W3C for that matter?)

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    I don't see Steve Jobs supporting an initiative to raise taxes on a segment of society. The Gates on the other hand, are doing just that. Did you bother to read the linked article?

Just off the top of my head, I seem to recall a certain man by the name of Al Gore being on the Apple Board of Directors. I also know that Job's wife funneled some cash through the Obama campaign.

Honestly, it seems like you are being a typical Apple fanboy.

Like I said, I am fine with bashing Microsoft for their political affiliations, but using Apple as the answer is just illogical.:twocents:

Top Bottom