• ...and so much more!
  • Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    red blood cells?

i think its sad that a lot here have commented more about japan than they have regarding the corrupt ATF that allowed guns to illegally go to mexico, one of which led to a dead U.S. border patrol agent.

fix things here, then maybe I will give a flying **** about japan. but while innocent kids are starving here, & Im supposed to pay for quannitta to have 8 anchor babies, and the govt oppresses our rights, no I have bigger things to worry about than a foreign country.

people can "think" or "say" anything they want about me or anyone else who just doesnt care, but fix your own faults first before you judge others.
    I understand what you are saying.
    I was thinking what do they have that we don't?
    Whatever it is; honor, sense of family, mutual cooperation... it is something that we HAD here in the US and it is now gone in many areas of the country.
    I guess I wanted to know what it is that makes the Japanese so honorable and how do we get it back.

I, personally did not comment on the FBI in Mexico thread because I had nothing to add. Everything was said in the original article. However, that does point to what we have lost. Somehow, it is OK to sell guns to Mexican cartels that they KNOW will be used against Americans, possibly on American soil. But then, even though it's OK, they feel a need to cover it up by putting the blame on some poor guy with a gun store trying to make a living.
    How far the mighty have fallen...

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    images
    See, proof that there may be some isolated looting.:)

Kveldulf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Tippecanoe County
    My :twocents:, the lack of a largely welfare population who feel they are owed freely what others work for?

That's what I was hinting at in part of my rather lengthy post on page 6, but didn't come right out and say it. Japan does have welfare in place, but the area affected does not have many people relying on it (except for the absurd amounts of old people in Japan). This factor, coupled with the complete devastation in the areas hit by the quake and tsunami, is a recipe for a lack of looting.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    I'm sorry, but many of you don't know the Japanese people, nor their culture.

Their sense of honesty, honor to one another, respect for elders, and value of family is far superior to ours. That certainly doesn't mean they don't have faults (as we all do) in other areas.

My sis-in-law is Japanese. I had the good pleasure of getting to know their family and be with them in Japan last year. I learned a lot about the arrogance of Americans and the value that their culture had - which we could learn from greatly.

Allow me to share this story:

My brother's friend was staying at a hotel in Tokyo. He left a $5 bill in his room. A year later he came back, and when he checked in - they said "Mr. XYZ, here is your $5."

Their waiters and waitresses will NOT accept tips - it is an insult to them. Why? Because they do their best whether they get tipped or not, and trying to "buy" better service with a tip implies they might not do their best without the tip reward.

It shows in the quality of the products they produce in other industries too.

Fly on a Japanese airline. Then fly an American carrier. You'll never fly American again - the service and quality is far better than the Americans' who cut corners to squeeze every nickel out of a flight for profit.

That is honesty and integrity is far superior to ours as a culture.

What I took from this thread? The Japanese have the morals of a Marine.:patriot:

Not sure how I missed this thread...probably because I was too preoccupied with watching the local news to see how bad the Fukushima meltdown was, and if it was going to make Godzilla a reality...LOL!

The above posts are spot on, especially the statement, "The Japanese have the morals of a Marine.:patriot:" .
    Some other posts...not so much.

When I was on Active Duty, we were all taught about the following incident:

Years ago, General Leonard F. Chapman Jr., the 24th Commandant, wrote to all his general officers and commanding officers referencing a letter he received from a distinguished friend. His friend had encountered a Marine Corporal in an air terminal who, by his appearance, differed from other travelers. Although others in the terminal presented a slovenly appearance, the Marine was squared away. When asked about the reason for the difference, the Corporal responded, "Marines don't do that."

The same mindset applies to Japan's culture.

Here is a video I took in the evening of March 11 of all the 'looting' in Tokyo, about 5 hours after the quake struck:

[video=youtube;JZVS4C9zAGM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZVS4C9zAGM[/video]

There was no looting in Tokyo, and almost none in the devastated areas simply for the following reason: It is not The Right Thing to Do.
    When bad things happen, most Japanese get to work finding ways to HELP each other out, not screw each other over. They don't do it because Jesus's Daddy will send them ta Hell fer their sins, or because it will please Allah, or Buddha, or The Flying Spaghetti Monster in all His Noodly Goodness...they simply do the right thing because it IS The Right Thing to Do. What a concept.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    “The true science of martial arts means practicing them in such a way that they will be useful at any time, and to teach them in such a way that they will be useful in all things.” - Miyamoto Musashi :yesway:

ETA: Approval of your sig line

Last edited:

bigbore

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Indy S Side
    There was no looting in Tokyo, and almost none in the devastated areas simply for the following reason: It is not The Right Thing to Do.
    When bad things happen, most Japanese get to work finding ways to HELP each other out, not screw each other over. They don't do it because Jesus's Daddy will send them ta Hell fer their sins, or because it will please Allah, or Buddha, or The Flying Spaghetti Monster in all His Noodly Goodness...they simply do the right thing because it IS The Right Thing to Do. What a concept.

You have to respect the Japanese for that.

Top Bottom