• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    I am planning on going to an off road event this weekend in northern IN. The off road park and campground has a "No weapons allowed" policy. It is nearly 5 hours one way and have no intention of not carrying at least on the way there and back. However I do plan to not carry while in the campground and park.
    Any suggestions? What would you do? Another park is out of the question as is another campground. I have been planning this trip for nearly a year, just noticed the policy this weekend. I am leaving wed or thur.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I would suggest picking up an inexpensive (Notice I said inexpensive, not cheap. There is a difference.) gun vault/safe/lockbox. Either permanently secure it in the trunk or temporarily install it in the trunk in a permanent fashion. Not that you are obligated to securely store the weapon in your vehicle, but it will at least give you piece of mind that it is one additional lock away from being stolen/seized.

pmpmstrb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    How does it go, better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6? Honestly I would carry deep concealed. Instead of spending money on a car safe, I would put the money towards a good deep conceal holster. I know it's kind of short notice so that might be hard to do. If you are totally against carrying then I would go the car safe route so if it is an issue you can show that you did everything you could to retain the firearm in your "possession." I'm pretty sure the park can't deny you the right to protect yourself to and from the park.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    How does it go, better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6? Honestly I would carry deep concealed. Instead of spending money on a car safe, I would put the money towards a good deep conceal holster. I know it's kind of short notice so that might be hard to do. If you are totally against carrying then I would go the car safe route so if it is an issue you can show that you did everything you could to retain the firearm in your "possession." I'm pretty sure the park can't deny you the right to protect yourself to and from the park.

Yeah, take a P3AT. If you can't conceal it, then park it. If it gets stolen you are not out that much $. If you do not have one, use it as an excuse to get one!

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    Yeah, take a P3AT. If you can't conceal it, then park it. If it gets stolen you are not out that much $. If you do not have one, use it as an excuse to get one!

I like the way you think! I may have to run it past the wife. :):

I already know what I will be doing, I was just wondering how others would react. It is good to see that most of us think alike. :thumbsup:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I like the way you think! I may have to run it past the wife. :):

I already know what I will be doing, I was just wondering how others would react. It is good to see that most of us think alike. :thumbsup:

Remember the gunowner motto: "There's always a good reason to buy another gun."

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Concealed means concealed.

Thats all I have to say about that.

:+1:, and since your going offroading just make sure you have a good holster that you can secure it in, and you might even think about a inside the pants holster, and like a couple of others said a small pocket gun is always nice to have for those times that you just can't carry a larger gun.

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    I usually carry the XD in a Tennesee holster company IWB it is quite comfortable and secure even while wheeling.
    I doubt the wife will go for another gun so soon. I just bought an AR right before fathers day, so my gun fund has not been replenished yet.

It is odd that the web site says "no weapons" heck nearly anything could be used as a weapon. I guess I could always say "hey it didn't say anything about guns". I really don't want to cause any problems or be detected because I would hate to be "the guy who screwed it up for everyone" . However I will not be unprotected either as I would hate to become a statistic without having the means to combat it.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy

:timeout: Am I to understand that you condone storing a gun in a way that it is no big deal if it is stolen and ends up in the hands of a criminal ? :scratch:
    It's all about the money, :spend:right ??

Top Bottom