• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I know I'm probably going to start a sh*tstorm here and this has probably been discussed ad infinitum. But what is the BIG DEAL about OC? Because YOU CAN doesn't always make it a good idea. I would prefer that NOBODY knows I'm carrying.

You must have fallen through the worm hole in this thread...

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...lf_defense/71996-the_open_carry_argument.html...

and wound up posting by mistake in this one.

It happens all the time. We need to find and plug that wormhole so these guys quit posting in threads that have no relevance to their posts.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    That's an awesome story. I don't OC but I have observed several people (even a lady in a dress) at the local park who do and I'm always happy to see Americans exercising their natural rights!

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    Hmmm.....we still haven't heard why you are overclocking at Applebees, though. That's usually best done at home :P

Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Hmmm.....we still haven't heard why you are overclocking at Applebees, though. That's usually best done at home :P

How about, there comes a time in a 'concealed carrier's' experience when the CC'er grows somewhat tired of hiding their weapon to a.) avoid trouble or b.) keep from offending somebody or even c.) for the children. :D

....or even for 'all of the above'. I am a rabid and over-the-top proponent of concealed carry. There could possibly be more harm than good done to the 'rights to carry' for all by OC activist, in the long run. But I find even myself growing tired of fearing or worrying about what others may think or feel about the firearm on my hip. I find myself OC'ing more often.

Some folks are simply not as sensitive about offending others within the realms of carrying firearms and see no problem with OC. Others just don't want the hassle of being a walking "public service announcement" on behalf of firearms rights, laws, etc. and accordingly choose to conceal.

For me, carrying has been an evolutionary process that began on the furthest extreme of 'concealed carry'. I haven't quite fully evolved to the point of OC'ing in a bandolier thong yet but I will upload pics when I do arrive there. :D

Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Wow.....Overclocking and open carrying are 2 completely different things. Learn to read.

I figured you were talking about OC'ing myself, just being a bit wierd about the terminoligy. 'Overclocking' is "boosting the speed and/or power of a processor". It doesn't really fit into this conversation. Going cryptic in the middle of an ongoing conversation only makes you look like a trolling idiot.

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    I figured you were talking about OC'ing myself, just being a bit wierd about the terminoligy. 'Overclocking' is "boosting the speed and/or power of a processor". It doesn't really fit into this conversation. Going cryptic in the middle of an ongoing conversation only makes you look like a trolling idiot.

Look at the third post. I was referring to that. I just happened to jokingly bring it back up.

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    Understandable. But you pushed it well over the trolling line with "Learn to read." ....or maybe we are just completely out of phase on all this.

Lol. Trolling? If anything, it would be an equal response to being told to keep up. Besides, INGO could really use some better reading comprehension overall.

Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Lol. Trolling? If anything, it would be an equal response to being told to keep up. Besides, INGO could really use some better reading comprehension overall.

Well if you think about it, the OP is the "processor" and having his weapon on the outside ready for use if necessary, would "boost his speed".

As far as INGO's reading comprehension goes......are you volunteering to host classes? :D

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    Well if you think about it, the OP is the "processor" and having his weapon on the outside ready for use if necessary, would "boost his speed".

As far as INGO's reading comprehension goes......are you volunteering to host classes? :D

Lol, this is true and I was actually hoping he'd pick up on it and come back with something like that. I can appreciate a smart ass like that when I'm being one, too. I'll volunteer to host classes, but prices are steep. One class would net me enough to buy a Bugatti Veyron straight out :)

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Understandable. But you pushed it well over the trolling line with "Learn to read." ....or maybe we are just completely out of phase on all this.

OP seems to be given that he missed the friendly sarcasm from me. While I thought the overclocking thing was a bit over done, usually it's just best to ignore it.

OMG and how.

I will. My soon-to-be-second grader will start having a reading comprehension component to his classes next fall. That should be the point where a good portion of INGO would feel comfortable with the material and still be challenged. Everybody's welcome.

Top Bottom