• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    I am off to the 1500 indy gun show. i am looking for a SBR 10.5in with a can.

my question is how can i get a trust drawn up and who in indiana can i go to to draw up a trust for me?

xtremegunnr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Dont go with just anyone who does normal trusts. You dont want to get 5 months into the transfer and have it rejected. There are quicken trusts you could consult too and make your own.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Dont go with just anyone who does normal trusts. You dont want to get 5 months into the transfer and have it rejected. There are quicken trusts you could consult too and make your own.

"Normal" trusts... as opposed to what?

There isn't a different kind of legal instrument called an "NFA trust." It's just a trust.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN

So you wouldnt go with a lawyer, who is licensed to practice law, for fear it could be rejected, but you would let some software insert your name onto a generic trust? Please, tell me more.

xtremegunnr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    No. i had a lawyer do mine but she was familiar with this type of trust. Have to have specific information in the trust that will make it not a simple trust that you would make for your children or your spouse. The software has nfa trust information and i have friends who have used it and had things approved through this method. I have also had friends of mine get lawyers to write up trust that have gotten rejected because they were not aware that they needed specific information attached.

devil07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    East Side Indy
    Last time I looked into setting up a NFA trust, I was directed to an attorney named Ciyou. When I contacted his office, I was told he is not yet prepared/setup to do NFA trusts but would be in the future. This was in February of this year. Might be worth looking him up.

Also, anyone local to Indy that has gotten on of these, please let us know. I getting to the point again, finances, that I want to setup a trust and order some Cans and maybe a SBR or two.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    No. i had a lawyer do mine but she was familiar with this type of trust. Have to have specific information in the trust that will make it not a simple trust that you would make for your children or your spouse. The software has nfa trust information and i have friends who have used it and had things approved through this method. I have also had friends of mine get lawyers to write up trust that have gotten rejected because they were not aware that they needed specific information attached.

I would really like to hear their story then. People have gotten things approved on "Quicken" trusts, as well as traditional estate trusts. There is no specific "NFA Trust" that is required, nor is there specific language that is required. Many people do have it written with specific language, but it isn't required.

If someone has been rejected for not having specific language, then that is something that everyone should know about.

Top Bottom