Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2021
    NWI
    1st timer here.
    2 eform4's (individual)

Today is day 333...trying to remain composed, articulate and not come off as trashy but this has been pretty frustrating. Reached out to everyone probably a total of 8 times. Working with state rep now.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    i put a form 1 in back in march. haven't got it back yet. I thought things were moving faster than that. anyone else in the same boat?
    Mine was submitted 5/19 (eform1/trust) still sitting in the (submitted/In Process) category in the Eforms website. I've tried to forget about it, but going on 6th months sucks socks.

Andyland

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    Anyone can check with the source:
    ATF Current lead times

For those that like to skip to the end, here's a snapshot:
    View attachment 307837
    Those lead times are from the ATF web site, and are supposed to be the average.
    That being said, they lowered the form 4 trust average by 5 days, to 236, as my transfer went passed 300 days.
    I am at 330 now. They had the background check from the FBI more than 3 months ago, they told me so.
    I have never had a speeding ticket.
    They just aren't processing it.

Andyland

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    Those lead times are from the ATF web site, and are supposed to be the average.
    That being said, they lowered the form 4 trust average by 5 days, to 236, as my transfer went passed 300 days.
    I am at 330 now. They had the background check from the FBI more than 3 months ago, they told me so.
    I have never had a speeding ticket.
    They just aren't processing it.
    called AFT on 11/15/23
    2 in the afternoon, on hold for 60 minutes, at 61.5 minutes they answered. kinda like they automatically hold you for 60 minutes. weird.
    Be forewarned.
    So if you are going to call, you might as well have something else to do as you wait, like work on your cardio.

its pending, cant tell me anything.
    web site was updated on 11/09 for form 4 trust avg. 236 days to 225.

I asked what the worst case scenario was, she didn't know.
    I am at 337 days, transfer times have not been this bad in 23 years.
    weird

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    If you plan on calling the ATF, do it as early in the day as possible. You'll be on hold less than 5 minutes if you call before 8 our time. The later in the day, the longer you wait.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    1. NFA Item: suppressor
    2. Form Type: eForm 4
    3. Transferee Type:Trust
    4. Forms Sent: 11/10/22
    5. Pending Date: 11/10/22
    6. Approved Date: 11/17/23
    7. Forms Received: 11/17/23
    8. Transferror/Maker Letter: (first letter of Last Name or Corporation Name of Transferor for Form 4's, or of Maker (you) for Form 1's)
    9. Examiner Name: (name of NFA Examiner)*
    10. Notes: It took 372 days. I contacted Sen. Mike Braun's office around a month ago and they helped to get things moving. The ATF told us it was "researching" with NICS (they probably submitted the NICS request just before responding). A couple of weeks later they contacted the FBI for me and they told us it was "finalized". I waited a few days then emailed the ATF myself and got the approval later that day (no reply to my email).

GunsCarsPlanes

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2021
    NWI
    Have you tried contacting your rep or senator? That's how I got mine moving in the end.
    Oh yea, I got off the phone with Greg (Porter county) not long ago. I've been in contact with everyone under the sun but nothing helps. I even filled out the VAF form and had a UPIN generated haha, FBI said if I did they'd expedite things and update me every step of every stage. Of course I haven't heard anything.

Top Bottom