• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    How would anyone notice? Would anyone care?

They won't care.

No but is prevents the paper from printing up a gushy story backed by a poll supporting it. :D

Keep the poll negative and **** off the editors.

They tend to publish the poll results in the newspaper, so people will notice it. Some may care, some may not.

HOWEVER, by participating in polls like this, and by writing letters to the Editor (not posting comments to stories, but actually writing letters to be published in the paper) I can tell you, at least with this newspaper, the EDITORS DO TAKE NOTICE. During the run up to the Clinton AWB the newspaper switched from pro-AWB to neutral to mildly opposed. And as they changed positions they cited letters to the editor as the reason why.

So don't think your voice is not heard. In fact we all need to speak up louder!!! We need to be proactive.

There will be a letter published in The Times about anti-gun Pete Visclosky's Town Hall Meeting in DeMotte. It has calls Pete a liar on the gun issue and it says the people who were begging for federal $$$$ for local projects should be ashamed of themselves. Don't ask me how I know what it contains ;)

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    My comment was about the people in Gary not noticing the civil unrest, carry on..:D

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    They tend to publish the poll results in the newspaper, so people will notice it. Some may care, some may not.

HOWEVER, by participating in polls like this, and by writing letters to the Editor (not posting comments to stories, but actually writing letters to be published in the paper) I can tell you, at least with this newspaper, the EDITORS DO TAKE NOTICE. During the run up to the Clinton AWB the newspaper switched from pro-AWB to neutral to mildly opposed. And as they changed positions they cited letters to the editor as the reason why.

So don't think your voice is not heard. In fact we all need to speak up louder!!! We need to be proactive.

There will be a letter published in The Times about anti-gun Pete Visclosky's Town Hall Meeting in DeMotte. It has calls Pete a liar on the gun issue and it says the people who were begging for federal $$$$ for local projects should be ashamed of themselves. Don't ask me how I know what it contains ;)

:+1:

People speaking out--whether through polls, letters, petitions, phone calls, what have you--do have an effect. It doesn't always work The battles aren't always won (case in point, the bailouts), but even the lost battles, by the simple act of fighting them, can pay dividends down the road. Persistence pays.

"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams.

We need to be that irate, tireless minority "keen to set brush fires in people's minds."

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I am excited about Obama's election. See, excited can encompass many different emotions. Unfortunately, the poll did not give me the option to substitute the word "disgusted" or "angry", "frustrated" or "worried for the fate of my country", hence, I have not responded.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom