• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SnakeDoctor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    Noblesville, IN
    I wanted to go to the show but was worried about purchasing from a reputable dealer. Is there some sort of check a person goes through to get a booth so that you can be confident in your purchase? Are purchases done on a cash only basis, or can you use a Credit/Debit card? Is ammo also sold at these shows? Thanks!

:patriot:

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    I can go in and setup a table for a fee of like $125. There is no check on reputation. Only thing they do is usually check FFL licensing and that kinda of stuff. But other then that ANYONE can get a booth.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    A) Anyone can get a table.
    B) If you are worried, buy from a licensed dealer. Lots of very reputable shops are at the show. They tend to have the larger set-ups.
    C) Cash is king, but the larger shops will accept checks and credit/debit cards.
    D) Yes, ammo will be there. Some reloads, some factory, and some surplus.

SnakeDoctor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    Noblesville, IN
    Thanks for the responses. I'm glad to know how everything works. Does anyone know if there are different preparedness booths, food storage, or anything else like that as well or is it strictly guns?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Everything! MRE's, buckets of food, guns, knives, holsters, safes, fudge, purses, KKK badges, helicopter motors, Mastadon teeth, reloading Equiptment, ammo, water purification systems, books, para cord, taxidermy, knife sharpeners, t shirts, bumper stickers, blow guns, .... Oh and the Glock Doc! LOL!

Joq867

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Brooksville
    Everything! MRE's, buckets of food, guns, knives, holsters, safes, fudge, purses, KKK badges, helicopter motors, Mastadon teeth, reloading Equiptment, ammo, water purification systems, books, para cord, taxidermy, knife sharpeners, t shirts, bumper stickers, blow guns, .... Oh and the Glock Doc! LOL!

I heard Glock Doc can't get malpractice insurance any more.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    Some vendors take cash only and some take cash & credit card.
    they usually have ammo, but i havent seen much good prices since last year. There was 1 vender that did have some good prices on some military surplus ammo, but I cant remember who it was.

there are some good vendors there. But if I were you, i would head straight to ZX guns. They have fantastic customers service and I doubt you will find a better price. But be for warned about some other dealers as they will be higher than you LGS. Just saying

Jimb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    Cicero
    Very good show to check out......not sure the prices are all that great, considering you do have to buy a ticket to get into the place, but can't imagine not finding what you are looking for.

Colts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City

"Egg-zakly"

A whole lot of awesomeness (the good, the bad and the ugly!). :):

Everything you might want or need; not necessarily the best prices but some are very good and an occasional a steal (if you work hard). :cool:

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Seems like most every vendor has a card scanner that hooks up to either a laptop or a cell phone, it's been a while since i've run into someone that didn't take a card. That said, a lot of them have minimum purchase amounts to use them. Tried to get a single box of ammo, and was under the $25 minimum. Gave me a good excuse to get 2 boxes :ar15:

nickatnight

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Shelbyville
    1. Anyone can rent a booth. Vendors sell anything from military surplus to food to flashlight. Companies that sell firearms will perform background checks. Private sellers are not required to perform background checks. If you want to go through a background check, look for booths with long lines and paperwork.
    2. Some booths will accept cards, an zd some will only accept cash.

jackofspades

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2013
    Fishers/Noblesville
    Excited to check out the one in august...been a couple years since I have been. However, I know the last time I bought a handgun there I paid with a credit card. I don't believe they charged any extra fee or anything because of that. I can't speak to the reputability of the dealer, but I do know that there were several bigger shops/reputable dealers there. However there are several shops there, as can be seen in this post, it doesn't take much to be able to open a booth at the show. Hope this helps.

The Wamp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Martinsville

Well good, I have been looking for a mastadon tooth

dswanso1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Fishers
    My first indy 1500 gun and knife show was this last one in May. I too was a little intimidated, but it was really a great show with a lot of reputeable dealers. I walked it for 4 hours and would have stayed longer if I could. One tip, go early, it gets crowded as the day goes. One more tip, many vendors take credit, but you get better deals with cash in most instances. Good luck and enjoy!!

seamonster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2013
    I tried to go to the last show (my first), stood in line for 2 hours and still never got in. Guess I will have to be in line before opening.

jjacobs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indy S./Bloomington
    Just as everyone else has mentioned, ANYONE can set up a table. My advice is to either buy from a repuatble dealer and pay slightly more... or go with a buddy that has experience.

Top Bottom