• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PurdueGunLover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Delphi
    I just posted a threat about a 9mm gun the I might carry. However I know that my griends of mine carry a "mouse gun for daily conceled carry. I want to have a pocket gun at all time that is accurate and afford able I don't always want to have to worry about a large gun the I have to hide. I am new atthis and could use feed back. thanks

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have a Keltec P32 that I love! Never leave home without it:D There is also the Keltec P3AT, Taurus TCP, and the Rucer LCP chambered in .380

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Ruger LCP. I posted a thread a couple of days ago about traveling with it in my pocket to Florida. Great little gun for only about $320!

PurdueGunLover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Delphi
    Thanks for the feed back. I would want a gun that I could carry I could carry in my front pocket with a pocket holster. What do you think? I priced a new 21a for $280 today. Since these all of these guns would have alot of use is it recommended for stainless steel? I would like a gun that I could get a head shot in at 10 yrd. Will these guns do that?

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    It's always a trade off; but with any model ask your self is this a gun I can hit well with and I would want in a crisis situation?

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    I personally recommend an ultra lite-weight 38sp revolver, like the taurus 85ul (if you need to save money) or the ruger lcr. And then get an appropriate pocket holster.

Now this won't work for ya if you're one of them gender-challenged skateboard boys who wear tight girl pants... :D

edit: I guess if you were you probably wouldn't have bothered with this forum.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    For me personally, the .380ACP is the minimum self-defense caliber that I would ever consider. With that in mind, I highly recommend the Ruger LCP.

Most dealers now sell the LCP for under $300, and at that price there should be one in every pocket. Hmmm... That should be my campaign platform if I ever run for office. ;)

Behold! The tiny 9.4oz death dealer...
    deadmanslcplarge.jpg

buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Dido on the .380acp.....bought my 80yr. old father one last year, easy to handle and from bout 10 feet will do the job..also recommend the Ruger lcp..great gun for the money.

Siderite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    The small gun you have with you is better than the big gun you leave at home.

With that said, make sure you are willing to practice with the small gun, because the light, polymer 380Autos tend to pack quite a hand-abusing recoil.

As far as the 10-yard headshot, most of these guns will do that, but the shooter tends to be the limiting factor. Take a class and practice frequently.

jtemple42000

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Granger
    My dad has a Keltec p3at, nice gun, to freaking small for my hands. I bought a Bersa Thunder .380. Its a little bigger than the Keltec, but it shoots a lot better and still fits in my pocket. I usually only carry it when it starts getting to hot to wear one of my Sigs IWB. Plus, I think I paid just under $200 for it and have never had a single failure.

PurdueGunLover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Delphi
    Thanks for the info. I think you have changed my mind from a .22 . I just really want a gun that I can affordable put rounds through. I shoot 2 boxes a week. I am assuming 380 is about the same cost as a 9mm. I was talking to a gun dealer across the state about a pocket pistol. He said he might be willing to trade a used Keltec straight up for a model 1894 Winchester .30-.30. I don't know how much the 30/30 is worth. I have only fired a box of ammo (like new) because it is just too expensive to shoot. is this a good deal?

PurdueGunLover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Delphi
    I was planning of using a pocket holster. Does the Bersa have problem with that because of the mag. ext or any other issues to draw from your pocket?

PurdueGunLover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Delphi
    Any thoughs

Thanks for the info. I think you have changed my mind from a .22 . I just really want a gun that I can affordable put rounds through. I shoot 2 boxes a week. I am assuming 380 is about the same cost as a 9mm. I was talking to a gun dealer across the state about a pocket pistol. He said he might be willing to trade a used Keltec straight up for a model 1894 Winchester .30-.30. I don't know how much the 30/30 is worth. I have only fired a box of ammo (like new) because it is just too expensive to shoot. is this a good deal?

I could really use your advice, you will not hurt my felings if you think that the gub isn't worth much I am just trying to ball park it. I could always keep it. I hate parting with my guns.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I don't think its a good trade. If it was me I would try to sell the Winchester, then go gun shopping with the cash.

.380 is more expensive than 9mm. There are a ton of small 9mm carry guns out there. Take a look around and see what there is to offer.

Good luck to you.

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    I have found lately that the .380 is harder to find ammo for also. When you do find it it is deffinately more expensive. I went to 2 gun shops and wally world today and only one shop had .380 and it was the $1.50 per round good stuff.

Top Bottom