• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I agree with what some others have said. If 7 rounds are good enough for every other citizen in New York, then 7 round mags are definitely good enough for the LEO of that state.

After all, the laws should apply to everyone, and everyone will be meekly following the law, right?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It's beyond pathetic that anyone actually believes that police officers should be allowed access to weapons and accessories that are denied to non-police officers, yet it's all too common. It's especially too common among people who should know better, like those who start sentences with, "I own a gun, but . . ." or "I've been a hunter all my life, but . . ."

Ectoman86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    They should leave the law the way it is.

If 7 rounds is good enough for everyday New York residents, it's good enough for the police and those who guard the Governor. :D

Point well made. I think if it stuck as is would only drive home the point that criminals don't obey they law...so why screw over honest citizens. Still not sure why they want to include retired officers in the exception but not others....but makes me glad I'm not there

shadohman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Does this mean that the NY LEOS were exempted from the semi-auto rifle and shotgun ban.?

If law enforcement did not receive an exemption how would this effect the Secret Service?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Limiting cops to 7 rounds, will mean more dead cops, cause the BG's don't play fair.

Wait a minute!?

Next thing you'll tell me is that criminals don't pay attention to gun free zones!

Good thing these politicians are making law to keep us safe.
    I'm sure this 7 rd. limit will take a bite out of crime. :yesway:

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I truely hope to god they pass this amendment. By passing the amendment they effectively nullify the new law via the 14th amendment.

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

Not sure if anyone caught it but the PBA that is pushing for the amendment stated they wanted exceptions for law enforcement and retired law enforcement.

Last I checked a retired jack boot thug is just an average joe.

Almost makes me want to immigrate to the peoples republic of NYC just to challenge it
    Not exactly

I also saw that. I don't know how they can justify excepting RETIRED law enforcement?
    When I retired I was placed on "Inactive Duty" status subject to recall to active duty by the Governor during a State Of Emergency.
    Should I refuse to comply with the recall order, unless excused by a Doctor, (Or a Mortician) I would forfeit my Pension.
    That's also why Retired Officers can qualify for Nation wide carry under LEOSA.

Yodes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Noble County
    Maybe that way if the police carries less rounds in their guns they will shoot less innocent people in the street when they try to stop a gunman.
    Your a genius! Banning all law enforcement from carrying weapons in New York will unquestionably reduce gun deaths.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    There shouldn't be two classes of citizens.... and if there are, it's the public SERVANTS who should be below their employers.

The police should have to suffer with every other citizen.

Goose meet gander.

Repeal the law for everyone, no special exemptions or classes.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    did you see Biden's comments during the WH summit on gun control? He flat out stated that they can't enforce the laws that are already on the books, in regards to background checks.

I find it very concerning that Biden is a heartbeat away from sitting in the Oval Office.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    According to NYFirearms forum, an exemption is already built into NY law.

Penal Law Section 265.20 permits Police Officers and certain categories of peace officers to possess prohibited weapons/instruments either on or off-duty. This includes "hi-capacity magazines" used in handguns. This has not been changed.

Sections 265.01, 265.02, 265.03, 265.04, 265.05, 265.10, 265.11,
    265.12, 265.13, 265.15 and 270.05 shall not apply to:
    (a) Persons in the military service of the state of New York when duly
    authorized by regulations issued by the adjutant general to possess the
    same.
    (b) Police officers as defined in subdivision thirty-four of section
    1.20 of the criminal procedure law.
    (c) Peace officers as defined in section 2.10 of the criminal procedure law

Top Bottom