• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cantbephaded04

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Well a little late but I did pick up the Walther P99AS .40 last week after much thought and consideration.

The gun shoots great, feels great, the AS trigger system is a dream IMO. I think I am doing something to try and compensate for the recoil because at 20 feet I had a fairly close group but like 6 inches lower.

I took my girlfriend out there shooting with the Walther and the baby desert eagle and she was terrified at first to shoot it. Once she did she had a solid group center mass, much better than mine. Then she tells me, just look through the little dot thingys. Talk about a killer to my self esteem. :bigballs:

Now my only question is about capacity. Both magazines hold 12 rounds but it is very hard to chamber the first round with a full magazine of 12. Now in the owners manual it states the capacity is 10+1. I don't understand the discrepancies. Any insight it appreciated! Also I thought someone had said that this gun was or should come with night sights, which mine sure don't but she is a beauty.

100_0520.jpg

100_0521.jpg

100_0519.jpg

Cantbephaded04

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    40 people viewed this and not one thinks shes pretty!? I dont see how someone would prefer a glock or XD over such a fine piece of german engineering!

Surely Ill get some hate mail now! :)

m2steven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    I'll bite. It's beautiful. it's prettier than my Glocks. What else is there to say? I'll take it.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I love mine!!

I've got a 1st Gen P99 in 9mm. This was before they were designated as "AS" triggers or anything. Back then, it was just one trigger to be had.

As far as your difficulties in loading the full magazine... That's what happens when things are brand new. It'll loosen up, I promise. In the mean time, just be sure that you really tap the mag home to be sure it's seated well.

The manual says 10+1 probably because they just never changed the wording once the AWB expired. No biggy.

-J-

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    saw these at big r one time when i was browsing around. guy behind the counter pulled it out cause i mentioned looking for a concealable .40 (G27). Said he carried one and really liked it. I liked how slim it was and the feel, it almost made me turn away from glock, but then i got my sense back.

Cantbephaded04

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Yea I first firearm was w Walther P22. If you have ever owned a P22 like Kyle, the P99 is a fantastic upgrade; bigger frame, stainless slide (as opposed to zinc alloy im told anyway), bigger caliber, yet that same ergonomic correctness. Its everything you would want that your P22 doesnt have.

Ya know I didnt even know there was a number of generations of the P99 there. So is mine the second generation perhaps??

So you guys suggest loading that magazine full next time at the range and try to rack those first few rounds no matter how hard they are?

Cantbephaded04

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Also as a sidenote, the interchangeable backstraps are great and also come with additional sights which I thought the guy had told me that if you change the backstraps you need to interchange the sights too? Doesnt make much sense to me but the extra sights included look to be the same as what was on there.

Onlyyyyy negative aspect is nobody makes any aftermarket accessories for this gun! I couldnt believe that crimson has nothing and there (at the gun store), on of their P22s had a real nice, small, flush fitting laser with Walther brand name stamped on it. I asked if they had those for the P99 and he said nope all you can do is get a big ugly universal light or laser. Upsetting it is knowing I have nothing to look forward to upgrading my baby.

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    saw these at big r one time when i was browsing around. guy behind the counter pulled it out cause i mentioned looking for a concealable .40 (G27). Said he carried one and really liked it. I liked how slim it was and the feel, it almost made me turn away from glock, but then i got my sense back.

borrow my G27 for a couple days. Im interested in getting something thinner. And keeping the 27 still of course. but the thickness is kinda bad considering how skinny we are.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I might have to look into getting one of these. It sure looks good. I've got a P22 and PK380 and this would round that group out a bit as well as give me something to take advantage of the availability of .40S&W. It looks good.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I carry one in .40 caliber. Its a great handgun. Never had any issues in 5 years.

My mags hold 10, I'm not sure why yours hold 12...

Top Bottom