• ...and so much more!
  • Vietnam1965

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2021
    South Florida
    Hello everyone,

I would like to announce my book on Vietnam bring back weapons. I’ve noticed over the past few years, a growing interest in bring back weapons so I decided to publish a book on the subject.

This book is non-profit and all proceeds after printing costs will be donated to the Honor Flight South Florida Organization. To those not familiar with the Honor Flight Organization, they take veterans from WWII, Korea and Vietnam on an all-expense paid one day trip to DC to visit the War Memorials.

The book showcases 59 veterans. Each veteran’s story is broken into three sections: The first highlights the veterans service history in detail if known. The second gives a brief history of the Division/Unit he served in and lastly, a short history of the weapon and when possible, the story of its acquisition.

The last section of the book includes 10 pages of VC made bring backs not tied to specific veterans plus VC grenades and even a Chinese RPG Rocket Launcher! There also is a six page section of period photos showing soldiers and dignitaries holding captured enemy weapons.

The book will be hard cover, approximately 370 pages of premium paper with full color. The price is $49.95 plus $5 shipping via USPS Media mail I am not asking for any money up front. When I have the books in hand, I will notify those interested via this thread or by PM. The proof copy is being printed on Monday. Once I approve of it then it will be 10 days until the books are shipped. Once the books ship, I'll start collecting the payment. The price will be $49.95 plus $5 shipping (US lower 48). I can combine shipping for multiple books. The book is hardcover, nearly 370 pages printed on premium paper (coated 100#) and best of all printed in the USA! Compared to other similar books I think the price is a bargain. I recently purchased George Layman’s excellent book, “Communist Bloc Handguns” from Amazon and it cost $40 for a soft-cover with 157 pages. It also was printed in China.

Please email me at wartrophybook@gmail.com with your contact information and how many books you wish to purchase. I prefer Zelle for payment as it’s the easiest and no fees are involved. USPS money order or bank cashier’s check would be secondary means of payment.

Sorry but at this time no ebook is planned. I know some have inquired about it. It may happen at a later time. All copies will be signed!

Thanks again for everyone patience and support!

Keith
    Book Cover Blocked.png

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Congrats on the book. I do have a question after seeing several threads on this.

You are publishing a book for the public to consume. Why black out your last name when that last name will appear on bookshelves? Or is your name Keith Blackbar? :):

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Congrats on the book. I do have a question after seeing several threads on this.

You are publishing a book for the public to consume. Why black out your last name when that last name will appear on bookshelves? Or is your name Keith Blackbar? :):
    Lots of people write under other names.
    Steven King wrote as Richard Bachman for years.

Vietnam1965

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2021
    South Florida
    Hello all,
    I received the proof copy and I'm blown away with the quality. I had never used this company before and went by a recommendation. I just can't believe its finally here! Two years of work I can now hold in my hands. Its such an amazing feeling. I'm calling the company first thing tomorrow morning to approve it. They had told me it will be 10 days for completion. I'll keep everyone informed and will contact for payment once the books ship. Thanks again everyone!
    IMG_2721.jpg IMG_2722.jpg IMG_2723.jpg IMG_2724.jpg

Vietnam1965

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2021
    South Florida
    Update: The book is now paid for. They tell me 10-12 business days for production then shipping from NY to Florida via FedEx freight so probably another 5-7 days. I was hoping for sooner. I sent the proof copy to Legacy for a review and checked the shipping costs. I was off by $1.45 so I'm sorry but I'm going to have to make the shipping now $6 instead of $5 and I'll pay the 45 cents. I've had a number of people want to purchase multiple books so while I was at the PO they gave me the prices :
    1 book $6.45
    2 books $9.95
    3 books $13.45
    4 books $16.95
    5 books $20.45

I still don't want to collect funds until the printing is finished. So I will be sure to let everybody know when that happens. Thanks again for everyone's patience. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now! The wait is definitely worth it!

Top Bottom