• ...and so much more!
  • Rooster Cogburn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    MSG2 - Indianapolis
    New Stimulus Package Breakdown

1. The $825 billion package slated for a House vote later this weekwill exceed more than $1.1 trillion when adding in the interest ($300plus billion) between 2009-2019 to pay for it.

2. The Capitol Hill Democrats’ plan includes funding for contraceptives;regardless of where anyone stands on taxpayer funded contraception,there is no question that it has NOTHING to do with the economy.

3. The legislation could open billions of taxpayer dollars to left-wing groups like the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN),which has been accused of voter fraud, is reportedly under federalinvestigation; and played a key role in the housing meltdown.

4. Here are just a few of the programs and projects that have been included in the House Democrats’ proposal:
    · $650 million for digital TV coupons.
    · $600 million for new cars for the federal government.
    · $6 billion for colleges/universities – many which have billion dollar endowments.
    · $50 million in funding for the National Endowment of the Arts.
    · $44 million for repairs to U.S. Department of Agriculture headquarters.
    · $200 million for the National Mall, including $21 million for sod.

5.The plan establishes at least 32 new government programs at a cost ofover $136 billion. That means more than a third of this plan’s spendingprovisions are dedicated to creating new government programs.

6.The plan provides spending in at least 150 different federal programs,ranging from Amtrak to the Transportation Security Administration. Isthis the “targeted” plan Democratic leaders promised?

7. Eventhough the legislation contains at least 152 separate spendingproposals, the authors of the plan can only say that 34 have any chanceat keeping or growing jobs.

8. Just one in seven dollars of an$18.5 billion expenditure on “energy efficiency” and “renewable energyprograms” would be spent within the next 18 months.

9. The totalcost of this one piece of legislation is almost as much as the annualdiscretionary budget for the entire federal government.

10. TheHouse Democrats’ bill will cost each and every household $6,700 inadditional debt, paid for by our children and grandchildren.

11.The bill provides enough spending – $825 billion – to give every man,woman, and child in America $2,700. $825 billion is enough to giveevery person in Ohio $72,000.

12. $825 billion is enough to give every person living in poverty in the United States $22,000.

13.Although the House Democrats’ proposal has been billed as atransportation and infrastructure investment package, in actuality only$30 billion of the bill – or three percent – is for road and highwayspending. A recent studyfrom the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office found that only 25percent of infrastructure dollars can be spent in the first year,making the one year total less than $7 billion.

14. Much of thefunding within the House Democrats’ proposal will go to programs thatalready have large, unexpended balances. For example, the bill provides$1 billion for Community Development Block Grants (CDBG) – a programthat already has $16 billion on hand. States also are sitting on some$9 billion in unused highway funds – funds that Congress is prepared torescind later this year.

15. All board members of the“Accountability and Transparency Board” created by this legislation areappointees of the President; none will be appointed by Congress.

16. A scant 2.7 percent, or $22.3 billion of the overall package, is dedicated to small business tax relief.

17.The Joint Committee on Taxation estimates that the legislationincreases by seven million the number of people who get a check backfrom the IRS that exceeds what they paid in payroll and income taxes.

18. The “Making Work Pay” tax credit at the center of the plan amounts to $1.37 a day, or about the price of a cup of coffee.

19.Almost one-third of the so-called “tax relief” in the House Democrats’bill is spending in disguise, meaning that true tax relief makes uponly 24 percent of the total package – not the 40 percent thatPresident Obama had requested.

20. $825 billion is just thebeginning – many Capitol Hill Democrats want to spend even moretaxpayer dollars on their “stimulus” plan. In fact, the Chairman of theHouse Appropriations Committee, Rep. David Obey (D-WI), told Roll Call earlier this month, “I would not be surprised to see us go further on some of these programs down the line.”

When does the bleeding stop?

Rooster

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    If this isn't taxation without representation I don't know what is. The public outcry when the bailout in November was done was deafening to all but those that could have stopped this nonsense before it got started. We would be seeing this sort of thing regardless of who the president was because the new boss is just like the old boss and no one really brings change if they are a politician. I am sick to death of watching this stuff go on especially when most people don't even try to make their voice heard, of course, that may be less frustrating than the letter writing and phone calls I make to try to get any of our elected officials to listen. I don't know what the answer is, just needed to vent. Grrrrrr.....

ian2000gsxr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2008
    Mooresville
    absolutely ridiculous. $650 million for TV coupons?!? How about sinking that money into our education system?!

What is there to be done when no one in Washington is listening to the will of the people?

Flintlock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Southeastern Indiana
    They should just give me the $825 billion and I will go spend it on guns. And then use said guns to force the current congress and president to do what's best for the people. And STOP this nonsense spending. Yup. That's a good plan.

Rooster Cogburn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    MSG2 - Indianapolis
    I saw today that apparently the House of Representatives are voting on this package today!!! The Wall Street Journal also has more information...$900 billion now?!?!?!?!?!

Annie is absolutely correct...this is taxation without representation. Now all we have to do is figure out how to peaceably voice our disgust.

Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN
    I believe that 825B amounts to roughly $220,000 per job created or preserved. However I don't believe this spending bill will create a single job. Public sector jobs do not count.

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    I saw today that apparently the House of Representatives are voting on this package today!!! The Wall Street Journal also has more information...$900 billion now?!?!?!?!?!

Annie is absolutely correct...this is taxation without representation. Now all we have to do is figure out how to peaceably voice our disgust.

I've got it. We can go to Boston Harbour and throw out all the analog TVs to the sea.

It'll be the Boston TV Party.

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    They should send me the money. I could figure out a better way to get the economy going then they can and you would all love me. Make me Empress and I will really show some of these people what change is all about.....

KPierce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Jeffersonville
    I guess I should be surprised or sickened by this, but I'm just not. When he campaigned and promised, "Change you can believe in." I never doubted there would be change coming on a major scale.

My only question is how long will it take before the sheeple that put him and the others into office start realizing that the change they are going to get is not the pretty stories they were told ?

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    So when are we going to get to the point where people say they have had enough of this stupidity with the government.

Probably never.

Last November the American people sent a resounding message of endorsement for this bailout.

In fact most people on this site also sent a big thumbs up for the bailout by voting for mcAmnesty.

This bailout isn't much different than the one mccain would have signed off on if he was pres now. In fact, I'd be shocked if he didn't vote for this one just like he voted for the last one.

Honestly, when 95% of the voting populous is voting the same people and types of people into office over and over there is no hope.

Congress had an approval rating of under 20% in oct/nov and yet how many of them got reelected?

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    They either don't understand economics (very possible), or they just don't care (also very possible). The republicans introduced their own package and are touting it as the better one because it is half of the current one. HELLO? How about NO stimulus package at all? Apparently they all believe the remedy to this situation is, drum-roll please, the same inane economic plan that got us into it.

Let's try a new tactic, let's NOT create more fiat federal reserve notes.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    "Stimulus".... Really? What is going to stimulate the private sector here? Nothing! Can you say P O R K? Come on! What a joke!!! I can't take all of these damn "bailouts!" Something has got to give here, and I just know that it's going to be us taxpayers that suffer whilst the liberals are ensuring their own financial posterity and futures. Give me a break. Let's see a fiscal conservative movement here!

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    New Stimulus Package Breakdown

1. The $825 billion package slated for a House vote later this weekwill exceed more than $1.1 trillion when adding in the interest ($300plus billion) between 2009-2019 to pay for it.

2. The Capitol Hill Democrats’ plan includes funding for contraceptives;regardless of where anyone stands on taxpayer funded contraception,there is no question that it has NOTHING to do with the economy.

3. The legislation could open billions of taxpayer dollars to left-wing groups like the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN),which has been accused of voter fraud, is reportedly under federalinvestigation; and played a key role in the housing meltdown.

4. Here are just a few of the programs and projects that have been included in the House Democrats’ proposal:
    · $650 million for digital TV coupons.
    · $600 million for new cars for the federal government.
    · $6 billion for colleges/universities – many which have billion dollar endowments.
    · $50 million in funding for the National Endowment of the Arts.
    · $44 million for repairs to U.S. Department of Agriculture headquarters.
    · $200 million for the National Mall, including $21 million for sod.

5.The plan establishes at least 32 new government programs at a cost ofover $136 billion. That means more than a third of this plan’s spendingprovisions are dedicated to creating new government programs.

6.The plan provides spending in at least 150 different federal programs,ranging from Amtrak to the Transportation Security Administration. Isthis the “targeted” plan Democratic leaders promised?

7. Eventhough the legislation contains at least 152 separate spendingproposals, the authors of the plan can only say that 34 have any chanceat keeping or growing jobs.

8. Just one in seven dollars of an$18.5 billion expenditure on “energy efficiency” and “renewable energyprograms” would be spent within the next 18 months.

9. The totalcost of this one piece of legislation is almost as much as the annualdiscretionary budget for the entire federal government.

10. TheHouse Democrats’ bill will cost each and every household $6,700 inadditional debt, paid for by our children and grandchildren.

11.The bill provides enough spending – $825 billion – to give every man,woman, and child in America $2,700. $825 billion is enough to giveevery person in Ohio $72,000.

12. $825 billion is enough to give every person living in poverty in the United States $22,000.

13.Although the House Democrats’ proposal has been billed as atransportation and infrastructure investment package, in actuality only$30 billion of the bill – or three percent – is for road and highwayspending. A recent studyfrom the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office found that only 25percent of infrastructure dollars can be spent in the first year,making the one year total less than $7 billion.

14. Much of thefunding within the House Democrats’ proposal will go to programs thatalready have large, unexpended balances. For example, the bill provides$1 billion for Community Development Block Grants (CDBG) – a programthat already has $16 billion on hand. States also are sitting on some$9 billion in unused highway funds – funds that Congress is prepared torescind later this year.

15. All board members of the“Accountability and Transparency Board” created by this legislation areappointees of the President; none will be appointed by Congress.

16. A scant 2.7 percent, or $22.3 billion of the overall package, is dedicated to small business tax relief.

17.The Joint Committee on Taxation estimates that the legislationincreases by seven million the number of people who get a check backfrom the IRS that exceeds what they paid in payroll and income taxes.

18. The “Making Work Pay” tax credit at the center of the plan amounts to $1.37 a day, or about the price of a cup of coffee.

19.Almost one-third of the so-called “tax relief” in the House Democrats’bill is spending in disguise, meaning that true tax relief makes uponly 24 percent of the total package – not the 40 percent thatPresident Obama had requested.

20. $825 billion is just thebeginning – many Capitol Hill Democrats want to spend even moretaxpayer dollars on their “stimulus” plan. In fact, the Chairman of theHouse Appropriations Committee, Rep. David Obey (D-WI), told Roll Call earlier this month, “I would not be surprised to see us go further on some of these programs down the line.”

When does the bleeding stop?

Rooster

House Passes Obama Stimulus Bill

The House passed Obama's $819 billion spending plan to kick start the American economy by a 244-188 vote tonight. All Republicans and eleven Democrats voted against the pork-laden bill, including Indiana's Rep. Brad Ellsworth. If someone can explain to me in simple terms how this new spending plan will help out-of-work Americans where the trillions in new spending this past year failed, please share. As far as I'm concerned, this is nothing more than a huge pay off to the special interest groups which backed Obama's successful campaign. What else would you expect from a Chicago politician? The Democrats are kicking out of office Gov. Rod Blagojevich for comparatively petty pay-to-play games in the Land of Lincoln, while they're patting President Obama and themselves on the back for a job well done.

Top Bottom