• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Not worth all of the hype, but it's still a decent AR for the money. If I were in the market for a new AR, I'd consider this one if that was my price point. I'm not and it isn't, so kind of a letdown.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I got to hold one today and will say definitely worth a look. Very nice. Out of the box nice Magpul designed (but different) forend. And the trigger is very very nice for a stock out of the box rifle for under 800. The pistol grip is pretty good too. If I was looking for an AR I would really consider it.

FWIW

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I got to hold one today and will say definitely worth a look. Very nice. Out of the box nice Magpul designed (but different) forend. And the trigger is very very nice for a stock out of the box rifle for under 800. The pistol grip is pretty good too. If I was looking for an AR I would really consider it.

FWIW

And yet, the chose to not chrome the chamber and bore.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    If they really wanted to defend a legacy they would have started making Garands again.

Boring. Never bought any of my ARs "factory", and probably never will.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Who has them in stock? Like to see one before I pass judgement.

Top Guns in Terre Haute has at least one.

If they really wanted to defend a legacy they would have started making Garands again.

Boring. Never bought any of my ARs "factory", and probably never will.

I wish SA made new Garands as well. Be nice to get a new one as a shooter. Yeah you can order that Special Grade from CMP but one from a factory new condition. Would be great.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I was just reading that Springfield teamed up with Bravo Company for this, they could have done far worse!! I know another factory AR is meh but at least it will be a solid entry at a good price point it looks like.

That's kinda my impression, as well. Melonited 1x8 barrel, mid gas, BCM furniture (including an exclusive polymer Keymod handguard), polished/NIBX-coated trigger components, flip-up rear sight, and a sub-$900 price point. They could have done WAY worse. I don't personally care for the name itself, or the big billboard on the magwell, but neither of those things impacts performance or value for the money.

Who has them in stock? Like to see one before I pass judgement.

We just got our first one in at Indy Arms Company today! :yesway:

SAINT_zpsisz5ak3s.jpg

Top Bottom