• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Spasmo got me a set of 2nd gen SureSights (now with Tritium!) for my birthday! :rockwoot: Ok, so, they haven't actually produced them yet, but they're due out by mid-June. can't...wait...

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I'm just as excited as you are scutter. I'm ready for an AAR! Your new thread made me think you had one! lol

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm just as excited as you are scutter. I'm ready for an AAR! Your new thread made me think you had one! lol

Sorry, man. :): In another month when I get them and get 'em installed, I'll put up a pic. They're trit, so maybe I can even get a pic in the dark.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Those are very similar to the sights on the Steyr pistols, no?

Yeah, that's one of the main reasons I wanted to try them out. I've never fired a Steyr, but after handling one I really wanted the sights. Plus, the 2nd gen SureSights are available with tritium now, too, so it's an easy decision. Worst case scenario is that I don't like 'em and I end up putting Big Dots on instead. I absolutely loathe standard three-dot sights. I just cannot pick up the front sights on those.

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    Nick Vigliucci, the Glock smith who always sets up next to Plainfield Shooting Supply's booth at the 1500, has these sights on one of his display Glocks. I played around with the pistol last weekend. Obviously I did not shoot the weapon but I was able to practice bringing the sights on target from a low ready postition several times.

I really did not like the sights at all. They simply did not line up quickly for me and I found it difficult to focus on the front sight because the rear sight distracted my focus.

Make sure you all try these sights out, preferrably by shooting a pistol that has them, before you plunk down your hard earned money.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    That may very well be the case for me as well. I can tell you that I absolutely hate three-dot sights, so I'm willing to try anything else.

Also, note that these are slightly redesigned for the 2nd gen version, which won't be in production for another month, so you were likely looking at the 1st gen sights (not that it's likely to be a huge difference).

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I'll be interested to know how they work out for you. I have some big dots sitting around here waiting to go on my 19. I had never heard of those sights until I saw this thread. Hope you iike em.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    seem kinda big from the pics on the site. look like the front sight would snag

I asked them about that. They said the profile is similar to a normal front sight and that it will still clear just about any holster. Guess we'll find out.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I just sent an email to them requesting an update. I'll let you know if and when I hear something.

Currently, we are taking pre-orders for our redesigned sights,
    which will be shipping in August. Our new sights are
    adjustable, and have the option of tritium.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Just received from SureSight

Our expectation was that we'd receive parts for shipping to you no later than today, Friday August 15. Our shipment did not come in, and while there is a delay, it is not too significant. We expect to begin shipping out sights next week, rather than this week. Orders will be shipped in the order in which they were placed, beginning no later than next week. Due to the large volume of orders to be shipped and the rate at which we receive our parts, sights may continue to ship for several weeks until all orders are filled.

All the best,

Chaim Stein
    President, SureSight LLC

SureSight

1171 S. Robertson Blvd.
    Los Angeles, CA
    US

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom