• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    After owning the standard P365 for a few years I found I rarely shot it , maybe 3 range visits total. Hard for me to see the sights , yeah I need a new prescription. Tried a G43X with Romeo Zero red dot and did not shoot it as well as I had hoped for. Picked up a P365X at a shop in Anderson a few weeks ago and the grip felt MUCH better than the short P365 grip. Was going to get the P365XL but the one they had was the safety version. So I went with the P365X and took the Romeo Zero off the G43X and put it on the P365X and after sight in fired 15 rounds at 15 yards. Even with some stray shots I was doing better than I had with the G43X. Going to try again this weekend with some 124 grain loads.

Attachments

• a 1 a a a a a a a a P365X 15 yard.jpg
      a 1 a a a a a a a a P365X 15 yard.jpg
      124.2 KB · Views: 31

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Nice shooting and Congrat's on the combo! I picked up the P365 a year ago for EDC. Unfortunately, I'm at the age where my eyes are struggling with sights as well (ALL iron sights, not just the P365). I see the target perfect, but not the sights, or use reading glasses and see the sights, but the target is fuzzy. I liked the ergonomics of the P365 so much, I got the P365XL and put a Holosun 507K on it. Wow, what a difference! Took some getting used to, and with the dot jumping around I thought it was going to be less accurate. Groups don't lie, and this thing is out shooting my tried-and-true favorites by at least 25% on average.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I shoot my P365 as well or better than my other Sig pistols. I shoot a dot more accurately when mounted on my P320X Compact and M-17, but my first shot is much slower than with iron sights when shooting a timed program.

jbizzle3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I tried an early one and just could not get a comfy trigger pull on it. Friend showed me his new XL yesterday and I might need one for me and one for wife lol

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Great, thanks for the info. I’m looking to pick one up (though I’m going to go with a Holosun, not impressed with the Romeo Zero)
    I have a Holosun too. Looks like it will need an adapter base to mount on the P365 or my G43X. The Romeo Zero works well enough but the on/off brightness button is in a terrible position and the sight must be removed for battery replacement. I might have my G48 milled for the Holosun.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have a Holosun too. Looks like it will need an adapter base to mount on the P365 or my G43X. The Romeo Zero works well enough but the on/off brightness button is in a terrible position and the sight must be removed for battery replacement. I might have my G48 milled for the Holosun.
    The Holosun 407k fits on the 365XL without need for a plate.

Top Bottom