• ...and so much more!
  • LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    07a5b584.jpg

So I took the new sig out today to the range today and I thought I'd do a lil write up on it. I started out at 10 yards and I had everything I actually aimed at hit on the dot, decided to move out to 15 and 25 yards and still was hittin everything I aimed at. This thing shoots like a dream, I believe I just found my new carry gun. All I was using today was 180gr Remington UMC 250 pack, I can imagine if I put some better ammo thru it, I'd be able to shoot a fly off a bull's @$$, I didn't think I could like the gun so much, the recoil on it is there but barely.
    If anybody out ther is thinking about pickin one up, I would definately recommend grabbing one if u can find it.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Thanks for the confirmation that Sig makes great firearms.

I bought a P239 for my daughter for my daughter to carry a few years ago. Nice birthday gift for a 19 year old. We were at a friends place. They have some reactive targets set up that we were plinking off with rifles at about 25 yards. She loaded 2 rounds to function check the pistol, and the "bang - clink, bang - clink" followed by "I like this!" told me I made a great purchase. Amazing accuracy.

P229 or the single stack P239 version, both great pistols!

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    Thanks for the confirmation that Sig makes great firearms.

I bought a P239 for my daughter for my daughter to carry a few years ago. Nice birthday gift for a 19 year old. We were at a friends place. They have some reactive targets set up that we were plinking off with rifles at about 25 yards. She loaded 2 rounds to function check the pistol, and the "bang - clink, bang - clink" followed by "I like this!" told me I made a great purchase. Amazing accuracy.

P229 or the single stack P239 version, both great pistols!

Yes they are, I'm sure this won't be my last SIG

wwdkd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Valparaiso
    Nice gun! How's the recoil in a Sig in .40, all I have are 9mm Sigs so I'm curious. Does the higher bore axis make it recoil anymore than other .40s?

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    Nice gun! How's the recoil in a Sig in .40, all I have are 9mm Sigs so I'm curious. Does the higher bore axis make it recoil anymore than other .40s?

There is recoil, but it's not a lot and I havnt shot too many 40's but it's comparable to a full size 45 I guess

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    I own several Sigs, mostly W.German guns but the P229 and P239 are my 2 favorites. I have tried others but keep coming back.

Ya, I definately love my 229, but what are the w. German guns everybody keeps talkin about, I assume that means west German, but what are they all about?

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood

I have carried a 229 for quite a few years. I've shot quite a few other .40's and I think the recoil is equal to or better than on others. For me personally, I get very little muzzle flip. The recoil, for me, is very manageable.

Top Bottom