• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Yep, just got this email last night. And it looks like a super-easy drop-in. Once I hear some reports in the field, and after the initial hype settles down, I think this will be worth a try! I suspect this time next year, places like Midway will have deals on these, it'll make for a perfect stocking stuffer in my home.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Shady executive: "Our triggers suck. What should we do?"
    Newbie executive with some ethics remaining: "We could improve the trigger in the new guns..."
    :rofl:
    Shady executive: "No, silly - we keep selling the junking ones and get people to buy NEW ones to fix our mistakes!"

OK, I jest. And I too await a Midway sale.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    They didn't mention whether the drop in kit had the couple other upgrades that are routinely done on 10/22 mechanisms? Synthetic buffer and auto bolt release?
    $90 isn't a bad price if it had those. If you didn't have to pay tax or shipping.

On a side note, did you notice that sweet looking 50th Anniversary Edition 1022 had the GSSR peep sight on the receiver? Love that sight.
    http://www.ruger.com/micros/BX-Trigger/

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    WTS, one crappy, plastic, unless, paper weight, only $150.00 firm, no low ball offers.

I'm thinking a cool little side business might be buying the stock group for ~$20-30 (or trade for a BX-25.) Then working it into a similar (better?) product to what Ruger is selling for $60-70 bucks?
    My version could include the better buffer and auto bolt release.

One man's junk...

Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    I would be interested in hearing any review of the BX Trigger pack once someone buys one and tries it out.

I would not be surprised if Ruger comes out with new model variations of 10/22 / Charger sometime in the near future which include the BX Trigger pack.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm happy with my Brimstone trigger job but this could be good for people who don't want to send their trigger group somewhere to have it worked on. Plus you could always swap it back to "stock" if you wanted to. Though I don't know why someone would.

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    I got one.

Hopefully this helps:

• $89 each. Free shipping.
    • I am no gunsmith, and it took less than 5 minutes to install. Super easy.
    • This new trigger does not do the other common stuff mentioned above (auto bolt release, etc)... it's just a replacement trigger.
    • I don't have a trigger pull gauge, but I estimate the weight of this new trigger to be less than half of the original (nice and light).
    • There is VERY little take-up.
    • There is NO over-travel.
    • The reset is VERY short.

This is a huge improvement over the factory trigger. Is it worth $89? Yes, it is to me.

After installation, I wonder what original stock trigger group would bring in the classifieds?

$20. I actually ran into a guy on one of the FB pages looking for one. I shipped it to him for $20 today... so the net price of my new trigger is actually only $69.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I got one.

Hopefully this helps:

• $89 each. Free shipping.
    • I am no gunsmith, and it took less than 5 minutes to install. Super easy.
    • This new trigger does not do the other common stuff mentioned above (auto bolt release, etc)... it's just a replacement trigger.
    • I don't have a trigger pull gauge, but I estimate the weight of this new trigger to be less than half of the original (nice and light).
    • There is VERY little take-up.
    • There is NO over-travel.
    • The reset is VERY short.

This is a huge improvement over the factory trigger. Is it worth $89? Yes, it is to me.

$20. I actually ran into a guy on one of the FB pages looking for one. I shipped it to him for $20 today... so the net price of my new trigger is actually only $69.
    Did you buy it from Ruger or another retailer?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm happy with my Brimstone trigger job but this could be good for people who don't want to send their trigger group somewhere to have it worked on. Plus you could always swap it back to "stock" if you wanted to. Though I don't know why someone would.

Which "tier" did you go with?

The tier 2 would be just about the same cost when you factor in shipping. With that they say they install a "rimfire technologies trigger" but don't show an example. Does it look flashy?

Maybe Rimfire Central has a comparison.

Top Bottom