• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    New York can't stop hoards of people from rushing the Nordstrom and carrying off hundreds of thousands of dollars of merch, but oh yeah you bet they're gonna throat stomp you for daring to peacefully carry in the Aldi.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    Tech companies will be more than delighted to track your online presence and report.

ETA: Could them searching your history to deny you fall under ex post facto?

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    They'll Google you and find one and use it as an excuse to deny you.
    I just googled my real name. None of the sites that I am involved in showed up. Searching for Quiet Observer did not show any either. There were several nonrelated hits with the name. One was The Death of Quiet Observer in a pdf.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I agree with others above that it is unconstitutional. On the practical side, how would the state know if you listed all your sites?
    Or better yet.... how would they know if you posted the name you use?

Just to use an example from INGO's past, our founder's name was Mike. On here, he went by the name "Fenway"

If he posted on FB as "Mike" and on here as Fenway, and didn't crosspost the two, how would they know if he (hypothetically) posted on ARFcom as @churchmouse ?

Disclaimer. I have met both Fenway and CM in the real world and they are definitely not the same person.

Edit: For that matter, if I told them I was on FB, how would they know that I only had one handle on there?

or what about some of our members who state that they have no FB or Twitter?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Or better yet.... how would they know if you posted the name you use?

Just to use an example from INGO's past, our founder's name was Mike. On here, he went by the name "Fenway"

If he posted on FB as "Mike" and on here as Fenway, and didn't crosspost the two, how would they know if he (hypothetically) posted on ARFcom as @churchmouse ?

Disclaimer. I have met both Fenway and CM in the real world and they are definitely not the same person.

Edit: For that matter, if I told them I was on FB, how would they know that I only had one handle on there?

or what about some of our members who state that they have no FB or Twitter?
    The answer depends upon how much effort they decided to put into finding you.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Same could be said about most anything.
    door locks
    safes
    privacy
    safety
    protection
    etc
    Except we are talking about the .gov here. With NY not wanting to give out licenses, I imagine they will put real effort into finding social media accounts. I doubt most people have any clue how hard or easy it is to track this stuff.

Top Bottom