• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Valo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hammond
    I never really was a gun person, until my "soon-to-be" husband took me to the local range a few times. Each time we went, it was a little better (the first few times was shooting only .40 cal so I wasn't all that thrilled) Not long after, we purchased a P22, and now we have a new XD 9mm and I like going every weekend we can go.

Also I'd like to say Hello, I'm sure i'll have a lot of questions :):

...my husband told me to say " I <3 bacon"

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Hi Valo. Glad to have a lady join us. My wife is a sometimes shooter. She used to shoot on a regular basis but my shooting partner lately has been our daughter. Just a bit of advice, stick with the lighter recoiling rounds and work your way up to the point that you are comfortable then stop at the caliber you enjoy shooting the most. My daughter has shot my 45acps, doesn't like the semi-autos but will shoot my 45acp revolver. What she seem to enjoy the most is shooting full size steel 9mm pistols. The steel guns weigh more than the tactical tupperware pistols, so the felt recoil is lower and its easy for her to control. Also, if possible try different guns. A Browning Hi-Power 9mm shoots & feels differently and shoots differently than a 9mm Glock and that feels and shoots differently than a 9mm 1911. You'll find something that suits your shooting skills and likes. One other thing, invite your girlfriends out shooting sometime. I've found that ladies are often afraid to shoot, but when they actually get out and do it they enjoy it (seems like that happened to you too)

JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    Welcome Valo glad to see more females signing up and getting involved in the sport! I got my wife interested in it a few years back now she has her permit to carry and is the Johnson County Chairperson for the Friends of NRA committee.
    Iam an Instructor with the Johnson County 4H Shooting Sports program and we are seeing a increase in young ladies getting into the sport every year. 2007 we had 87 members and 40% of these were female.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom