• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kane406

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2013
    Speedway
    One suggestion. Make sure there are ceiling lights directly above where the shooter stands.
    It can be hard to see pistol sights in some indoor ranges.

III Percent

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Rick60 I believe if I can get the financial backing that it's a no brainer. Once I get the business plan complete I will start looking for investors and then talk to the bank. Really appreciate the input. Feel free to put the word out to your friends.

Friction

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    Terre Haute
    Don't skimp on environmental controls like air filtration and waste management. Indoor ranges that only have the minimum indoor ventilation requirements for the exposure times can be unpleasant to shoot in when people are shooting lots of lead reloads. Likewise, as a business, you have to make sure your collection of the spent rounds meets environmental/OSHA regs. You need to talk to a pro in the industry to make sure you are adaptable to any future changes that can be predicted. There are no inexpensive fines for environmental infractions and if someone decides they don't like your range in their town the EPA is a great weapon to use against honest people.

You may also want to bid the range out to a few local governments to see if any of them will offer you a tax break for building a new business in their tax zone.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I want this to be a place a guy or gal can come and hang around all day if they want to. Sort of a shooters piece of heaven.

IMHO, this is a bad idea. You don't want it to turn into a good ole boys club. You can't make any money. You do plan to make money right. Turn over of customers is key.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Right to Bear Arms in Haubstadt has started construction on indoor range. I believe it's going to be 10 firearm ranges & 5 bow. Would love to see another nice range around Evansville!

martineast

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Bedford
    I live in Bedford and work in Bloomington and would definitely support such an endeavor. If you don't have access to private land there is virtually nowhere in this area to shoot. Closest place I know of is Paoli, and it's outdoors only.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I live in Bedford and work in Bloomington and would definitely support such an endeavor. If you don't have access to private land there is virtually nowhere in this area to shoot. Closest place I know of is Paoli, and it's outdoors only.

Have you checked out the Mitchell Outdoor Sportsman's Club?

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON

South Central in Freetown is close by.

tonyb71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    So. Indiana
    As much as we need another range in SW IN, I doubt I'd drive to Bloomington for one. My 2¢...

Don't worry, there will be another one just a bit North of Evansville around Aug/Sep of this year. I'll post more when I get more details but funding has been approved and construction will begin soon if it hasn't already.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    if you need HVAC work done at the range pm me i would like to bid on the work...over 30 years in the field.......i'm 15 miles away....

III Percent

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    After talks with the SBA folks the range will probably be located in Lawrence County close to the Juda area off of US 37. The Monroe County zoning board is definely not on the side of gun owners looking for a place to shoot. They shot down (pun intended) the last two attempts and I'm not going to waste money on lawyers that I could put into the range. Just to note, this will be a public range which will offer memberships, but is always open 100% of the time to the public. Memberships get you free range time, discounts on ammo/weps/rentals, weps storage and access to member areas. Ghitch75 I would hope to get a bid from you because this will be built with 100% local business. Can you do the range ventilation which needs to meet EPA standards??? If so I would like a baseline quote to add into the busness plan. PM me your company's info or send me an email at highvelocityrange@gmail.com.

III Percent

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Godfearingguntotin and BossHog, I have a couple of friends who have been on the waiting list for club memberships at multiple ranges in the area for two years. I think this area needs a range open to the public to give everyone an opportunity to send lead down range. There are way too many guns just sitting in the closet collecting dust because there isn't a place to shoot. So, it's time to dustem' off and puttem' to use.

SPUTTER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    BEDFORD
    OK, wanted to bump this thread up and let everyone know - III Percent and myself are making this a reality, a dream come true - High Velocity Indoor Gun and Bow Range is coming together and we are continueing to move forward. Still going in along HYW 37 betwenn Juda and Bedford area, Business plan completed, GC contractor contacted, initial floor plan done, we have a facebook page getting started to let everyone know about the process.

This is what it is looking like hold your sites:

Bay 1 - 5 lanes, 100yds (thats correct 100 true yds), 360 degree target retriever which can input around 1000 programs can be run from the stall or the RSO, can fire upto a 50 BMG

Bay 2 - 10 lanes (may need more), 25 yds, 360 degree target system

Bay 3 - here you go 25 yds bow range with 3d

As III percent mention before will be set up to sell firearms, rent firearms, members and open to the public, will also be setting up classes for first time users and buyers, advanced classes, womens classes, NRA classes, classes for basic firearms Pistol and Rifle, safe handling storage etc. We are setting up for youth of all ages to get them off the computers and cell phones and show them the knowledge , skills, safety of firearms as well as Carbine nite, cowbot, bowling pin, poker shoot, womens nite, youth day and nite as well as youth competion.

Will be calling on individuals to see if they would like to instructors in there area of expertise as well as finding female instructors.

OK will keep you informed cont. to let us know what you think and any knew ideas.

Philosopy:
    After all, a store is just a store, a range is just a range, training is just training, bring them all together under one roof and you have accomplished a world class complex; a one of a kind, second to none industry leader

Top Bottom