• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I had been thinking about an N-Pap so I think I may go with that over the IO. When you mention Century, are you talking about the AK’s they make such as the RAS47 and C39?

Yes. Zastava makes the NPAP, not Century. Century just imports them. The other good low-cost AK is the Romanian WASR made by Cuigir also imported by Century.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    Yes. Zastava makes the NPAP, not Century. Century just imports them. The other good low-cost AK is the Romanian WASR made by Cuigir also imported by Century.

I watched your YouTube video about what AK’s to start out with, it helped me out because I really wanted an American made version. Hopefully someone will perfect it one day.

Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    IO has supposedly changed factories and personnel and procedures and listened to the feedback so many damn times I can't count. Hell I think they even changed their name. But the fact remains that IO AK's as a whole are ****. ****. ****. And in case you can't read through the language filter and get my point I'll just say it again ... ****.
    i am THRILLED when I see someone who has been spared the humiliation and frustration or failures and have a IO made AK that works! So anyone here who has one that works I truly am cheering for you and happy that yours works and I mean that.

For anyone who has yet to buy one, DONT!!! I repeat, DO NOT BUY AN IO BUILT AK. They did import some that were made overseas and those mostly seem fine. If it's made here in the USA and says IO don't buy it.
    these guys know their product is **** and they have intentionally misled the consumer and intentionally put out **** to profit from the consumers misfortune I believe. Of coarse this is only my opinions and they just happen to be shared by many more people that happen to know a hell of a lot more than I do about AK's. Some are already in this thread above.

do yourself a favor and look up AK operators union on YouTube and see what he has to say about IO and many other AK's. That will help you find the best one for your personal needs.
    The IO guns that were made overseas were made in the same town as the polish arms plant, in some fly by night operation that they thru together themselves, cast trunnions and crappy QC were still part of those guns.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I watched your YouTube video about what AK’s to start out with, it helped me out because I really wanted an American made version. Hopefully someone will perfect it one day.

If/when Full30 opens up to everyone, I will put all my AK stuff back up. I had to pull it all down since YouTube was going to nuke me.

I hope PSA won't give up on the AK market and will continue to listen to shooter feedback.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If/when Full30 opens up to everyone, I will put all my AK stuff back up. I had to pull it all down since YouTube was going to nuke me.

I hope PSA won't give up on the AK market and will continue to listen to shooter feedback.
    Apparently they're selling well. Every one they show on their site is out of stock.

CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    I had been thinking about an N-Pap so I think I may go with that over the IO. When you mention Century, are you talking about the AK’s they make such as the RAS47 and C39?

I have an N-Pap I really like that I bought from another INGO'er a while back. I have put about 1500+ rounds through it with no problems. Luckily the INGO'er who had it before me put better furniture on it(Hogue) a lot of the century furniture these days is not very good.

PSA-AKs are also decent I picked one up some months ago. Fairly accurate, although when I took it to the the range for the first time the sights had to be adjusted quite dramatically and I though that was kind of a bummer for a new factory gun. I also had to file an area on the bolt carrier that was rubbing on the back of the recoil spring attachment. Runs like a champ now though, sometimes when you get an AK you have to do a little work, which sounds not very good but it is at times part of the experience unless you really shell out the moolah$$.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    I have an N-Pap I really like that I bought from another INGO'er a while back. I have put about 1500+ rounds through it with no problems. Luckily the INGO'er who had it before me put better furniture on it(Hogue) a lot of the century furniture these days is not very good.

PSA-AKs are also decent I picked one up some months ago. Fairly accurate, although when I took it to the the range for the first time the sights had to be adjusted quite dramatically and I though that was kind of a bummer for a new factory gun. I also had to file an area on the bolt carrier that was rubbing on the back of the recoil spring attachment. Runs like a champ now though, sometimes when you get an AK you have to do a little work, which sounds not very good but it is at times part of the experience unless you really shell out the moolah$$.
    Only work I’ve needed to do to an AK involved my kit builds, and the Saiga conversions, all the others just get run and abused.

The PSA AKs seem to be a mixed bag, they haven’t started making the 556 version yet AFAIK, which is a bit annoying.

I’m waiting for them to make some MP5 parts tho, stocks and the like; about the extent of their non AR parts I’ll trust at this time.

Top Bottom