• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Why so much hate for Fobus? Weren't they designed originally for the IDF?
    I'll admit that my first was simply because of price, but having tried a dozen different Kydex OB holsters and four or five leather brands, I find that short of my Bianchi 7 (I own one for every handgun I own) series holsters, the Fobus Rotopaddle offerings have been my close second favorites. That said, I've never found an IWB that was comfortable enough to wear all day, possible exception was SideArmor but their CS sucks @$$. Am I an anomaly?
    Unless they have improved, a bunch of schools used to show you why, by ripping them off of you in retention drills! They really used to be junk, and I never bought one after seeing them "removed" from the wearer. Maybe different now, but?

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    Thanks for the response. That's good to know, though I think they have probably improved. Hell, I have problems removing mine without taking my belt clean off; there's no amount of twisting/spreading that makes it easy. Now I'm gonna have to really try to tear one up and see...

Edit: I searched high and low, Google-Fu on extra awesome, and found several anecdotal "Fobus is Junk" forum posts though, to be fair, just as many who swear by them. The only video I found where a paddle holster was broken off was with a molded kydex model and it broke off like nothing. I unloaded and cleared my G22 and put it in one of my original Fobus (6-ish years old) and attempted to duplicate the maneuver and all I ended up with was a twisted up belt. Not saying I debunked it definitively, but I still trust the holster YMMV.

Last edited:

andfc

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Other than injection-molding, this is a very different product than anything Fobus offers.

The Eidolon is for people who are looking for an IWB holster that can be worn in many different configurations, and I think especially well-suited to carrying a larger gun than someone otherwise would be able to comfortably conceal in the AIWB position. If you currently use or are considering a Raven Phantom or similar pancake kydex holster for IWB strong side carry, a Vanguard 2 or other minimal trigger guard holster, or a G-Code INCOG or other single-fold AIWB-oriented kydex holster, I would strongly recommend considering the Eidolon, especially if you feel like your Glock is too big to carry with the holster you have.

If your needs are currently met with a purpose-built holster - at whatever price point, from whatever manufacturer - then you are probably not going to get $100 of value out of the Eidolon.

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    I agreee with jtgarner that Henry Holsters "concealment kick" wedge is great and looks much more comfy and low profile. Henry holsters AIWB is a wonderful product.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I agreee with jtgarner that Henry Holsters "concealment kick" wedge is great and looks much more comfy and low profile. Henry holsters AIWB is a wonderful product.

It it is an outstanding product, but as I have said, I am a Raven fan and am interested to try out the"claw" that this holster offers. I am determined to try one of these eventually. Maybe it will be when they have them at the 1500, maybe I will borrow one from someone, maybe I'll buy a used one, and maybe I'll buy a brand new one, but I WILL try one.

Top Bottom