• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Seems like with all the new owners out there and the plandemic ammo would be in short supply. Which makes me wonder how many new owners are sitting around with perhaps a box of fmj and thinking yeah I am good .

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Seems like with all the new owners out there and the plandemic ammo would be in short supply. Which makes me wonder how many new owners are sitting around with perhaps a box of fmj and thinking yeah I am good .

:whistle:

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011

:whistle:
    Saw an article shortages because of Day of Terror. Oddly enough the only thing I have found hard to come by is 20 gauge shot gun shells.

just recently I ordered a case of 9mm Hi-shok as in the classic stuff just to have on hand.

Last edited:

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    A lot more than you think.

I went to the Range I teach just to visit. They were rather busy yesterday and a friend said it was quiet all week then Thursday through yeasterday the folks came from everywhere. They had a lot of ar 5.56 and 9mm ammo sales. I sort of laughed and asked if it was because YouTube told them to because of Israeli-Hamas issues. When I worked there more than I do now every time a gun tube celeberty out something out we’d get 10 or 12 people in buying something. Something other than training!

Our owner bought like 10 Hi Points as a joke and they sat without much fanfare they sold like 2 over a ) month period then the day that Indiana passed Constitutional Carry was signed BAM we sold the 8 we had left within 2 days.

So there is something to current events

Covid we couldn’t keep anything in stock. Some were legit first Time owners that put off buying for whatever reason. Some were our resident frequent buyers that were planning on flipping it down the road.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    A lot more than you think.

I went to the Range I teach just to visit. They were rather busy yesterday and a friend said it was quiet all week then Thursday through yeasterday the folks came from everywhere. They had a lot of ar 5.56 and 9mm ammo sales. I sort of laughed and asked if it was because YouTube told them to because of Israeli-Hamas issues. When I worked there more than I do now every time a gun tube celeberty out something out we’d get 10 or 12 people in buying something. Something other than training!

Our owner bought like 10 Hi Points as a joke and they sat without much fanfare they sold like 2 over a ) month period then the day that Indiana passed Constitutional Carry was signed BAM we sold the 8 we had left within 2 days.

So there is something to current events

Covid we couldn’t keep anything in stock. Some were legit first Time owners that put off buying for whatever reason. Some were our resident frequent buyers that were planning on flipping it down the road.
    Funny had a friend giving me grief about a purchase a while back when I was telling him about it. It went something like this… I can not believe you bought a Hi-Point! Ah no I bought a High Power yes there is a difference lol

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Saw an article shortages because of Day of Terror. Oddly enough the only thing I have found hard to come by is 20 gauge shot gun shells...just recently I ordered a case of 9mm Hi-Shok as in the classic stuff just to have on hand.
    Yup...I do like the classic Federal 'Hydra-Shok' round.
    I've got a few boxes of that lying around somewhere?

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Rhetorical question, right? In my experience it's not just new owners but 80% of all owners. People that actually train, not punch paper at the range but TRAIN is 5-10% of all gun owners. If you don't see any wisdom in training a couple boxes of ammo will last for years, maybe your lifetime. I also shudder to think, since Constitutional carry came into law how many people are carrying guns without putting 1 round down range. It's impossible to know how unprepared you are to defend yourself without training and most simply aren't interested.

Bugzilla

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Rhetorical question, right? In my experience it's not just new owners but 80% of all owners. People that actually train, not punch paper at the range but TRAIN is 5-10% of all gun owners. If you don't see any wisdom in training a couple boxes of ammo will last for years, maybe your lifetime. I also shudder to think, since Constitutional carry came into law how many people are carrying guns without putting 1 round down range. It's impossible to know how unprepared you are to defend yourself without training and most simply aren't interested.
    Don’t disagree with your comments and the need for training, except the revision of the last sentence.

“Even with training It's impossible to know how unprepared you are to defend yourself until you need to defend yourself. And most simply aren’t interested.“

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Not to split hairs I would say your 80% number is way high. Not to play word Judo but by Train so you mean classes and drills from said classes or just “Range shooting”?

If so Here’s why I say it’s not that high. Even before Constitutional carry not a lot of folks trained. Some thought they were trained from that one course in the Military or etc that’s about it.

I will throw his name as an example. Tom Givens estimates there is so where around 20,000 professional students. Ones that go to a couple classes or more a year. Some at least go to a quality class at least once but most won’t go at all.

My own observations is wether I am in I Diana Ohio or even Texas at a nationally known class I run into a lot of folks I was in other classes with.

When I filled in as a RSO wjem
    Not teaching at the range most of our range client ess we’re only shooting. A few would do our classes more than once but the majority wouldn’t take a class and we’re not shooting drills just blasting.

Don’t get me wrong I’m not knocking plinking I love getting my 22’s out and just relaxing. But when a guy shoots 200 rounds of 9mm on every square inch of a B27 or whatever target I’m not sure what they are getting other than what looks like a 5” gun with grape shot was used!

Or my favorite and this happens quite a bit. Someone comes in talks up the gun he got “last year” pulls it from his holster (we allow that as long as they are aimed down range at the shooting lanes) and quips “yeah I got this last year and it’s my carry I am just now getting around to shooting it” I try to keep my baffled look off my face and just wish those types luck. They will never know what they need to know and it’s his hide what do you do!

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Not to split hairs I would say your 80% number is way high. Not to play word Judo but by Train so you mean classes and drills from said classes or just “Range shooting”?

If so Here’s why I say it’s not that high. Even before Constitutional carry not a lot of folks trained. Some thought they were trained from that one course in the Military or etc that’s about it.

I will throw his name as an example. Tom Givens estimates there is so where around 20,000 professional students. Ones that go to a couple classes or more a year. Some at least go to a quality class at least once but most won’t go at all.

My own observations is wether I am in I Diana Ohio or even Texas at a nationally known class I run into a lot of folks I was in other classes with.

When I filled in as a RSO wjem
    Not teaching at the range most of our range client ess we’re only shooting. A few would do our classes more than once but the majority wouldn’t take a class and we’re not shooting drills just blasting.

Don’t get me wrong I’m not knocking plinking I love getting my 22’s out and just relaxing. But when a guy shoots 200 rounds of 9mm on every square inch of a B27 or whatever target I’m not sure what they are getting other than what looks like a 5” gun with grape shot was used!

Or my favorite and this happens quite a bit. Someone comes in talks up the gun he got “last year” pulls it from his holster (we allow that as long as they are aimed down range at the shooting lanes) and quips “yeah I got this last year and it’s my carry I am just now getting around to shooting it” I try to keep my baffled look off my face and just wish those types luck. They will never know what they need to know and it’s his hide what do you do!
    I too enjoy my 22s and it's relaxing for me. I worked at Range USA for almost 3 years, teaching and RSO and saw more than I wanted of the "grape shot" targets.. Most will proudly say, "I hit my target every time", their target being the 23X35 piece of paper. Can't sell a good story without pictures so here tiz
    Second target was an AR @ 7 yards and the third was a guy that put 200 rounds of 45 ACP on one target.. Training, we don't need no stinkin training.

Attachments

• 3yards.jpg
      3yards.jpg
      257.4 KB · Views: 20
    • 7yardAR.jpg
      7yardAR.jpg
      357.5 KB · Views: 20
    • 200acp.JPG
      200acp.JPG
      248.1 KB · Views: 20

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Not just new owners. Not by a long shot :joke:

I could fill a 50-cal can with the number of long-time gun owners I know, who have an offensively small amount of ammo on hand. Hell, some of them are right here on INGO. A few of these folks I'd consider friends, and I'm definitely a broken record with how often I'm encouraging them to buy some more.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I too enjoy my 22s and it's relaxing for me. I worked at Range USA for almost 3 years, teaching and RSO and saw more than I wanted of the "grape shot" targets.. Most will proudly say, "I hit my target every time", their target being the 23X35 piece of paper. Can't sell a good story without pictures so here tiz
    Second target was an AR @ 7 yards and the third was a guy that put 200 rounds of 45 ACP on one target.. Training, we don't need no stinkin training.
    We have a “wall of shame”’in the back hall (out of public) we have some targets with none or maybe a couple hits at 50 yards with are 249 SAW or full auto rental. We also might skip in an employees target that didn’t do so well on a qualification the owner requires to carry

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Sadly true

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Saw an article shortages because of Day of Terror. Oddly enough the only thing I have found hard to come by is 20 gauge shot gun shells.

just recently I ordered a case of 9mm Hi-shok as in the classic stuff just to have on hand.
    I have a Mossberg SA-20 I'm trying to keep fed, and I can tell you that 20 gauge in anything useful for defense has been few and far between for at least the last year - so it isn't tied in with the 'Day of Jihad' or whatever they call it

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I heard about a friend of my relative who owns a business, thinks he is good to go because he carries a gun every
    day and never shot that gun or any handgun in his life. :rolleyes:
    You have a lot of folks that fall into that.
    Wether new or folks that think they are “awesome” Firearms and or your sub 1 second draw or .12 splits alone do not ward off evil spirits.

All these folks carry guns but no pepper spray or flashlight where you’ll need one of those 2 100-1 over a firearm.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    You have a lot of folks that fall into that.
    Wether new or folks that think they are “awesome” Firearms and or your sub 1 second draw or .12 splits alone do not ward off evil spirits.

All these folks carry guns but no pepper spray or flashlight where you’ll need one of those 2 100-1 over a firearm.
    Exactly there are so many really affordable capable edc lights out there. Like you said needing a flashlight does not even have to be a defense situation. Just makes sense to have one. But then again so does training, dry fire etc and very few do that.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    I have a Mossberg SA-20 I'm trying to keep fed, and I can tell you that 20 gauge in anything useful for defense has been few and far between for at least the last year - so it isn't tied in with the 'Day of Jihad' or whatever they call it
    Yeah they seem to be harder to find than a unicorn. And I thought 410s were hard to find.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    1697595458898.png

I will trot this out again though I know the article is far too long for most to bother reading.

Top Bottom