• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johwar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2020
    Elwood
    I just want to comment on this new law letting individuals 18 and over being allowed to carry a gun .I think kids will buy guns and carry them , and a whole bunch of kids getting shot.They are going to carry them for flashing them to their friends and you are going to get a bunch of accidental shootings and deaths.The ANTI-GUN group is going to have a FIELD DAY with this.Gives them a I told you so moment , and the PRESS will have a FIELD DAY too. And this with a NO LICENSE REQUIRED and NO TRAINING , I think this might be the end for anybody to carry , BRADY GROUP is probably SMILING as I am writing this.Their thoughts are give them what they want and watch them run themselfs in the ground , but the sad fact is KIDS are going to die I believe.This is what I think is going to happen. I pray it doesnt but I am concerned.JUST MY THOUGHTS
    In all of the other states that have passed Constitutional Carry, nothing you say will happen has happened. Are Hoosiers more dangerous?

jkholmes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Mooreland
    Is a 19 year old less entitled to their rights than a 30 year old? While I did not have my carry permit when I was 18 (didn't live in IN at the time), I have handled firearms since I was old enough to remember. I have carried them in the woods. Isn't carrying them in the woods more difficult than walking down the street with a half way decent holster? Sorry, the OP's thought process just kind of ticks me off. And as several have mentioned, constitutional carry has already been done in 21 other states (almost HALF of the union) without any real increase in issues.

Freedom isn't safe. Take responsibility for yourself, help others, but realize that freedom takes work.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Reminds me of when my dad was getting old and feeble and my sister wanted to take his keys away. We all live in Indiana while he lived in Florida.

My brother responded, "Why? We don't know anyone down there..."

Some people see stuff happening on TV and think, "Wow, that could have been me."

Others will say, "Gee, I hope my situational awareness is better than that." Like that woman who was texting on her phone and walked into the active bank robbery and got shot 15 times for her trouble in Cincinnati. Folks, you can't fix stupid...

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    I pay more attention to how what values a young person is raised than his age. It’s the person, not the regulation. Many kids I know are more responsible than many adults I know. Gun handling included.

Refrigerator27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 18, 2022
    Noblesville
    Why stop with the 2nd amendment and make a age restriction on all our rights?

Rights don't stop where fear begins. imo every right such as voting, drinking (21st amendment), firearms (2nd obviously), etc should all start when you are 18. That's when you begin to pay taxes, why should you not be able to use the rest of your rights if you are already paying taxes.

Top Bottom