• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I didn't say "pretty sure" I said "clearly". It was clear what the guy was asking. I'm sure you've heard the term "Product Liability"? May be saberstar will chime in and clear it up for you. To me it seemed like you were making the guy out to be a yabo for a minor spelling error.

I'm sure nobody nobody cares too much what you are particular about.

OK, I just couldn't pass this up..."nobody nobody"? :D

I have heard of product liability, but how would that apply to the ammo in question? I think it's safe to say that more people are concerned about reliability than liability, when it comes to ammunition. I, too, hope saberstar will clear it up for us. ;)

Zachary8328

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    Nice. I would like to be able to find some 7.62x39 ammo here shortly. Up to the first of the year I could buy it like candy now it's scarce. I must not be looking in the right place

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center
    OK, I just couldn't pass this up..."nobody nobody"? :D

Just thought I'd throw you a little red meat.:D <crude insinuation deleted>

I have heard of product liability, but how would that apply to the ammo in question? I think it's safe to say that more people are concerned about reliability than liability, when it comes to ammunition. I, too, hope saberstar will clear it up for us. ;)

OK I'll play the game one more time...If some defective ammo damaged your gun, the foreign ammo maker might be Liable for damages, like ammo made in the USA.

Once again, He WROTE liability not
    reliability. Are spelling/grammar Nazis mind readers also?

I'm done. Carry on.:)

saberstar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Bloomington, IN
    Naw I was refering to LIABLITY. I just didnt know if all countries held to the same standards. I dont wanna be out at the range 15 miles away from the closest hospital when one of them blows up. All this foreign ammo that I had not heard of floating around. Or I guess I just live in a cave.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    If this stuff is made by Fiocchi, it should be good to go. They use quality components and load some great shooting ammo. I picked up a box of .45 and it looks like good stuff. I want to try the .223... If I can beat you guys to a box.:D

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I must be going to Walmart at the wrong times. Any advice, or is that a secret?

Its hit or miss. Sometimes there are lines of people waiting for the ammo cart to roll out in the morning... other times its just in the case. Depends on when the store stocks the case... and every store is different. Also depends if they get any actual quantity in on the truck or just a box or two.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have no first hand experience with Foreign ammo liability but I do have the information in the area of motorcycle helmets. There is a reason that NO motorcycle helmets are fully manufactured in the USA. We have no rights to sue foreign manufacturers. I spent some time with a helmet manufacturer in Illinios. At that time his main helmet line was in the $140 price point. He said because of obscene law suit settlements, his total insurance liability was pushing $100 PER HELMET. This made it almost impossible to stay in the helmet business. He lost too many cases where the guy was 3X legally drunk and died or the guy dies from 5 total fatal injuries and the lawyers and widows got multi million dollar settlements from the courts. That how Colorado and other commie states are going to take our guns away, open the courts to sue the manufacturer every time a criminal does something wrong.

By moving manufacturing to asia, and seperating the helmet line into a stand alone corporation, be could get by with almost no insurance. The likelyhood of a lawsuit drops to almost nill.

I'll bet that is not far from liability issues with ammunition manufacturers.

Legba

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Thought I would revive this thread. I bought 3 boxes a couple of weeks ago of the 170g, FMJ 40 cal. Lucked out cause it was the only pistol ammo in the case and it was what I needed. I've ran the 150rds through my G27 without a problem. Shoots good. If I can find it I'll buy it again.

1$Chuck

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus
    I shot some of the 223 over the weekend. It seamed like some really clean shooting ammo to me. Even when I punched out the primers there wasn't much residue left in the pockets.

Top Bottom