• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    No, those posts are not stupid. If that was the ONLY thing someone posted about, then yes, it would be stupid.

You're absolutely right about me not having the right to determine what someone posts. Freedom of speech only applies to the OP and those who agree with their posts.

Are you able to ignore me?
    I'm perfectly capable of ignoring anyone I choose. The reason in posting in this thread is that I don't want different subject matters banned because certain members have to wail and gnash their teeth until enough of an uproar has been created to make the mods grow tired of it. Maybe you haven't been around long enough but that is exactly how religion got banned from here.

I enjoy reading most of Rambone's threads. I don't agree with everything he says and I'm perfectly capable of forming my own opinions on his subjects. I don't have to shout from the rooftops that I disagree with some of his posts.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Do posts about bacon or status updates qualify as stupid?

The unrelenting threads about bacon are really annoying and that's why the mods tried to minimize them by creating one large thread, but unfortunately it didn't work.

The status update thread, while completely silly, is 1 damn thread that can easily be ignored.

Why can't the same be done for guberment intrusions? A new thread every hour about how someone was wronged just isn't necessary.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The unrelenting threads about bacon are really annoying and that's why the mods tried to minimize them by creating one large thread, but unfortunately it didn't work.

The status update thread, while completely silly, is 1 damn thread that can easily be ignored.

Why can't the same be done for guberment intrusions? A new thread every hour about how someone was wronged just isn't necessary.

That's my point. Those things can be easily ignored. I could care less if someone actually wanted to debate those they disagree with on the issues but that's not what's happening here. They are attempting to create a dog pile to shut others out.

I thought the whole bacon thing was a little cute at first but I simply choose to pass over those threads. Matter of fact, I think there's 2 of them on the first page of the break room now. The reason I bring those threads up is that many of Rambone's detractors want him silenced because they are not Indiana or gun issues. Yet if the thread subject doesn't offend them, they have no problem letting them be. It was agonizing taking that extra 2 tenths of a second to read the bacon thread titles but somehow I found the courage to keep on living. I've got guts, I tell you.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    I'm perfectly capable of ignoring anyone I choose. The reason in posting in this thread is that I don't want different subject matters banned because certain members have to wail and gnash their teeth until enough of an uproar has been created to make the mods grow tired of it. Maybe you haven't been around long enough but that is exactly how religion got banned from here.

I enjoy reading most of Rambone's threads. I don't agree with everything he says and I'm perfectly capable of forming my own opinions on his subjects. I don't have to shout from the rooftops that I disagree with some of his posts.

I just would like to see him do something about these issues. Organize a petition, a march, write your congressman/woman, encourage others to do the same. Putting it on a forum to "make others aware" can only work for so long. If your posts are effective, people will be on board when you try to make actual change. Like I said, I can search the internet and find all sorts of bad stories that make people feel bad and can support any agenda I have. I can add the tags that I want and I can choose to really do nothing about them.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I just would like to see him do something about these issues. Organize a petition, a march, write your congressman/woman, encourage others to do the same. Putting it on a forum to "make others aware" can only work for so long. If your posts are effective, people will be on board when you try to make actual change. Like I said, I can search the internet and find all sorts of bad stories that make people feel bad and can support any agenda I have. I can add the tags that I want and I can choose to really do nothing about them.

And he's stated before that he's involved in local politics, etc. I believe he is also an organizer for his local tea party. Do we have to show documentation or other proof of our actions for everything we say on this forum? How do I know you're a cop? Because you said so? I want to see a picture of you and your badge in your squad car in front of police headquarters to prove who you say you are on here. Is that what we really want? You have no idea what he does off of this forum but you know for sure that he isn't doing anything other than posting these threads.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    If your posts are effective, people will be on board when you try to make actual change.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

You want some receipts for the donations I have given to candidates? Want some phone number referrals of the folks I have campaigned door-to-door with? Want some video tapes of rallies I've helped with over the last 2 years? I come to INGO to remain motivated. I see all these gun-owners making excuses for tyranny and I know that our country is still very much in danger. Just a few minutes ago you said you had no problem if the government looked at your naked body. :n00b:

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Okay, first half of the video I'm telling myself "Wow, I want one of those trailers...when are then going to tell me where I can buy one..this is a trailor ad right?". Second half was disgusting, didn't quiet finish. The only public gatherings I really like are the ones that serve beer and in my book Bud and similar "grain waters" are not beer. The problem is if they are a beer gatherings I'm likely to inform them that they are terrorists, as they are the ones spreading terror amongst the populous.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I find it to be the height of irony to use an online forum to criticize others for wasting their time on online forums.

As one of my signature quotes reflect, the volume of Rambone's posts on these matters is a direct rebuttal of those who insist on seeing only isolated incidents.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Coming soon...
    precrime-2.jpg

& that is very scary!

I'm just guessing classes must have been canceled for you today

:faint: :sheep:

This is a stupid, stupid, stupid waste of money.

Oh not quite those "sponsoring companies" in the video have time time investment and lobbyist that will be pushing for this to pass and make BIG TIME $$$!

Same way those new scanners at the airports are making BIG TIME $$$ for the companies that pushed for them to be in there.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Same way those new scanners at the airports are making BIG TIME $$$ for the companies that pushed for them to be in there.

Don't forget all of the former DHS, FBI, CIA, and NSA that are now lobbyists for or sit on the board of all of these pop-up "security firms".

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    We already have a pre-crime division. It's called Malum Prohibitum law.

We think you might commit a crime against someone, so we'll just make the innocent activity associated with actual crime illegal.

The vast majority of people feel that these laws are great, because if they save just one life, then it's worth it.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Lie Detector equipment already can monitor galvanic skin response so this technology does not seem to much of a leap at all. Unfortunately, when someone is hooked up to the box the results are subjectively interpreted by the operator. I don't see how this is going to be much different. Nor any more reliable. Sad we have come to this point in our society.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    Lie Detector equipment already can monitor galvanic skin response so this technology does not seem to much of a leap at all. Unfortunately, when someone is hooked up to the box the results are subjectively interpreted by the operator. I don't see how this is going to be much different. Nor any more reliable. Sad we have come to this point in our society.

I was more frightened by the weird extra voice over during the first minute or so of the video. Way more creepy than the minority report in a singlewide.

I listened a few times to try to decode the secret messages, but I only caught something about how someone "looks like a fish". Anyone else able to transcribe it yet?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

I think the biggest leap they are taking is using "lie detectors" at checkpoints. None of this passes a 4th Amendment sniff test.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    I'm just going to apologize to you all right here for stepping out of line. Rambone, I know you try to make a positive difference, our opinions for the best way to do that are just different. I am leaving INGO as I feel like I've learned anything there is to learn here and obviously have nothing meaningful to contribute. Thanks for the 3 months of entertainment.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    I think the biggest leap they are taking is using "lie detectors" at checkpoints. None of this passes a 4th Amendment sniff test.

Yes, I believe it will pass the 4th amendment sniff test as people travelling voluntarily consent to these searches. Wanna ride a plane? get searched. Wanna ride a train? Get searched. These modes of transportation have arisen out of demand for speedier services. If a person elects you can slow mo travel by mule or horse or wagon but our lives and demands and expectations have changed over time. So has the interpretation of the 4th amendment.

Unreasonable? Yes, I would agree. Will the courts? Doubtful. The 4th amendment continues to erode the more we have large societal interactions taking place such as mass transit, sporting events and general areas where people choose to voluntarily congregate. And where large numbers of people congregate government will be right there to protect them from themselves.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    I'm just going to apologize to you all right here for stepping out of line. Rambone, I know you try to make a positive difference, our opinions for the best way to do that are just different. I am leaving INGO as I feel like I've learned anything there is to learn here and obviously have nothing meaningful to contribute. Thanks for the 3 months of entertainment.

:( Wonder how many don't leave an exit post, they have just had enough and never come back. Really kind of a shame.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Yes, I believe it will pass the 4th amendment sniff test as people travelling voluntarily consent to these searches. Wanna ride a plane? get searched. Wanna ride a train? Get searched. These modes of transportation have arisen out of demand for speedier services. If a person elects you can slow mo travel by mule or horse or wagon but our lives and demands and expectations have changed over time. So has the interpretation of the 4th amendment.

Unreasonable? Yes, I would agree. Will the courts? Doubtful. The 4th amendment continues to erode the more we have large societal interactions taking place such as mass transit, sporting events and general areas where people choose to voluntarily congregate. And where large numbers of people congregate government will be right there to protect them from themselves.

If you agree that the searches are unreasonable... and you agree that they are breaking the 4th amendment... then why write up an argument that will convince people reading this otherwise? I never understand that. God knows that the local statists want to believe that it is patriotic to search their fellow citizens.

Probable cause or a warrant. That's it.

Being in public doesn't give probable cause to suspect you of a crime.

Riding a bus doesn't give probable cause to suspect you of a crime.

Taking a train doesn't give probable cause to suspect you of a crime.

Flying in a plane doesn't give probable cause to suspect you of a crime.

Going to a football game doesn't give probable cause to suspect you of a crime.

Going to the mall doesn't give probable cause to suspect you of a crime.

Driving your car on the street doesn't give probable cause to suspect you of a crime.

Leaving your house doesn't give probable cause to suspect you of a crime.

Top Bottom