• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Check out these new devices that Homeland Security will be deploying on airports and bus stations in the near future. They line you up at a checkpoint, then hook you up to a machine and tell you to sit very still, then they start interrogating you, asking you personal questions mixed with the occasional question about a bomb. Their machines stare at your sweat glands and can tell if you will commit a crime in the future.

The program is called FAST (Future Attribute Screening Technology).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wqooBmYfQ4"]YouTube - "FAST" Coming to an Airport near YOU! - Future Attribute Screening Technology: The Machine That Reads (Malintent) Minds![/ame]

Last edited:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    What happens if you're nervous? What if it's hot outside and you're sweating? What if someone decides to exercise their 5th Amendment rights? What if they've been trained to not show the effects the machines are looking for? What if the software doesn't work right?

This is a stupid, stupid, stupid waste of money.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Any event that puts one of those out front will not be receiving any money from me.

I agree. People are posting their cute little videos and one liners when its obvious they didn't watch the video produced by DHS. Funny, they are paying the same share to make the video as you and I.

I wonder if they would proudly be herded into a box car like this before they are given permission to go to a Colts game? Maybe they are the slackjaws that make it on the evening news who are "astounded" this is going on in 'Merica. The DHS video specifically states sporting events.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    I agree. People are posting their cute little videos and one liners when its obvious they didn't watch the video produced by DHS. Funny, they are paying the same share to make the video as you and I.

I wonder if they would proudly be herded into a box car like this before they are given permission to go to a Colts game? Maybe they are the slackjaws that make it on the evening news who are "astounded" this is going on in 'Merica. The DHS video specifically states sporting events.

They must have gotten confused and thought this was one of the INGO contest submission threads. (After hearing the first guy talk he might be kinda slow ;))

Wrong thread, guys. But, thanks for posting your home videos.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Any event that puts one of those out front will not be receiving any money from me.

Despite my smarta$$ comment, I agree with you. My comment is more intended to point out the stupid posts that Rambone consistently puts on a gun ownership site. I'm sure there are forums out there for people who hate the government and anything the government does and this would have a better audience there.

I am fine with the scanning devices at airports. They are quick and not invasive (I don't give a crap if someone can see under my clothes). There is no way this device would be quick, I just don't see why it's on a gun forum.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    Despite my smarta$$ comment, I agree with you. My comment is more intended to point out the stupid posts that Rambone consistently puts on a gun ownership site. I'm sure there are forums out there for people who hate the government and anything the government does and this would have a better audience there.

I am fine with the scanning devices at airports. They are quick and not invasive (I don't give a crap if someone can see under my clothes). There is no way this device would be quick, I just don't see why it's on a gun forum.

If you are here ONLY to chat about guns then skip the "General POLITICAL Discussion" section. :twocents:

/hopefully ending thread jacks

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

, I just don't see why it's on a gun forum.

Its on a politics forum, and we're discussing tax dollars and government policies.

And since we all supposedly support the 2nd Amendment; I would home that most of us would support the 4th Amendment as well.

Obviously we all don't though.

I am fine with the scanning devices at airports. They are quick and not invasive (I don't give a crap if someone can see under my clothes).

:n00b:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

Do posts about bacon or status updates qualify as stupid?

Unless your user name states administrator or moderator under it, you have no business determining what others can or can't post. there are several subjects on here that I have zero interest in. I guess I'll head over to the cutting edge subforum and berate everyone there for discussing knives on a gun forum.

I'll ask for the millionth time here. Are we not all adult enough to ignore people we don't want to talk to?

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    If you are here ONLY to chat about guns then skip the "General POLITICAL Discussion" section. :twocents:

/hopefully ending thread jacks

It falls under the new threads area. I don't visit the individual sections.

Rambone has brought up legitimate concerns in the past but his ratio is getting worse recently by bringing up garbage that is supposedly going to affect us all. Perhaps we should start posting threads every time a citizen crosses the line and ask what the world has come to. I'll start:

Delaware crime: Dover man wanted in rape of 10-year-old | delawareonline.com | The News Journal

Can you believe this crap? Obviously, you citizens want this crap to continue based on your continuing to live here in the US. This criminal state is on my last nerve. Who is going to do something about this?

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Do posts about bacon or status updates qualify as stupid?

Unless your user name states administrator or moderator under it, you have no business determining what others can or can't post. there are several subjects on here that I have zero interest in. I guess I'll head over to the cutting edge subforum and berate everyone there for discussing knives on a gun forum.

I'll ask for the millionth time here. Are we not all adult enough to ignore people we don't want to talk to?

No, those posts are not stupid. If that was the ONLY thing someone posted about, then yes, it would be stupid.

You're absolutely right about me not having the right to determine what someone posts. Freedom of speech only applies to the OP and those who agree with their posts.

Are you able to ignore me?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It falls under the new threads area. I don't visit the individual sections.

Rambone has brought up legitimate concerns in the past but his ratio is getting worse recently by bringing up garbage that is supposedly going to affect us all. Perhaps we should start posting threads every time a citizen crosses the line and ask what the world has come to. I'll start:

Delaware crime: Dover man wanted in rape of 10-year-old | delawareonline.com | The News Journal

Can you believe this crap? Obviously, you citizens want this crap to continue based on your continuing to live here in the US. This criminal state is on my last nerve. Who is going to do something about this?

Admittedly, my computer skills are pretty weak. But doesn't one have to physically manipulate a device and hover over a thread title and click a button to see what the contents of that thread are?

Top Bottom