• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I believe War Path is merely trolling, but Lakota Man is an unironic moron.
    Yup . . . he trolled him to prove how clueless Lakota Man is about firearms. Lakota Man had been making all sorts of wild claims about AR-15s touting having been in the USAF as a claim to expertise with the M16 and firearms in general. Lakota Man took the bait and demonstrated is complete ignorance.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Why, oh WHY can't we get a little bit of this in Indiana!?

I keep waiting for a reason to have faith in our elected 'leaders'. I see things happening elsewhere. WHY not here?

(Full disclosure: I gave up a long time ago, and stopped even looking. I'm kind of hoping someone will point out how things have changed since I gave up.)

There's a house bill (HB1117) just entered this month in the state legislature to do just that . . . banning all Indiana state and local government employees from aiding or assisting Federal agents (ATF, FBI etc.) with gun laws unless it involves something that is also illegal under state law. See the thread on Indiana legislation. Needs hearing in committee and a vote to get it out of committee.

Last edited:

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    So… this last December 7th I joined the ranks of partially disabled.
    Had a boo-boo at work that resulted in destroying my right bicep ligament.
    Got a case of “popeye arm”. I’m right handed so now my dominant hand is limited in functionality.
    I’m not doing too bad but… things are different now.
    I “had” plans to modify one of my boom sticks to accommodate my situation and make it easier to operate.
    I sold it instead.

Thanks “AFT” once again you’ve managed to f**k over someone who could’ve benefited from an accessory that made life easier.
    Bunch of Dicks.

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    There's a house bill (HB1117) just entered this month in the state legislature to do just that . . . banning all Indiana state and local government employees from aiding or assisting Federal agents (ATF, FBI etc.) with gun laws unless it involves something that is also illegal under state law. See the thread on Indiana legislation. Needs hearing in committee and a vote to get it out of committee.
    Thank you for that speck of light. I needed that.

Seriously. I'll take a look, and watch it going forward.

bobcoop06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Marshall County
    You can't register a frame for free. It has to be a pistol, and only a pistol with a brace. I wish it were a free-for-all SBR registration, but the tax exemption is geared toward AR/AK style firearms (mostly) with pistol braces. A few exceptions but unfortunately a TC Contender probably isn't one. That would be cool though.
    Yep. I have a stack of stripped lowers and had originally planned on building one or two as pistols. I thought about registering them and then just going SBR with the "free" tax stamp. But when you start the process, you have to certify that you ALREADY possess a pistol with a barrel less than 16" with an attached brace. And provide a photo. That's a big nope. I don't have any built, so I'm not going to self-certify the commission of a felony.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I got rid of my braces, personal preference.
    I don't want to stamp something that doesn't work for me, but this is wrong and has been for 90 years.
    I'd like to shoot next to an ATF agent and blow out his eardrums. If he complaines, I'd tell him don't regulate suppressors or shut up.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I got rid of my braces, personal preference.
    I don't want to stamp something that doesn't work for me, but this is wrong and has been for 90 years.
    I'd like to shoot next to an ATF agent and blow out his eardrums. If he complaines, I'd tell him don't regulate suppressors or shut up.
    I dont recall learning in school that ATF agents made Federal Law.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    And it appeared that all this wasn't anything to do with legality of braces, seems more in the speeches it was about lost revenues.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    And it appeared that all this wasn't anything to do with legality of braces, seems more in the speeches it was about lost revenues.
    Revenue just an excuse. We all know that the order came from the White House. Biden wants all guns banned and can’t get it done through congress so just give the ATF the order to ban legal or not.

Top Bottom