• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    If you fail the check that means you are a prohibited person, so it doesn't matter if the rifle you have has been made into an SBR yet or not, you are a felon (or other prohibited person) in possession of a firearm. How do they handle that now?

Yes it does matter. The former was sold to you after completing a 4473, to the best of your knowledge you are legal to possess a firearm.

If you get declined on an NFA application, when you're already in possession of an NFA firearm, you're unlawfully in possession of an NFA item and the ATF now has evidence to pursue you. And if they do pursue you, you will lose your firearms rights entirely.

How do they handle that? Ask the people at Waco... Oh wait, they're dead.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Dont hold your breath. All three branches of .gov have let them for a decade or more.
    Lets hope that suddenly changes. (But I wont hold my breath because good conservatives are afraid to vote against crap like this because "for the children". (as they will be vilified by the leftitsts and therefore afraid they wont be re-elected)
    Plus, the guys with guns and handcuffs won’t care if the reason they are arresting you was done via bureaucrat or by congress. You won’t get a more comfy jail cell and will probably have your life turned upside down just the same. The people that do this stuff know it’s not a bug in the system, it’s a feature they like to exploit.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I wonder where the legal challenges are on this? Do they have to wait on the official date of publication in the Federal Register?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I wonder where the legal challenges are on this? Do they have to wait on the official date of publication in the Federal Register?
    Yes. You cant sue until its official.

Just like you cant sue your neighbor for hitting you until he does, even though he promised he will do it soon.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Military Arms Channel posted a video this morning on YouTube. It is about how imported pistols after removal of the brace will not be 922R compliant and will have to be destroyed. Page 247 in the rule. I tried to post a link, but it doesn't seem to be working.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Military Arms Channel posted a video this morning on YouTube. It is about how imported pistols after removal of the brace will not be 922R compliant and will have to be destroyed. Page 247 in the rule. I tried to post a link, but it doesn't seem to be working.
    Try the "media" button, if you don't see it click the 3 dots by insert image.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    That was painful. Paging any of our attorneys: isn't ex post facto still a thing?

Top Bottom