• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Nothing new to see there for me... That's been my position since the day I realized the absurdity of expecting criminals to obey restrictive gun laws that only diminish or completely take away law-abiding citizens' best means of self-defense.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I've already complied. I've sold all of my gun in a private sale.

i don't have any

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I've already complied. I've sold all of my gun in a private sale.

i don't have any

You're doing it wrong. We need to start a new organization, call it Planned Statism, and kill anti-Constitution people and sell them for parts. After all, those of the same general political persuasion seem to think that it's OK to do that!

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    This is exactly the reason we have such a sad excuse for political discourse in this country. You want to know why politics has become such a cluster****? I'm sure the refusal to listen to the other side and the copious amounts of sarcasm people are trying to pass for intelligent discussion are contributing factors.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This is exactly the reason we have such a sad excuse for political discourse in this country. You want to know why politics has become such a cluster****? I'm sure the refusal to listen to the other side and the copious amounts of sarcasm people are trying to pass for intelligent discussion are contributing factors.

Like this?

:D

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    You're doing it wrong. We need to start a new organization, call it Planned Statism, and kill anti-Constitution people and sell them for parts. After all, those of the same general political persuasion seem to think that it's OK to do that!

Lol, I like it. Just remember the hearts won't be worth anything, as they are all bleeding, and there won't be any brains.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

The argument is inappropriate when made in response to an honest argument from the other side. His point is that the other sides position has a sinister motive, and their arguments are dishonest. They are essentially saying "F you" when they make those arguments, so why not respond in kind. The dishonest fun control people hold political office, work in the media, or teach at university. They are all statists. The honest ones are your well-intentioned sister in law who's been duped.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    When you have been backed to the cliff it is appropriate to refuse any further retrograde progress. So F*** you, back off; seems to be a reasonable level of discourse at this point.

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    The argument is inappropriate when made in response to an honest argument from the other side. His point is that the other sides position has a sinister motive, and their arguments are dishonest. They are essentially saying "F you" when they make those arguments, so why not respond in kind. The dishonest fun control people hold political office, work in the media, or teach at university. They are all statists. The honest ones are your well-intentioned sister in law who's been duped.

#1 Saying **** you is not an argument. It is a statement.

"An Iargument is a series of statements typically used to persuade someone of something or to present reasons for accepting a conclusion."

#2 What I said applies to both sides of an argument.

Last edited:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

All arguments are statements. It's a statement used to sway opinion, score points in a debate, or simply get your point across.

You're right, though, I could have worded that better.

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    And will saying **** you sway opinions, score points in a debate or get your point across (gun control is BS)? I don't think so.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

What you're saying is true on several subjects. However, not with guns. Because "our side" has resolved that "**** YOU" is the appropriate response, does not mean we aren't listening to their side. I've heard it. I fully understand their position. Years ago I was kinda one of them. And it's not for the lack of them not listening to our side. They've listened, they understand our position, and they don't agree with it. Not even a little.

Both sides are ideologically opposed. It is impossible to find common ground. There is no point shared between guns and no guns. And they aren't really seeking common ground. To them, compromise means we go through a series of iterations where we incrementally give a little gaining nothing in return, until they have 100% of what they want, which is European style gun laws. They concede not one square inch of what they've already won. We concede not one square inch of what we have left, and what we've won back from them.

We're at the point of **** YOU because that's all that's left of this argument. They nickle and dime silly laws into the books, like bullet buttons and magazine restrictions and bans on even possessing a hollow point bullet! They want laws that don't do anything to end violence, but only punish gun owners because they think it's our fault that ***** ass *****es walk into theaters and shoot up the place. They think it's our fault that inner city kids with no nuclear family join gangs and kill each other. They blame us for gun violence and seek laws to punish us. "**** YOU" is EXACTLY the response to that. And not just "**** YOU", but "**** YOU" in your left eye socket! (rhetorical 'you', of course)

"An Iargument is a series of statements typically used to persuade someone of something or to present reasons for accepting a conclusion."

As noted above, at some point, "**** YOU" may be the only reasonable reply to an unreasonable argument. And if "**** YOU" is just a statement, then let's just keep repeating it so that it will be a "series of statements".

Top Bottom