• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County
    Pit bull fatally shot after allegedly attacking dog, invading home | WHAS11 Louisville, Kentucky and Indiana News | Local News
    Good Shoot!

(WHAS11) - New Albany police are investigating what they described as a pit bull home invasion.

Two pit bulls attacked a neighbor's Irish setter, even chasing the dog into the neighbor's home.

The whole encounter is being called a freaky incident. Apparently all three dogs co-existed peacefully for the past 13 months.

The owner of two pit bulls says his dogs were never violent around other dogs or people.

But something triggered an attack Monday that ended with one dog being mauled and another dog being fatally shot.

In a matter of seconds, a peaceful relationship separated by a backyard fence turned violent.

Albert Cross's two pit bull mix dogs, Sampson and Daniel dug out of their fence and attacked an Irish setter named Mufasa, who was in the yard next door.

Mufasa's owner, who doesn't to be identified, said she heard a noise in her back yard, then looked out to see her dog being attacked by the two pit bulls.

“I just scared me so bad because they were treating him like a rag doll,” she says.

She said she ran outside to try to break it up.

“I was screaming bloody murder. I was screaming. My friend was in the shower. He didn't know what was going on,” she says.

She managed to free her dog.

“I ran into the house. The back door was open and then they all came in,” she says.

The woman managed to get Sampson out of her house, but as for Daniel, she says he continued to chase Mufasa.

“The black one was coming back in. He was coming back in after him. The police officer says when they taste the blood, they're ready to kill and turn on you too,” she says.

The woman's friend, who had just left the shower, grabbed his handgun and shot and killed Daniel as police say he tried to get back into the house.

Mufasa received multiple stitches for his injuries.

Cross has agreed to pay the vet bill and to give Sampson to a family that lives out in the country.

He says he had already planned to give the dogs away before Monday's incident because he felt like they needed more room to play.

Police say that it has been their experience that multiple pit bulls living together can sometimes exhibit pack mentality which can result in attacks.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    WTF...give to a family out in the country because they needed more room to "play"?
    Like that will solve the problem. IMO thats just what the "country" needs is a free range pit bull. Not! Responsible pet ownership requires you to be in control of your animal at all times.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    Always hate to hear this kind of story, the "good" points I saw was that the owners seem to agree on the outcome.
    You see many owners trying to justify or place blame. I think this owner is handleing it the best he can. Not being upset over the dog that was killed, getting rid of the other dog and apparently paying the vet bills without objection.
    Of course they will make this about pit bulls.... Even though that dog is by no means a pit bull. They can make it about the dogs if they want to, the owner is at fault!

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    I've had many pitbulls and NONE of them have ever been violent towards people or other dogs. It pisses me off when they say its a pitbull attack. They stated that the dogs are pitbull mix. Thats like saying Obama is a black. He's not 100% black... But its never going to change. They could be a quarter pitbull and the media will still say that it was the pitbull side that did the attacking.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LubpkMED7g4]YouTube - THE REAL PIT BULL THE WAY THEY WERE INTENDED[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg4I5m8RAIs]YouTube - pitbull fighting back[/ame]

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I love animals and harbor no ill will toward any dog, even pit bulls or rotties. I've met many that seemed to be as docile and sweet as well mannered labs. And the puppies are cute as hell.

That being said, I will kill any large dog that seriously attacks me or mine, and the owner can do the shovel work..........

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Thats just what we need... pit bulls to get put in the wild, breed and become over populated. That would give the coyotes some competition.

I have seen both sides of the story...some pit bulls that have been trained very well and are wonderful pets/dog, others that have no training, and have been abused. If pit bulls are not givin the proper training and attention as puppies, they can become mean. But that goes for just about any breed of dog.

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    The meanest dog that Ive ever encountered was a cocker spaniel. I was bitten as a small child by the stupid dog. the meanest thing my roomates pitt bull does to me is try to steal my blankets while im sleeping. I dont mean taking them, i mean sneaking into my bed and hogging them.

Mikeh82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    My parents live in the neighborhood where this happen.. I was almost attacked by the same pits a month ago.. I drew my gun but backed my way into the house before they attacked.. I called the police but I dont know what ended up happening..
    Also just the day before the shooting happen one of those pits attacked a old ladies dog that was walking in front of my parents house.. A guy jumped out of his car and grabbed the pit and the pit was calm after being grabbed by the guy..

Im glad these dogs are finaly off the street.. I think the owner should be charged with something.. If I knew these dogs were going to cause this much trouble I would have shot them when I had the chance.... Being in the middle of the city, I want to make sure it is considered a clean shot..

Top Bottom