• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Not sure where this fits, so here's where I'm putting it.

Tinman....

Some facts:

08:46:30 American Flight 11 crashes into the north tower (WTC 1)
    09:02:59 United Flight 175 crashes into the south tower (WTC 2)
    09:37:46 American Flight 77 crashes into the Pentagon
    09:59:00 WTC 2 collapses
    10:03:11 United Flight 93 crashes in a Pennsylvania field
    10:28:00 WTC 1 collapses
    17:20:00 7 WTC collapses due to damage from the collapse of the twin towers

Fatalities (excluding hijackers)

New York City

World Trade Center
    2,603 died and another 24 remain listed as missing
    1 death from lung cancer later ruled as caused by WTC dust
    American 11
    United 175

Arlington

Pentagon
    American 77

Shanksville

United 93

Total

2,974 died and another 24 remain listed as missing

The following are lyrics from a song that didn’t get quite as much air time. It is set to the tune of silent night:

Silent Night:

You say you will never forget where you were when you heard the news on September 11, 2001.
    Neither will I.
    I was on the 110th floor in a smoke filled room with a man who called his wife to say, "Good-bye."
    I held his fingers steady as he dialed
    I gave him the peace to say, "Honey, I am not going to make it, but it is OK...I am ready to go."
    I was with his wife when he called as she fed breakfast to their children.
    I held her up as she tried to understand his words and as she realized he wasn't coming home that night.
    I was in the stairwell of the 23rd floor
    when a woman cried out for Me for help.
    "I have been knocking on the door of your heart for 50 years!"
    I said, "Of course I will show you the way home -
    only believe in Me now."
    I was at the base of the building with the Priest
    ministering to the injured and devastated souls.
    I took him home to tend to his Flock in Heaven.
    He heard my voice and answered.
    I was on four of those planes, in every seat, with every prayer.
    I was with the crew as they were overtaken.
    I was in the very hearts of the believers there, comforting and assuring them that their faith has saved them.
    I was in Texas, Kansas, London. I was standing next to you when you heard the terrible news. Did you sense Me?
    I want you to know that I saw every face.
    I knew every name - though not all know Me.
    Some met me for the first time on the 86th floor.
    Some sought Me with their last breath.
    Some couldn't hear Me calling to them
    through the smoke and flames;
    "Come to Me...this way...take My hand."
    Some chose, for the final time, to ignore Me.
    But, I was there.
    I did not place you in the tower that day.
    You may not know why, but I do.
    However, if you were there in that explosive moment in time, would you have reached for Me?
    September 11, 2001 was not the end of the journey for you.
    But someday your journey will end.
    And I will be there for you as well.
    Seek Me now while I may be found.
    Then, at any moment, you know you are "ready to go."
    I will be in the stairwell of your final moments.
    Remember...I love you

9-11.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Colossians 3:13
    Matthew 18:21-22
    Luke 6:37
    Matthew 6:14-16
    Mark 11:25

I'm not a particularly religious fellow, but I believe there is something to be said for forgiveness.

Romans 12:19

Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    With you there Hickman.

Bigus_D,

I am a follower of God. I’ve read those passages, and not just because you posted them.

Unfortunately, I’m a man, sinful in nature, and I guess I’ll say the edges are too sharp, the wounds are too deep and the blood still flows too freely for me to overcome and forgive.

For now, I’ll just have to trust that the infallible God has forgiven if it is appropriate, and will forgive me when I get there.

Tinman....

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I don't mean to suggest that I am in any way holier than thou... I don't believe I have truely found forgiveness. My point is only that forgiveness is the Christian way. To abandon our values is to lose the war. (Though the quoted passages probably say it better than I)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    With you there Hickman.

Bigus_D,

I am a follower of God. I’ve read those passages, and not just because you posted them.

Unfortunately, I’m a man, sinful in nature, and I guess I’ll say the edges are too sharp, the wounds are too deep and the blood still flows too freely for me to overcome and forgive.

For now, I’ll just have to trust that the infallible God has forgiven if it is appropriate, and will forgive me when I get there.

Tinman....

I don't mean to suggest that I am in any way holier than thou... I don't believe I have truely found forgiveness. My point is only that forgiveness is the Christian way. To abandon our values is to lose the war. (Though the quoted passages probably say it better than I)

I understand, but I'm with Tinman. I don't yet have the strength to forgive. I will never forget. I don't think I have the will or the power to forgive. Maybe one day, but I can't see that day in my future.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

Same as the others, I understand what you are saying. I too am a Christian, but still in no way perfect and not found forgiveness in my heart yet.

nalees

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    West Lafayette, IN
    I understand, but I'm with Tinman. I don't yet have the strength to forgive. I will never forget. I don't think I have the will or the power to forgive. Maybe one day, but I can't see that day in my future.

Same as the others, I understand what you are saying. I too am a Christian, but still in no way perfect and not found forgiveness in my heart yet.

If you're flying the flag of the Christian faith, you shouldn't be relying on your own strength to "find" forgiveness. You should be able to forgive anyone because of the great depth of forgiveness that we have received through Christ's shed blood on the cross. It's not about "finding the strength" to forgive, it's about being humble and realizing how proud that statement is. You can forgive because God forgave you for far more than what you need to forgive them for. Praise God for that! :)

:patriot: :twocents:

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I guess I am too old school in my religion. I worship the Savior that overturned the tables of the money changers. He took a whip and beat them out of the temple. I also remember the wrath of our Father in the Old Testament. It used to be that being a God Fearing Man was a compliment. Now it is simply old fashioned and out of style with the modern church. But give me that old time religion.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    The people who did this have to express sincere remorse for their actions before I could even begin to think about forgiving them.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    The people who did this have to express sincere remorse for their actions before I could even begin to think about forgiving them.

What he said, I was born and raised Christian but, being so Patriotic, I just wants to kick their *** every time I think about what they did. There will be a time for forgiveness, but not for a long, long time.:patriot:

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County

What he said, I was born and raised Christian but, being so Patriotic, I just wants to kick their *** every time I think about what they did. There will be a time for forgiveness, but not for a long, long time.:patriot:

I agree with above, and I feel the same way. I'll always remember, will never forget. And if I do ever forgive them, it'll be a long time. I'm sure to some degree that God will understand my feelings. :patriot:

Top Bottom