Neighbor complained about shooting, threatened to call Sheriff, LAKE COUNTY question!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andyland

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    Indiana rocks.
    I had a class III dealer once, that owned an MG42.
    Said he could shoot anything he wanted behind his barn, but the minute he got the 42 out the sheriffs deputies showed up, and wanted to shoot it too.
    Ahh the good old days when we could afford a K of ammo.

I have a registered full auto.
    Moved to god's country (Kosciusko Co.) where I had room and could shoot.
    Went to talk to my new neighbor about a tractor(IH) carburetor issue.
    He asked if I had a Machine gun, I had shot the weekend before (never before 10 am).
    I told him I was legal, he replied "I don't care, as long as you don't shoot at my horses we will be fine".

Andyland

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    This one time, In Indiana, on Christmas eve.
    the weather was about 7 below zero, and it was going to get down to 20 below that night. I had a 40,000 pound payloader and the antifreeze was only good to 7 below.
    So I am on top of this beast, in horrible wind, pouring antifreeze into the radiator, with my leg wrapped around the vertical exhaust pipe trying not to get blown off. In the middle of this ordeal, I hear a .30 cal machine gun off to my left, then a few minutes later I hear a .223 machine gun off to my right. And I think, it is 7 below with a 25 below wind chill and these fools are out playing with machine guns, they are crazier than me. I tell this story about a year later to my boss lady, who happens to live close by. She admitted one of them was her husband.
    Indiana is cool.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Just came upon this posting... but I live in the country as it were and I have a neighbor that calls every time I shoot. I finally got a deputy out here that told him it was not only legal, but my right.

Now he has other people call. Real pain in the back side. All I was doing was test firing an AR that I had problems with the last time. Not shooting for distance or firing for effect. Just wanting to see why it wouldn't shoot more than two rounds in a row.

Been here 11 years... neighbor has been here six. Still get the boys in brown out here if I decide to pop a couple caps. If I was set up and could get a range built we would play meet the lawyer, but I don't have the room so I just wait for the doorbell once I am done.

Same neighbor yelled at the longest resident for using a BB gun. I need more land... where I can't see people at all.

Good luck with your issues. Makes it really hard to enjoy living in a place with a neighbor who is a pain.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Just came upon this posting... but I live in the country as it were and I have a neighbor that calls every time I shoot. I finally got a deputy out here that told him it was not only legal, but my right.

Now he has other people call. Real pain in the back side. All I was doing was test firing an AR that I had problems with the last time. Not shooting for distance or firing for effect. Just wanting to see why it wouldn't shoot more than two rounds in a row.

Been here 11 years... neighbor has been here six. Still get the boys in brown out here if I decide to pop a couple caps. If I was set up and could get a range built we would play meet the lawyer, but I don't have the room so I just wait for the doorbell once I am done.

Same neighbor yelled at the longest resident for using a BB gun. I need more land... where I can't see people at all.

Good luck with your issues. Makes it really hard to enjoy living in a place with a neighbor who is a pain.

we need to head out to your place for a 21 tannerite salute.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Well I've shot a few times since he called and threatened to call the sheriff. BUT none of the shooting sessions have been longer than 45 minutes, mainly due to the heat/humidity making it miserable to be outside.

45? I take the trash out and feel like I need IV fluids.

kcw12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2008

File a harassment charge with the PD. Or do what i do, Boys in brown show up come around the side unarmed invite them back. Then ask them why they're there. Then when your not violating any laws continue

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County

Save all your pseudofed packaging from cold/flu season, deposit it in your neighbors trash, then call the police and complain of a foul chemical smell coming from his house. That should give him something else to worry about for a while.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Save all your pseudofed packaging from cold/flu season, deposit it in your neighbors trash, then call the police and complain of a foul chemical smell coming from his house. That should give him something else to worry about for a while.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: rep :+1:

Top Bottom