• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    Hey guys! I've been running Windows 10 for a little while now. (Bought a Samsung TabPro S). Was in the middle of working and my Bluetooth mouse stopped working. Didn't think it was battery related, but I replaced them anyhow. No dice. Went into my network connections to reset them, and to my surprise, there is no longer any Bluetooth setting. Great. Went into my device manager and there's no Bluetooth driver to be found. Poof. This thing has no USB ports, so I can't just plug and play a mouse. I hate trackpads. Any ideas? Really makes things take longer than they need to. :wallbash:

P.S. Can't find the driver online to reinstall either.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    have you done an actual reboot? Not just a sleep/wake cycle?

if you go into device manager, do you even have a bluetooth device listed? If not, any devices listed under the big yellow question mark?

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Not that you want to hear this kind of advice, but do you by chance have access to an 8.1 or even 7 install disk? Going retro might save you a lot of heartache in the long run.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Check for a wireless NIC adapter driver. Most of the time, the devices are one in the same. Updating or even just reloading it can detect the bluetooth side of things.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Not that you want to hear this kind of advice, but do you by chance have access to an 8.1 or even 7 install disk? Going retro might save you a lot of heartache in the long run.

More and more new devices are shipping with drivers that are not compatible with prior versions of windows. We ran into some new Dell hardware that wouldnt image right under 7 due to lack of 7 drivers. :xmad:

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    Yes. I've done complete power cycles. Restart. Power off. Power On.

No Bluetooth device listed at all in the device manager. No yellow question marks or anything.

I did some digging and found out it's supposed to be a Qualcomm Atheros, but still can't find it online to download.

I was running 8.1 on my main PC, but there are no install disks. It's partitioned as a recovery on the drive. Even if I did, I would need an external drive to run the discs.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If it doesn't exist in device manager drivers are not the issue. It's essentially unplugged as far as windows is concerned. Are there any buttons on the keyboard that look like they'd turn on or off wireless or bluetooth?

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    If it doesn't exist in device manager drivers are not the issue. It's essentially unplugged as far as windows is concerned. Are there any buttons on the keyboard that look like they'd turn on or off wireless or bluetooth?

I pretty sure there is supposed to be a Bluetooth driver. If the driver disappeared, that would be the issue.

Other that for airplane mode, there are no quick keys. There's not even a Bluetooth toggle in the network settings anymore. :(

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I pretty sure there is supposed to be a Bluetooth driver. If the driver disappeared, that would be the issue.

Other that for airplane mode, there are no quick keys. There's not even a Bluetooth toggle in the network settings anymore. :(
    I think terminology. There is a physical piece of hardware that does bluetooth. Windows has to see that physical piece before it will need a driver. The driver simply tells windows how to talk to the piece of hardware. If there are no entries in the device manager for unknown, other, or not working devices, then a driver is useless as there is no hardware being recognized by windows as something it should communicate with. As I said, it sounds like the bluetooth hardware isn't even being seen by windows thus all the missing bluetooth options and a driver won't resolve the issue as there is nothing to talk to. Have you tried toggling your airplane mode switch? Being that the device is new, it might be something to ask Samsung about.

One more thing I forgot to ask, did you look through the windows event logs for any errors?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    its official. You're F'd.

:):

Time for a call to Samsung as it sounds like the chipset could be taking a dirt nap.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I am still running 7--because I can...no new devices that won't run on it, so I'm sticking to it like fur on a bear until I just can't anymore.

I do remember my machine losing its bluetooth a while back. Found the laptop's manual online, looked through it...and all I found was airplane mode on/off. So, in a "why not" kind of mood, I toggled airplane on, restarted, toggled it off, restarted... and BOOM, there was bluetooth back and working like nothing had happened. No idea why it worked, but it did. Give 'er a try, see what happens??

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Not exactly. There are cases where the device is just not enumerated. When an incorrect driver is loaded, this can happen. I used to see it all the time on XP with multi-port serial adapters. If the single port adapter was loaded, it just wouldn't show the other ports. With Bluetooth being integrated into the NIC, I'd be updating that driver. Just had this exact problem on a Win8 Dell Venue.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    If that were the case, there'd never be any updates. Something gets screwed up and what do we do.... reinstall. Most of that stuff is 3rd party anyway.

Beyond that, it could be BIOS related.

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    If that were the case, there'd never be any updates. Something gets screwed up and what do we do.... reinstall. Most of that stuff is 3rd party anyway.

Beyond that, it could be BIOS related.
    Actually, the BIOS was just updated through "Samsung Update" not long ago. Maybe that jacked something up?

Top Bottom