• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    When you get into device manager make sure you show hidden devices. You may need to roll back the driver if you can find the device. I have seen issues when upgrading to 10 with losing connectivity.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Figure out why it's hidden. Most of the hidden devices I deal with are USB->serial adapters or other USB devices that have been disconnected. If that's the case, your PC might think it's disconnected. Is it disabled in the BIOS maybe?

I would uninstall the hidden device, and reboot.

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    Figure out why it's hidden. Most of the hidden devices I deal with are USB->serial adapters or other USB devices that have been disconnected. If that's the case, your PC might think it's disconnected. Is it disabled in the BIOS maybe?

I would uninstall the hidden device, and reboot.

Just so we're on the same page, if I uninstall all these hidden Bluetooth drivers and restart, they'll automatically be reinstalled at startup? Or will I be left with nothing at all?

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    It depends on where the problem is. If the system can't detect the hardware, you'll have nothing at all. Most of those are virtual anyway. The only one that's real is the Qualcomm Atheros. That's the one I'd uninstall and reboot. If it prompts you to remove the driver, do so.

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    It depends on where the problem is. If the system can't detect the hardware, you'll have nothing at all. Most of those are virtual anyway. The only one that's real is the Qualcomm Atheros. That's the one I'd uninstall and reboot. If it prompts you to remove the driver, do so.

Bingo! Thanks geek! Back up and running!

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    Ok. Went through another update, bluetooth failed again, uninstalled hoping the fix would be the same. No dice. After a restart, no blutooth device to be found in the device manager. Am I screwed?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We'll soon be upgrading (downgrading) to Windows 10 at work. I am dreading it. I can't find anything on Win10. Hopefully they plan on providing extensive training on how to use it because I'm gonna need it!

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    We'll soon be upgrading (downgrading) to Windows 10 at work. I am dreading it. I can't find anything on Win10. Hopefully they plan on providing extensive training on how to use it because I'm gonna need it!

The user interface really isn't as bad as you think, but the driver support has been horrible so far.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The user interface really isn't as bad as you think, but the driver support has been horrible so far.

I don't know... It has been for me (the user interface). I upgraded DoggyMama's laptop from Win 8 (even horribler) to Win 10 thinking it might be better, but I still can't find anything. Her brother stopped by the other day because his task bar had disappeared (on a Win 10 machine). I tried for nearly half an hour but could never figure out how to get it back. Thought it might be a simple right click and "Show Taskbar", but nooooooo. And searching for "task bar" brought up zero results. I guess if someone is more used to tablets and smartphones it may be more intuitive but personally I don't want my laptop to look like a smartphone. That's what my smartphone is for.

Seems like every other Windows upgrade through 7 has been pretty much the same as the previous version from a user interface standpoint but Win 8 and 10 were just such a radical departure from 7, for me at least.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I dread the rollout we're going to do this fall. There are over 500 sites in my support area. There will be zero training from corporate yet they will expect us IT guys to fix everything. I'll be surprised if we're even told about Win10 before it starts showing up in the field.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I dread the rollout we're going to do this fall. There are over 500 sites in my support area. There will be zero training from corporate yet they will expect us IT guys to fix everything. I'll be surprised if we're even told about Win10 before it starts showing up in the field.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...it-pros-on-microsoft-virtual-academy-read-on/

https://mva.microsoft.com/en-us/tra...it-professionals-10629/?l=fCowqpy8_5905094681

Some starting points.

Top Bottom